The Education Forum

Cuban exile told sons he trained Oswald, JFK’s accused assassin, at a secret CIA camp

Cuban exile told sons he trained Oswald, JFK’s accused assassin, at a secret CIA camp

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article255356661.html#storylink=cpy

Almost 40 years after his death following a bar brawl in Key Biscayne, Ricardo Morales, known as “Monkey” — contract CIA worker, anti-Castro militant, counter-intelligence chief for Venezuela, FBI informant and drug dealer — returned to the spotlight Thursday morning when one of his sons made a startling claim on Spanish-language radio: Morales, a sniper instructor in the early 1960s in secret camps where Cuban exiles and others trained to invade Cuba, realized in the hours after President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas in 1963 that the accused killer, Lee Harvey Oswald, had been one of his sniper trainees.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article255356661.html#storylink=cpy

Who knows about the truth, but the Miami Herald, and reporter Nora Torrez, get credit for noting in 1979 the HSCA concluded there was likely a conspiracy to kill JFK.  The New York Times does not do as much, instead characterizing JFKA researchers as "conspiracy buffs" and the like. 

One aspect of the JFKA seems beyond dispute. There were any number of anti-Castro Cuban exiles in the US in 1963, and who knows how many, hundreds, perhaps even thousands, linked as assets to the CIA and military intelligence. 

The history is the period is well-known, with the Cubans believing they had been betrayed by JFK (possibly due to CIA propaganda), and perhaps even being told LBJ would right matters.  

The Warren Commission ignored this entire vein, and even the HSCA got sandbagged into Mafia hunts and the like. 

The Miami office of the CIA, which was also huge, seems to get mentioned time and again.  

Larry Hancock's "Tipping Point" book has serious insights in this regard.

This doesn’t pass the smell test for me.

Can you even imagine a CIA training camp for
snipers in which the snipers wear name tags??

That sounds like a Mel Brooks gag.

(I did get JFK and Jacqueline Kennedy to sign

a "Hello, My Name Is" name tag on April 3, 1960,

but I can't envision a name tag reading "Hello, My

Name Is Lee Harvey [aka Harvey Lee] Oswald" at that camp.)

And the family admits it is trying to make a TV deal
with this yarn. This seems another feeble attempt to implicate
Oswald, who didn’t own a gun and was a mediocre
shot in the Marines.

The CIA hitman father claimed to have been
involved in the bombing of the Cuban airliner, the one 
in which Poppy Bush and the CIA were
implicated. So this stinks of Bush family (et al) disinformation
about Oswald, who didn’t shoot anybody on Nov. 22, 1963, as
he told the cameras.

Edited by Joseph McBride

The "name tag" comment does seem funny, but perhaps it is referring to a caption on a photo (spoken language sometimes hops back and forth among topics).

Or maybe to the name "Oswald" in hand-drawn black ink on a helmet to indicate ownership, bunk rights, etc. 

#91 - Ricardo Morales Nararette [Navarette aka Mono or Monkey Morales]

HSCA (House Select Committee on Assassinations) "Photo Book"

https://cuban-exile.com/doc_226-250/doc0244.html

image.png.925a4a505a4482bd861bafd1e67266da.png

More information about Ricardo Morales Navarette can be found in Reel 13 of the HSCA Segregated CIA Collection (microfilm)

Reel 13, Folder D - RICARDO MORALES NAVARETTE
RIF#: 1994.05.03.10:35:26:250005   (10/6/1960)   CIA#: 80T01357A

Reel 13, Folder E - RICARDO MORALES NAVARETTE
RIF#: 1994.05.03.10:38:48:910005   (0/0/1961)   CIA#: 80T01357A

https://maryferrell.org/php/showlist.php?docset=1129

HSCA Segregated CIA Collection (microfilm)/ HSCA Segregated CIA Collection (microfilm - reel 13: Merola - Moore)/

https://maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=52233#relPageId=13

image.png.742044cd44a48b2ac5b319d233fc27af.png

Steve Thomas

Thank you Steve and David.; that's two documented instances right there of the CIA outright lying about their connection to Morales.

Which begs the question, why did CIA feel it necessary to lie about Morales all the way back in 1972, prior to the multitude of congressional investigations in the mid and late 70s? And do these provide evidence of a phony 201 file in existence along with an unseen real 201 file?

Just to clarify here if anyone should wonder.  This discussion is not about David Sanchez Morales from Arizona/JMWAVE but Ricardo Morales Naverette, a Cuban refugee.  Though David Morales was also there . . . 

Damn David, I'm easily confused, as my wife well knows.