The Education Forum

garrison.: Issue 008 - The Political Assassinations of the 1960's Issue

348 pages. This double-sized issue of garrison.: The Journal of History & Deep Politics centers on the Political Assassinations of the 1960s. In this issue, you will read a profile of UK researcher Malcolm Blunt by Bart Kamp, as well as works by Edward Curtin, Edgar Tatro, Heather Tarver Fear, Jim DiEugenio, John Simkin, Vince Palamara, Dr. Cyril Wecht, Dawna Kaufmann, Walt Brown, David Kaiser, David Josephs, Barry Ernest, Rob Couteau, Prof. David Denton, Martin Hay, Andrew Kreig, Dr. David Mantik, Rex Bradford, Bill Kelly, Karl Evanzz, Larry Hancock, Phil Nelson, Benjamin Hampton, and S.T. Patrick. From JFK, RFK, MLK, and Malcolm X, to Hammarskjold and Lumumba, the 1960s were a tragic period that forever changed the course of the United States.

https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MidnightWriterNews

Can you post the table of contents. I'm curious as to what topics these writers have chosen to write about. 

P.S. In looking through the list, I realize I've met most of them. 

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

Can you post the table of contents. I'm curious as to what topics these writers have chosen to write about. 

P.S. In looking through the list, I realize I've met most of them. 

I'll try to see what I can do. When Ive tried to post images before, it says Ive hit my limit or something. I'll try again.

Edit: I tried. Though Ive only uploaded four files in my history here, it says I'm at my limit. I tried to delete them all, and it still says I'm over the limit. I'll try to post it at the website and then I'll put a link here. 

Edited by S.T. Patrick

5 hours ago, S.T. Patrick said:

I embedded the Table of Contents into the website announcement. It's here:

https://midnightwriternews.com/

Hi S.T.  That is a impressive list of contributors.  I didn't see anything about issue 8 in the last link, the TOC or anything else.  Issue 7 is the last one I see, along with a MWN Note from 8/15 being the latest there.

10 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

I ordered the issue but can't find the table of contents via the link.

Hi, Joe. Thank you. More specifically, it should be at the bottom of this post:

https://midnightwriternews.com/garrison-issue-008-political-assassinations-of-the-1960s-is-now-available/

15 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Hi S.T.  That is a impressive list of contributors.  I didn't see anything about issue 8 in the last link, the TOC or anything else.  Issue 7 is the last one I see, along with a MWN Note from 8/15 being the latest there.

Should be in this post:

https://midnightwriternews.com/garrison-issue-008-political-assassinations-of-the-1960s-is-now-available/

58 minutes ago, S.T. Patrick said:

Thanks!  My copy is ordered.  I'm really looking forward to this issue.  Not sure where I'll start.  You know my interest in Ruby, two articles to choose from there.  Two on MLK also, he gets virtually no attention anywhere, the same regarding the Malcom X article.  Bart on Uncle Malcom.  Maybe Larry on RFK, I don't remember him going into that subject much before that I've read though I may have missed or forgotten something.

2 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

I just don't see the table of contents, just a list of contributors.

I will have to wait until the issue arrives. Looks like another good one. 

Thank you. From you, that means a lot. It should be in the post. If you scroll down, a PDF of the TOC should pop up. If it isn't I don;t know what to suggest. I just looked again and it seems like it's there when I look at it. It does take a bit of downward scrolling, though. I think you'll like the issue. As I said, your kind words mean a lot to me.

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks!  My copy is ordered.  I'm really looking forward to this issue.  Not sure where I'll start.  You know my interest in Ruby, two articles to choose from there.  Two on MLK also, he gets virtually no attention anywhere, the same regarding the Malcom X article.  Bart on Uncle Malcom.  Maybe Larry on RFK, I don't remember him going into that subject much before that I've read though I may have missed or forgotten something.

I would start at the beginning. Edward Curtin's primer is pretty great. That goes right into Ed Tatro's long article on Ruby, also great, and Heather Tarver Fear's profile of Jada, one of Ruby's dancers. I think you'll like the entirety of the articles. I do. 

19 minutes ago, David Boylan said:

It scrolled when I looked at it also. I found if I clicked and opened it in a new window the TOC loaded just fine.

It works for me as well.