The Education Forum

COUP IN DALLAS

COUP IN DALLAS is out today in Kindle form. You can find the ebook version on Amazon here.

Coup in Dallas on Amazon

My research for the book focused on the 'Lay of the Land' chapter, a long section near the book's end, and my essay at the end of the book came out of that research as well. It was around half a year of digging and discussions, and had been preceded by a couple of years of research I'd already done before I began talking to Leslie. I could be wrong but looking through the text, I see a couple of bits that were dug up at the absolute last minute made it into that chapter in the book.

Just as a heads up, my chronological essay at the end, which runs 4000 words, was originally 14,000 words and had something like a hundred additional footnotes and a lot of additional detail. A few months ago, when COUP was running long and there were practical difficulties being faced in getting all the material into a single manuscript, I volunteered to cut the essay, as I didn't want any of my stuff to reduce what Albarelli had dug up. So, aside from a few small bits and pieces, I did a clean lift, stopping the essay around the 4000 word mark. The direction of the remainder of my essay, which was heavily sourced and referenced with some things that will be new to researchers, is paraphrased in the final paragraph, which gives a strong picture of where things were going.

There's a closing essay (not by me) on Tracey Barnes. I've started a new day job this week, but I'll likely be referencing that Barnes chapter in a future Education Forum thread. Ditto Nicholas Katzenbach, whose activities after the Warren Commission finished deserve closer attention. Katzenbach was put to work by LBJ on another Commission, and his associates - and some Warren Commission staffers - went with him. I believe the group kept an active interest in how the WC findings were being received by the public. More on all this later.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My copy in book form purchased from Amazon U.K. is scheduled to arrive on Friday 19th.

I'll post bits and pieces that popped up during the research process when time permits. Since my essay ends on a cliffhanger, some might find the following paragraph of interest. The removed portions of the essay carefully followed the paths of the war profiteers who were keeping a close eye on the spoils of victory following JFK's murder. As far as I can tell, this particular CIA group has been rarely, if ever, mentioned online.

Several members of the below group would join the Defense Science Board (DSB), and DSB/JASON member Richard Garwin would later be drafted to help reinforce the official story of JFK's murder.

In 1970, after working with John S. Foster Jr. for five years in the Department of Defense, Norman Augustine becomes the Vice President of LTV Missiles and Space Company. When Augustine returns to government in 1973, he joins the secretive Intelligence Research & Development Council, a group set up that year by the CIA as a guidance and advisory forum linking R&D figures from government with the intelligence community. The IR&D Council of the 1970’s - composed of high ranking military figures working alongside Sayre Stevens, the CIA’s Deputy Director for Science and Technology - eventually sees its entire membership move into the most powerful positions of the armaments industry. IR&D Council members become Vice Presidents of System Planning Corporation, Texas Instruments, General Motors and Lockheed, and CEO’s of Hughes Aircraft and Lockheed. (23)

(23) IR&DC members in January 1974, DRAFT MINUTES OF THE 15 JANUARY 1974 IR&DC MEETING, January 31st, 1974, CIA-RDP80M01082A000200170008-8 , MEMBERSHIP ROSTER, March 6th 1975, CIA-RDP80M01133A000200040017-5 . David S.. Potter became a Vice President at General Motors. George H. Heilmeier became a Vice President at Texas Instruments. Walter B. LaBerge became Lockheed’s Vice President of Advanced Planning. Sayre Stevens became the executive Vice President of System Planning Corporation. Leslie C. Dirks became Vice President of Strategic Planning at Hughes Aircraft Company. Norman Augustine became the chairman and CEO of the Lockheed Martin Corporation. H. Tyler Marcy was already IBM’s Director of Technology. Daniel O. Graham helped promote Reagan’s SDI initiative with GRCSW member Frederick Seitz.

After reading the forward and afterwards I began the book. Over 100 pages in, and it’s eye opening. A book like this is long overdue. You won’t find nuts and bolts of Dealey Plaza or painstaking examinations of Oswald’s life. There’s plenty of books for that. What you will find is a theory of who did it, and really in depth looks at some understudied principals, such as Tracy Barnes, Jack Crichton, and Jean Souetre, and Otto Skorzeny. I have a lot more reading, and I’m not nearly ready to write a cogent review. I’m posting this in hopes that some or all of you will read it. Along with writers and researchers like Larry Hancock, Jim DiEugenio, Dick Russell, Peter Dale Scott, John Newman and others, Hank Albarelli deserves to be taken seriously. The research is original, the writing detailed but eminently readable. I think it deserves serious consideration, and much discussion. 

Would love to see or hear the Irv Kupcinet "At Random" TV show episode (March 1964) in which Marguerite Oswald is interviewed on a panel featuring Hjalmar Schacht.* 

https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united-states-of-america-10/marguerite-oswald-interview-44578/

The Museum of Broadcast Communications doesn't make this available in its Online Collections.

_____

*You know you've read too many WW II books when you can spell that name on the first go.

Edited by David Andrews

39 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

After reading the forward and afterwards I began the book. Over 100 pages in, and it’s eye opening. A book like this is long overdue. You won’t find nuts and bolts of Dealey Plaza or painstaking examinations of Oswald’s life. There’s plenty of books for that. What you will find is a theory of who did it, and really in depth looks at some understudied principals, such as Tracy Barnes, Jack Crichton, and Jean Souetre, and Otto Skorzeny. I have a lot more reading, and I’m not nearly ready to write a cogent review. I’m posting this in hopes that some or all of you will read it. Along with writers and researchers like Larry Hancock, Jim DiEugenio, Dick Russell, Peter Dale Scott, John Newman and others, Hank Albarelli deserves to be taken seriously. The research is original, the writing detailed but eminently readable. I think it deserves serious consideration, and much discussion. 

I have read through the first chapter. I am totally hooked and find it an intriguing read so far. I think you will see a lot of researchers that have hitched their wagon to one particular theory poo-pooing the books thesis. 

My only complaint so far is that there have been several typos in the first 100 pages or so. 

I’ll carry the ball here. Many, even most, here have dismissed the ‘French Connection’ because when it became a hot theory a few decades ago many researchers, excited about the revelations of Christian David, were thoroughly disappointed when David named names that turned out to be false, such as Lucien Sarti. After that the theory kind of disappeared. But has anyone considered the possibility that David was himself doing the bidding of the very forces that were trying to prevent disclosure of their guilt? I mean, who was David? And why would his cryptic and false statements derail the theory, when the most obvious place to look was at Souetre, who was provably in Dallas on November 22? Well, we all dismissed Souetre too, because of all the confusion, deliberate in my view, around whether someone was using his name who wasn’t him? I’m sure many of you remember all this. But it’s time to look again at the possibility that deep state conspirators outsourced the assassination to foreign terrorists? The beauty of Hank Albarelli’s research is that he ties Souetre to Skorzeny, and Skorzeny to key CIA people and to Dallas big shots.

I’m going to lose my faith in this community if they don’t take a serious look at Albarelli’s work. Why have DiEugenio and Hancock not weighed in on this thread? Are they reading Coup in Dallas? Are you? 

Edited by Paul Brancato