The Education Forum

Please. Out. (for the time being)

I'm stepping away from the forum due to some extremely serious medical issues. I've spent countless hours here and have learned a lot. I'll probably only be checking in on this thread, so I wanted to ask a parting question:

Other than the vindication of someone's pet theory, at this point in time, would the solving of the assassination of JFK change anything concerning a the future of our country? 

Best wishes to all.

4 minutes ago, Robert Burrows said:

Other than the vindication of someone's pet theory, at this point in time, would the solving of the assassination of JFK change anything concerning a the future of our country?

Probably not, but truth is its own reward. Something unjust doesn't become just with the passage of time, and the significance of the injustice doesn't diminish because it might not be topically relevant at some future moment.

Robert,

Sorry to hear about your health issues.  Best wishes.

Regarding your question, I do believe that public knowledge, and acknowledgement, of the truth about President Kennedy's assassination would be beneficial for the future of the country.

It would be a step toward breaking down the systemic denial of truth by our military industrial media complex, which I view as a major threat to a healthy, informed, democratic society.

The American people have been repeatedly manipulated and misled by the M$M and the military industrial complex.

George Orwell's work has been singularly prophetic on the subject.

Edited by W. Niederhut

Good luck and best wishes, Robert.

Apparently the media establishments think that "solving" the JFKA, or even arguing with previous commission findings, are a hazard.  One wonders, though, if the most tangible effect would be just another personnel shakeup and budget cut for CIA, based on its refusal to abandon its legacy cover-up.

Probably not.

But JMcA would be spinning, DVP would be back on his KFC fryers (would you like fries with that sir?), and Posner would have to refund his royalties. And have his face put back to normal.

Good luck

Robert-

Man, sorry to hear. I am reminded how small and unimportant our political differences are (for 99% of us) whenever a fellow human has real problems. 

Yes, at this late date, "solving the JFKA" might not change much. We see mainstream media and even much of the new media co-opted by the blob, that is the confection of government, national security agencies and huge multinationals, and affiliated think tanks, foundations, institutions, centers, lobby groups, academia, media. 

But I enjoyed your posts, as someone who was trying not to think as they were told to think, by this or that major faction in the media. 

Good luck, man.

Robert. Going to miss you.

I have so enjoyed and appreciated your postings.

Will keep you in my thoughts and pray you have loving, calming angels next to you throughout your medical ordeals.

The truth is ALWAYS a freeing thing. Even hard truths that are learned much later than their original false truth propagation dates and times.

Maybe not for some at first by those who have been wounded by the original non-truths.

However, any healing process cannot honestly and wholely happen without the truth. We all know this.

Same goes for that wise old "doomed to repeat the bad past" adage, eh?

I think that the truths about LBJ, Hoover and others in our highest rungs of power and who benefitted back in those days of the big 3 assassinations will eventually be known. Dark, ugly and sickening truths that have kept us all in a much more stunted potential existence than we ever imagined.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Robert, I wish you well.

Trust in government plummeted, coincident with the sixties assassinations. Now we have apathy, confusion and schism. With leaders too scared to lead. Would the truth about those assassinations help? I'd sure like to find out!

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

How would the line that JFK and MLK were communist traitors, and RFK their enabler, play out in the age of QAnon, "Stop the Steal" and BLM?

I don't know whether the originators and planners of the JFK assassination believed that Kennedy was a communist traitor.  Whether or not that was material doesn't matter.  It could be used to get other folks who had problems with Kennedy on board the notion Kennedy should not be reelected.  Who were the originators?  LBJ and JEH, IMO.

31 minutes ago, John Butler said:

I don't know whether the originators and planners of the JFK assassination believed that Kennedy was a communist traitor.  Whether or not that was material doesn't matter.  It could be used to get other folks who had problems with Kennedy on board the notion Kennedy should not be reelected.  Who were the originators?  LBJ and JEH, IMO.

Sidesteps the anti-Kennedy animus at CIA and among Cuban exiles just a bit.

Robert,You've always been a positive force here and a fun guy, who would pose good questions. Keep up your spirits and do what it takes to get well!

I could write a lot about what I think has changed over the years.  I always believe learning the truth is a good thing. I'd like to think it would  have a positive effect on reexamining the myths of the Cold War and the resultant militarism and lead to adapting a more hands off foreign policy (but maybe only budget cuts.) But that could happen without the JFKA, the dislocations to wars have destroyed us, we're overextended with too many problems at home. But that question is determined by how the new paradigm plays out IMO.