The Education Forum

The Bus Ride

Gil Jesus

The Bus Ride
by Gil Jesus ( 2021 )

"During police interrogation after his arrest, Oswald admitted to riding both bus and taxi in returning to his roominghouse after the assassination of the President." (Report, pg. 648 )

Not surprisingly, this statement in the Report offers no reference or footnote to support its claim. It's conclusion is based on the testimony of Dallas Homicide Captain Will Fritz.

From the police lineups to Oswald's refusing legal counsel to what Oswald said during his interrogation, Fritz lied repeatedly under oath.

In this instance, Fritz claimed that Oswald first told him that he took busses and walked to get home. ( 4 H 223 )
Then he claimed that Oswald changed his story and admitted taking a cab when Fritz asked him about it. ( ibid. )
Finally, Fritz got the cost of the taxi ride wrong. ( ibid. ) A mistake Oswald could not have made.
Not having a stenographer or a tape recorder present during questioning gave the Dallas Police an enormous advantage in claiming that Oswald said things which he did not say.

All they had to do is get everybody present to agree.
It also gave them an opportunity to "rough" Oswald up with no evidence that they did so.

The Commission inferred that Oswald used the bus and then a taxi to facilitate his "escape" from the Texas School Book Depository in order to avoid apprehension for assassinating President Kennedy.
But perhaps Oswald's "escape" was anything but.

Escape ?

James Jarman worked at the Texas School Book Depository as a "checker", a person who checked the orders for accuracy. Oswald was a "filler", one who filled the orders and then they went to Jarman to be checked to make sure they were right.
As a co-worker of Oswald, Jarman was called to give testimony. During that testimony, Jarman said that at lunch time Oswald would "sometimes go out of the building. One time in particular I know he went out, but he didn't buy any lunch." ( 3 H 200 )

Jarman's testimony reveals that Oswald's leaving the building at lunchtime was nothing out of the ordinary. And his leaving the building at lunchtime is consistent with his past habit of leaving the building when he worked at the William B. Reilly Company in New Orleans ( 11 H 474 ).

Although leaving the building may prove that he was looking for an excuse to get out of work, it isn't proof that he was fleeing a murder scene.

On November 25, 1963, a memo form then Assistant Attorney Nicholas Katzenbach outlined the Commission's mandate:
"The public must be satisfied that Oswald was the sole assassin, that he did not have confederates who are still at large, and the evidence was such that he would have been convicted at trial." ( FBI 62-109060 JFK HQ file, Sec. 18 pg. 29 )

In spite of solid evidence that said that Oswald had been picked up by someone in a car, the Commission adopted this scenario of Oswald fleeing by bus and taxi because its agenda called for a scenario of Oswald and Oswald alone.

He could not have "confederates who are still at large".

In fact, as we get into the Commission's scenario, it becomes more evident that this was not only not an escape, but it wasn't Oswald in either the bus or the taxi.

The Bus Ride

The Commission claimed that Oswald left the Texas School Book Depository walked seven blocks and boarded a bus.
According to the Commission, there were two busses that serviced Oak Cliff. The Marsalis bus and the Beckley bus.
( Report, pg. 161 )

The Commission noted that the Beckley bus would have dropped him right across the street from his roominghouse. But instead of waiting for that bus, it concluded that he chose the first bus to Oak Cliff, the Marsalis Bus, which would have dropped him off seven blocks from his destination. ( ibid.)

The Commission never explained why he did this.

That Marsalis bus was driven by Cecil McWatters, a bus driver with the Dallas Transit Company who had nearly 19 years in the company. On November 22, 1963 his route was from the Lakewood section of Dallas to Oak Cliff. ( 2 H 262 )

McWatters' bus was stuck in traffic when a man knocked on the door and entered it. The man stayed on the bus for approximately two blocks and then asked for a transfer and got off.
That man, the Commission said, was Lee Harvey Oswald.

At about 6:30 pm on the day of the assassination, McWatters viewed four men in a police lineup. He picked Oswald from the lineup as the man who had boarded the bus at the "lower end of town around Elm and Houston" and who, on the ride south on Marsalis, had an argument with a woman passenger. ( Report, pg. 159 )

Of course this is not true, McWatters never identified Oswald, he only said that Oswald was about the same height and weight as the man who boarded the bus.

McWatters viewed the same lineup ( Lineup # 2 ) as Ted Callaway and Sam Guinyard, Oswald with 3 police employees:

Mr. BALL. You didn't--as I understand it, when you were at the police lineup, you told us that you didn't--weren't able to identify this man in the lineup as the man who got off, that you gave the transfer to.
Mr. McWATTERS. I told them to the best of my knowledge, I said the man that I picked out was the same height, about the same height, weight and description. But as far as actually saying that is the man I couldn't--
Mr. BALL. You couldn't do it?
Mr. McWATTERS. I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't do it now.
(2 H 279 )

The absurdity of this man being Oswald can't be emphasized enough. Even in the ridiculous official version, Oswald was not on the bus while it travelled south on Marsalis.

In the end, the man McWatters described was identified as teenager Milton Jones, who admitted having an argument with a female passenger. ( CE 2641, 25 H 899 )

When Jones was interviewed, he could not identify Oswald as the man who got on the bus. But his description of the man's clothing indicates either the man was not Oswald or Oswald changed his clothes when he got to his room. ( 25 H 900 )
But the Commission was never deterred by witnesses who could not or would not tell them what they wanted to hear. They wanted Oswald on that bus and they needed only one witness to put him there.

The scripted witness

Mary Bledsoe was a divorcee who rented rooms on North Marsalis. She rented a room to Oswald in October, 1963. Oswald paid her $7 for a full week, but she refused to rent to him for a second week because she didn't like him. She threw him out after only five days and he asked for two dollars back for the last two days. She told him that she "didn't have it" and never refunded his money.

This was one of the Commission's star witnesses.

"Mrs. Bledsoe identified the shirt as the one Oswald was wearing and she stated that she was certain it was Oswald who boarded the bus." ( Report, pg. 159 )

Seeing as she had a past connection to Oswald it seems unlikely that she could have been mistaken in her identification. However, her prior experience with Oswald consisted if his living with her for less than a week, during which time he was hardly ever around.
Besides her inclination to become dishonest at times, Mrs. Bledsoe had suffered a stroke ( 6 H 404 ) that apparently affected her memory much to the extent that she had to read from notes she had taken. ( ibid. pg. 407-408 )

She described Oswald getting on the bus: "He looks like a maniac". I didn't look at him. I didn't even want to know I seen him and I just looked off. He looked so bad in his face and his face was so distorted." ( ibid., pg. 409 )

Had Oswald been behaving so erratically it is unlikely that she would have been the only one to notice it.

One might ask how she could describe his face when she admitted she didn't look at him. She also admitted that from her side-facing seat on the passenger's side, she never faced him and repeated that she never looked at him. ( ibid. )
From her position, anyone entering the bus would have been visible from the rear and the left side as they passed in front of her from right to left and walked towards the rear of the bus.

During her testimony, she made bizarre claims that Oswald's wife was Spanish ( ibid., pg. 408 ) and when he got on the bus, all the buttons on his shirt were torn off ( ibid., pg. 410 ).
I counted a conservative 22 times during her testimony where she was asked a question and could not remember.
But she remembered that shirt. Torn buttons and all.

This was another example of a witness whose memory was not good but gave the Commission what it needed -- Oswald on the bus.

The bus transfer

Another piece of phony "evidence" is the bus transfer reportedly recovered on Oswald.
The transfer was supposedly found on Oswald as he was searched waiting for the first lineup to begin at 4:05 pm.

So the police arrested Oswald and didn't search him for almost an hour and a half after his arrest ?

It was found by Detective Richard Sims, who took it back up to the office, initialed it and put it in an envelope and left it in a desk of a superior officer whom he could not remember. ( 7 H 173 )

This is chain-of-custody ?

It appears more than likely that this item was planted by police to defend the idea that Oswald fled on his own and not with an accomplice.

Why do I call this transfer phony ?

Upon examination, we can see that the Commission's transfer has had its bottom half torn off. A comparison with a complete transfer from the same book shows that the bottom half contained the times for the driver to punch.

As you can see, these times were printed in 15 minute intervals, where the driver would punch the hour on the left column and the minutes on the right.
McWatters testified that the only two transfers he gave out that day on that run were pre-punched for 1 pm.
But the Commission's transfer while showing the time of 1 o'clock has no punch on it.

Why not ?

Because the transfer currently in evidence is NOT one of the transfers that McWatters gave out.
Just because he identified the two punches on the transfer as coming from his punch, that doesn't mean that he punched them.

McWatters testified that he was stopped by police downtown:

"Well, they told me that they had a transfer that I had issued that was cut for Lamar St at 1 o'clock and wanted to know if I knew anything about it." ( 2 H 268 )

The Dallas Police could not have gotten the time and place the transfer was punched from the transfer itself. That information is not on the transfer.

The Commission found that out when they questioned McWatters:

MR BALL. If this transfer was issued around the Lamar area or St.Paul--Elm area, is there any place where you could punch and show that particular location ?
MR. McWATTERS. No, sir.
(2 H 291 )

So how could the Dallas Police know where and when the transfer was punched ?
They couldn't. Unless there was previous contact between McWatters and police and McWatters told them about it.

On March 30, 1964, the FBI interviewed the teenager on the bus, Roy Milton Jones, to see if he could identify Oswald as the man on the bus. He could not.

But during that interview, Jones told the FBI that "a policeman notified the driver that the President had been shot and he told the driver no one was to leave the bus until police officers had talked to each passenger."

He went on to say that, "he estimated there were about fifteen people on the bus at this time and two police officers boarded the bus and checked each passenger to see if they were carrying any firearms."
And finally, that "the bus was held up by the police officers for about one hour."

Not surprizingly, neither McWatters, Mrs. Bledsoe, nor young Jones were ever asked any questions regarding the events that transpired during the hour that the Dallas Police were on the bus.

For example, what were the names of the two police officers who boarded the bus ?

If police were looking for a weapon, normal procedure would have been to force all the passengers to evacuate the bus while the police conducted a search of it.

Was this done ?

Was McWatters on board while the search was going on or was he outside the bus ?

During this search, did the police have access to the transfer book and the punch ?

Did McWatters tell them that he had just dropped off a man and given him a transfer ?

McWatters testified that he only gave out two transfers to passengers on that run. But did he give police a "sample" of one of his transfers with his punch mark for comparison in case they encountered the man who left the bus ?

I know if I were that cop and I was searching busses, I'd want a sample of that transfer in case I ran into that guy.
If he did give them a sample, what time did he punch it for ?

Did they search each individual passenger and who searched the women ?

These are questions the Commission didn't ask.

On March 10, 1964 the FBI went looking for Cecil McWatters' transfer book. Mr. F.F. Yates, Superintendent of the Dallas Transit System reported that "after checking his records, he was unable to find any record of the transfer books that were issued to driver Cecil McWatters on November 22, 1963." ( CD 897, pg. 175 )

What a surprise.

Conclusion

This is the Commission's evidence that Oswald boarded a bus after leaving the Texas School Book Depository.
A bus driver who couldn't identify him.

A teenager who couldn't identify him.

A woman who whose memory was damaged so badly from a previous stroke that she had to read from a script. She couldn't remember what she had for breakfast.

She claimed Oswald's wife was Spanish.
She claimed all the buttons on his shirt were torn off.
She claimed his face was distorted.
Poor thing, the only thing distorted was her memory.
This was a witness who obviously had suffered brain damage.

And there's the bus transfer that is not stamped at 1 o'clock and has the bottom half torn off, taken from a book that vanished into thin air.

This is the foundation of the Commission's conclusion that Oswald boarded a bus to escape the scene of the assassination.

It's nonsense.

I believe that this bus transfer ( CE 381-A ) was most certainly planted by police to bolster the idea that Oswald rode the bus in order to dissuade the idea that he left the Texas School Book Depository by other means.

A lot of good documentation and questions in there Gil.  I've long thought, like the Texas Theater there were two Oswald's exiting the TSBD.  One maybe trying a bus before he did take a taxi.  Then the one Roger Craig and others saw running down the embankment to get in the Rambler. 

Maybe they deserve separate identifications in history.  Taxi Oswald (TO) and Rambler Oswald (RO)?  Which one was the real Oswald, the one that spent Thursday night with Marina?  I lean to Taxi - O given the driver, changing shirts and getting his gun (not?), arrested at the TT, eliminated by Ruby.

Rather than the one who ran down the back end of the Grassy Knoll to under the triple overpass and the Rambler.  Maybe the one who led police and Johnny Brewer to the TT.  Or maybe even the one taken out the back door of the TT.  See Into The Nightmare by Joseph McBride for more detail on the latter part.

8 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

The Bus Ride

The Commission claimed that Oswald left the Texas School Book Depository walked seven blocks and boarded a bus.

Oswald supposedly left work and walked seven blocks east, only to get on a bus heading back west towards the scene of the crime.

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

This "Owald", boarded a bus in front of the Rio Grande Building.

The Rio Grande Building was a 297 ft. tall, 19 story building in downtown Dallas now known as the Rio Grande Life Building. The street address was changed to 249 N. Field St.

https://www.emporis.com/buildings/118467/rio-grande-life-building-dallas-tx-usa

It was demolished in 1971?

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=40597

Transcript of HSCA Critics' Conference of 17 Sep 1977

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10375&search=%22Charles_T.+Brecht%22#relPageId=1&tab=page

Sylvia Meagher, Mary Ferrell, Paul Hoch, Peter Dale Scott, Josiah Thompson, Gary Shaw, et.al

Mary Ferrell, p. 206: Oswald got on the bus in front of the Rio Grande Building headed back toward Houston and Oak Cliff.

Gary Shaw p. 179: “Pat Russell, DeMohrenschildt's attorney officed in the same building with the Army Intelligence Fourth Division.”

Ms. Ferrell: “Up there in the Rio Grande Building? I didn't know that.”

The Rio Grande Building was at 251 N. Field St. Oswald wrote to the INS at 251 N. Field about June's citizenship status.

The INS had an office at 1402 Rio Grande Building

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11246&relPageId=35&search=Rio_Grande%20Building

On April 1, 1964, Miss Brenda Route, Deputy Clerk, Domestic Relations Court, Dallas County, Texas, advised SA James Hosty...that on November 13, 1963, Mrs. Ruth Paine filed a petition for divorce from Michael Paine citing “cruel and tyrannical treatment” that made living together impossible. No action was taken, and after six months the matter was automatically dismissed by notice to the attorney, which in this case would be Raggio and Raggio, 734 Rio Grande Building, Dallas, Texas.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1199&search=Rio_Grande+Building#relPageId=50&tab=page

In her Orleans Parish testimony, Ruth said that it was the firm of Roggio and Roggio in the Rio Grande Building. Her lawyer was a woman.

The 112th INTC Region II office was at 912 Rio Grande Building.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=96524&relPageId=59&search=Rio_Grande%20Building

James Powell's statement, April 12, 1996. Taken in California by Timothy A. Wray, ARRB Chief Analyst for Military Records

Powell: That's what the other agents were doing except for those that, there was always a staff in the building - in this case the Rio Grande Building - and there were probably three or four of those people there at the time when I had my time off. The other agents were just out doing their regular job.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=77654&relPageId=20&search=Rio_Grande%20Building

The owners of the Republic Investment Company, located at 848 Rio Grande Building were suspected of bookmaking operations in Dallas with close ties to Campisi and Vincent Marcello of New Orleans.

See also https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=83307&relPageId=6&search=Rio_Grande%20Building

concerning an investigation of Raymond Cosmo Terranella and James Henry Dolan.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=141087&search=Rio_Grande+Building#relPageId=2&tab=page

is a March 26, 1965 letter from Gordon Shanklin to Lieutenant Colonel Roy Pate of the 112th INTC at Room 912 of the Rio Grande Building referencing two copies of a letterhead memo on the Dallas/Fort Worth Minutemen Club. The letterhead memo is not attached. The referenced memo is a summary of a separate memorandum previously submitted.

This letter indicates that the FBI was sharing information on the Dallas Minutemen with the 112th INTC

William Kelly wrote in the Education Forum on Posted March 12, 2014 that the Secret Service had their office in the Rio Grande Building.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/21070-view-from-the-snipers-nest/#comment-285539

Jack White posted in the Education Forum on Posted August 7, 2006

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/7628-order-in-the-courts/#comment-71655

“The SS may have been in the "federal building/postal annex" on the south edge of Dealey Plaza. I seem to remember that the FBI was in the Rio Grande Building several blocks east of the plaza. Or maybe it was vice versa.”

WC testimony of Kenneth Croy, being questioned by Burt Griffin:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/croy.htm

Mr. GRIFFIN. Did you drive your car to the courthouse?
Mr. CROY. Yes.
Mr. GRIFFIN. Which courthouse
Mr. CROY. There was only one courthouse.
Mr. GRIFFIN. There is a county courthouse?
Mr. CROY. There is.
Mr. GRIFFIN. There is a Federal Courthouse, also...

(I wonder if he was thinking of the Rio Grande Building)

This FBI Report refers to it as “The Rio Grande National Building.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=83307&relPageId=6&search=Rio_Grande%20Building

Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Looking forward to your further analysis of Oswald’s method of travel after he left the TSBD

The taxi ride is done, i'll post it on saturday.

Great post. 

The fact that DPD police officers were searching a bus---and this is before Tippit has been shot---is an oddity in itself.

Really? You expect a presidential assassin to escape by bus? You are not searching ordinary vehicles? Panel wagons, cargo vans? 

Yet LHO is on the record as saying busses are not bad for escaping, for that very reason, that they not thought of as escape vehicles. This all suggests that someone who knew LHO then tipped the DPD to search busses. 

That, and someone (I forget who, but a government employee) was taking pictures of that bus too.  

I totally agree that the witness testimony regarding LHO on the bus is weak. But LHO may have been on a bus at some point. 

My hunch has long been that the CIA knew right away something had gone very wrong in Dallas, and LHO had to be caught quickly. They fed clues to the DPD. 

As usual, the WC was a prosecutorial and disinformation agency, not an investigative agency. 

The WC should have subpoenaed many DPD brass, and under oath asked them and Mayor Cabell if they talked that day to the CIA or other national security agencies and about what. Seized phone records and so on. 

4 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Great post. 

The fact that DPD police officers were searching a bus---and this is before Tippit has been shot---is an oddity in itself.

Really? You expect a presidential assassin to escape by bus? You are not searching ordinary vehicles? Panel wagons, cargo vans? 

Yet LHO is on the record as saying busses are not bad for escaping, for that very reason, that they not thought of as escape vehicles. This all suggests that someone who knew LHO then tipped the DPD to search busses. 

That, and someone (I forget who, but a government employee) was taking pictures of that bus too.  

I totally agree that the witness testimony regarding LHO on the bus is weak. But LHO may have been on a bus at some point. 

My hunch has long been that the CIA knew right away something had gone very wrong in Dallas, and LHO had to be caught quickly. They fed clues to the DPD. 

As usual, the WC was a prosecutorial and disinformation agency, not an investigative agency. 

The WC should have subpoenaed many DPD brass, and under oath asked them and Mayor Cabell if they talked that day to the CIA or other national security agencies and about what. Seized phone records and so on. 

The Commission claimed that Oswald left the Texas School Book Depository building at 12:33 and boarded the bus at 12:40. They claimed that in that seven minutes, he walked seven blocks where he encountered the bus. Then he boarded a bus that would take him back to Dealey Plaza but not close to his roominghouse. Nobody on the bus could identify him, save a woman whose memory was shot. Then there is the phony bus transfer that is torn in half and not stamped.

Anybody who believes Oswald was on this bus needs to look at my evidence:

https://gil-jesus.com/?page_id=1280

1 hour ago, Gil Jesus said:

Gil,

So far, I have found seven versions or copies of the Report that Captain Will Fritz of the the DPD Homicide and Robbery Bureau filed concerning his Interrogations of Lee Harvey Oswald.

There are two versions of Fritz's interview with Oswald in the DPD Archives. One is in Box 1 and another is in Box 15.

1) Interrogation, by an unknown author. Typed rough draft with handwritten corrections pertaining to the interrogation of Lee Harvey Oswald, (Original), date unknown. DPD Archives Box 1, Folder# 15, Item# 1. Consists of 12 pages. This is the version of the Interrogation that has stenographer's notes.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=217800#relPageId=546

Page 5 of Fritz’s Interrogation. Page 550 of the pdf file

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=217800#relPageId=550

image.png.161018a74c3e342b88d8b0a420969dee.png

This was handwritten in the margin of the typed copy and was to be inserted into the body where you see the stenographer’s notes:

image.thumb.png.51d50a922aa6576b842799c66a8254f4.png

2) Interrogation, by J. W. Fritz. Draft of the interrogation of Lee Harvey Oswald, (Photocopy) Poor Quality), date unknown DPD Archives, Box 15, Folder# 1, Item# 111.

This consists of 13 pages. By starting new paragraphs as called for in the draft in Box 1, this draft has been extended to 13 pages. You can also see the differences between page 5 in Box1 and page 6 in Box 15 where Fritz wanted language added about the bus transfer in Oswald's pocket. This tells me that the draft in Box 1 came first.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=217813#relPageId=157

(page 6 of the Interrogation, page 162 of the pdf file).

Did Fritz forget that Oswald had a bus transfer in his pocket?

Did Oswald forget to tell Fritz about the cab ride?

Were these handwritten notes added at a later time to clean up the record?

I personally believe the latter because I believe that Fritz’s notes were altered in an unsuccessful attempt to remove evidence of a 12:35 PM interview of Oswald on Saturday afternoon.

Steve Thomas

8 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

The Commission claimed that Oswald left the Texas School Book Depository building at 12:33 and boarded the bus at 12:40. They claimed that in that seven minutes, he walked seven blocks where he encountered the bus. Then he boarded a bus that would take him back to Dealey Plaza but not close to his roominghouse. Nobody on the bus could identify him, save a woman whose memory was shot. Then there is the phony bus transfer that is torn in half and not stamped.

"They claimed that in that seven minutes, he walked seven blocks where he encountered the bus."--GJ

How long are the blocks? Downtown city blocks? LHO was a young man, made it through Marine boot camp, was not fat or disabled, etc.  One block per minute? 

To me, the oddity is that DPD'ers were already searching busses, and not other vehicles...someone tipped them off early in the game...

To be clear, I am not saying the WC report is correct on this matter.  

But if LHO was on a bus, it makes sense in some regards.

I posit LHO was set up as a patsy, and his ride from the scene evaporated, or he sensibly chose not to get into an escape vehicle with the guys who just set him up as a patsy.  

So...lacking much in the way of good options, perhaps LHO took the first bus that promised to get him away from the area. The bus mired down, and then LHO hailed a taxi, and armed himself, accurately suspecting people were out to kill him (as happened soon enough). 

Is there another timeline for LHO in the immediate aftermath of the JFKA? 

How did he get to his rooming house? 

I am not contesting what you have said. But what are better explanations for LHO's whereabouts, post-JFKA? 

9 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Is there another timeline for LHO in the immediate aftermath of the JFKA? 

How did he get to his rooming house? 

I am not contesting what you have said. But what are better explanations for LHO's whereabouts, post-JFKA? 

Unfortunately, my research isn't to find answers, but to ask questions. It's about examining the so called evidence and exposing it as fake. We may never have all the answers and interested parties will debate this tragedy for decades to come. We were lied to, plain and simple and that fact is why questions remain. I'm sorry that I can't tell folks who the gunman were, which direction the shots were fired from, how they escaped or any number of alternative scenarios from the official version.

My research is to present evidence that contradicts the official lie. I'll have to leave what really happened to others.

If you believe that the bus transfer is legit, then you'll probably have a problem with the taxi ride as well. I'll post it tomorrow, but for anyone who can't wait it's on my website with the bus ride here:

42 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

Unfortunately, my research isn't to find answers, but to ask questions. It's about examining the so called evidence and exposing it as fake. We may never have all the answers and interested parties will debate this tragedy for decades to come. We were lied to, plain and simple and that fact is why questions remain. I'm sorry that I can't tell folks who the gunman were, which direction the shots were fired from, how they escaped or any number of alternative scenarios from the official version.

My research is to present evidence that contradicts the official lie. I'll have to leave what really happened to others.

If you believe that the bus transfer is legit, then you'll probably have a problem with the taxi ride as well. I'll post it tomorrow, but for anyone who can't wait it's on my website with the bus ride here:

Fair enough. I look forward to your taxi ride post. Hey, I like your work.

But it does seem to me LHO could walk seven downtown blocks in seven minutes.  

• 2 years later...
On 10/22/2021 at 2:14 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

I posit LHO was set up as a patsy, and his ride from the scene evaporated, or he sensibly chose not to get into an escape vehicle with the guys who just set him up as a patsy.  

Cf this from Mr Howard Brennan's book:

While surveying the area, I glanced away to the side of the Depository Building and found something I could not understand. At that time there was a side entrance towards the rear of the building on Houston Street. At some point during the morning hours, the police had sealed off parking in that block and forced all cars to move. Saw horses were placed at Elm and Houston to block traffic. As I looked around I saw a lone car parked beside the Book Depository with a while male seated behind the wheel. The car was an Oldsmobile, a 1955–57 model. It is difficult to tell the exact year unless one is an expert because all those years looked nearly alike. I remember wondering why all the other cars had been made to move and this one had not.
One thing that interested me about the car was the way it was parked. The left front wheel was pulled sharply away from the curb and the driver had the door partially open. Later I wondered if the reason for this was so the car could make a quick U-turn in a speedy departure. As I was watching the man in the car I saw a policeman who was on foot walk over towards the car and begin talking to the man in a friendly, laughing manner. So far as I could see, there was no attempt made to get the man to move his car and after chatting for a minute or so, the policeman walked back to his post. It was this fact that made me think the police should have made some report about the presence of the car, but I have never seen any other account of this “mystery car.”
Many times since, especially in recent years, I have thought about the car parked alongside the Texas Book Depository and wondered where it came from and where it went. I have always wondered why the policeman allowed the car to be parked illegally beside the building with its wheels turned outward when other cars had been made to vacate the area. Of course, the paramount question in my mind was, “Who was the man sitting behind the wheel that day?”
As I watched the car, it never occurred to me that an assassination was about to take place and this might be the “get-away” car. Even though I could not have positively identified the man behind the wheel, I can say this for certain. The man was white, middle-aged and dressed in civilian clothes. I didn’t have an opportunity to study his face, so identification is impossible but I have always felt that somehow he was involved in the assassination.
Later, I would remember, “if that was a ‘get-away’ car, why didn’t it wait to pick up the killer?” Was it possible that he was being left on purpose? These questions and others tormented me for years after that experience and will never be fully answered. The one thing I knew for certain—there was a car there before the assassination and it disappeared before the assassin had time to get out of the building.

------------------------

I wish Mr. Brennan had mentioned the Oldsmobile's color.................

Bell-car-cropped.gif

Edited by Alan Ford

On 10/21/2021 at 12:48 AM, Gil Jesus said:

In the end, the man McWatters described was identified as teenager Milton Jones, who admitted having an argument with a female passenger. ( CE 2641, 25 H 899 )

Mr. Milton Jones:

Roy-Milton-Jones.jpg

Remind you of anyone?

2 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

Cf this from Mr Howard Brennan's book:

While surveying the area, I glanced away to the side of the Depository Building and found something I could not understand. At that time there was a side entrance towards the rear of the building on Houston Street. At some point during the morning hours, the police had sealed off parking in that block and forced all cars to move. Saw horses were placed at Elm and Houston to block traffic. As I looked around I saw a lone car parked beside the Book Depository with a while male seated behind the wheel. The car was an Oldsmobile, a 1955–57 model. It is difficult to tell the exact year unless one is an expert because all those years looked nearly alike. I remember wondering why all the other cars had been made to move and this one had not.
One thing that interested me about the car was the way it was parked. The left front wheel was pulled sharply away from the curb and the driver had the door partially open. Later I wondered if the reason for this was so the car could make a quick U-turn in a speedy departure. As I was watching the man in the car I saw a policeman who was on foot walk over towards the car and begin talking to the man in a friendly, laughing manner. So far as I could see, there was no attempt made to get the man to move his car and after chatting for a minute or so, the policeman walked back to his post. It was this fact that made me think the police should have made some report about the presence of the car, but I have never seen any other account of this “mystery car.”
Many times since, especially in recent years, I have thought about the car parked alongside the Texas Book Depository and wondered where it came from and where it went. I have always wondered why the policeman allowed the car to be parked illegally beside the building with its wheels turned outward when other cars had been made to vacate the area. Of course, the paramount question in my mind was, “Who was the man sitting behind the wheel that day?”
As I watched the car, it never occurred to me that an assassination was about to take place and this might be the “get-away” car. Even though I could not have positively identified the man behind the wheel, I can say this for certain. The man was white, middle-aged and dressed in civilian clothes. I didn’t have an opportunity to study his face, so identification is impossible but I have always felt that somehow he was involved in the assassination.
Later, I would remember, “if that was a ‘get-away’ car, why didn’t it wait to pick up the killer?” Was it possible that he was being left on purpose? These questions and others tormented me for years after that experience and will never be fully answered. The one thing I knew for certain—there was a car there before the assassination and it disappeared before the assassin had time to get out of the building.

------------------------

I wish Mr. Brennan had mentioned the Oldsmobile's color.................

Bell-car-cropped.gif

AF--

Very interesting. 

I will say, in contrast to many fellow CT'ers, I think witting Dallas Police Department participation in the JFKA was nil. 

After the event, going along to get along became the rule, in most, if not all, government agencies. 

The man in Oldsmobile car, chatting with the unformed police officer, was likely just a plain clothes man. 

But, you never know. Maybe the driver was a conspirator, who just knew the right things to say to the cop. The Oldsmobile left as soon as it became obvious that LHO had gone elsewhere. 

I admire your work, even if I disagree at times. It never hurts to re-examine the evidence.

The JFKA is not a closed case. 

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

AF--

Very interesting. 

I will say, in contrast to many fellow CT'ers, I think witting Dallas Police Department participation in the JFKA was nil. 

After the event, going along to get along became the rule, in most, if not all, government agencies. 

The man in Oldsmobile car, chatting with the unformed police officer, was likely just a plain clothes man. 

But, you never know. Maybe the driver was a conspirator, who just knew the right things to say to the cop. The Oldsmobile left as soon as it became obvious that LHO had gone elsewhere. 

I admire your work, even if I disagree at times. It never hurts to re-examine the evidence.

The JFKA is not a closed case. 

Thank you very much, Mr. Cole.

I fully agree about DPD------I don't believe they were in the loop on either false-flag op or on assassination. Though of course an individual or two (or three) could have been involved (again: in either conspiracy). (The Tippit thing has led to much speculation in this direction.)

If the man in the Oldsmobile was indeed there to take Mr. Oswald away, then he could have been anyone. If not a plain clothes man, then all he would have had to do was flash SS credentials at the officer.