The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

We all owe a lot to Len Osanic.

This show has Ben on it talking about his latest article at K and K about the mystery of Connally's clothes.  Which no one has ever explored like he does.

The other part is Church Committee witness Jim Gochenaur, who is in JFK Revisited.  And that was his first national video exposure.  Incredible in itself.  What he says about Carver Gayton and Elmer Moore on this show is really key stuff to know. Elmer knew what happened to Bolden.

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black1071.mp3

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the best journalists in America,  Abby Martin, is going to interview Oliver for the Covert Action Magazine series on the JFK case.

What a good series this has turned out to be.  Aaron Good has had or will have the following guests on: Zachary Sklar, co writer of the script for JFK, myself, who wrote the script for JFK Revisited, Peter Scott, David Talbot, and John Newman and Jamie Galbraith, the last three were in JFK Revisited.

Its really good stuff.  I will post a link when its completed.  Hey, some people are trying! In spite of Tim W.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 12/3/2021 at 12:09 PM, David G. Healy said:
On 12/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, James DiEugenio said:

David Healy replied:

Great piece! Specifically the time period 40:00+ beyond.... Direct and concise. Mr Stone sounds like a Producer-Director-Writer who know his subject matter. And calls it for what it is... Great spentaneous piece... Late night-talk show tv should be begging for this stuff...

Agreed.

And the beauty part is that online shows like this have a younger audience than TV does. So interest will be sparked in younger generations, which could could mean another 60 years of people searching for the truth.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

On 12/3/2021 at 7:06 PM, James DiEugenio said:

We all owe a lot to Len Osanic.

This show has Ben on it talking about his latest article at K and K about the mystery of Connally's clothes.  Which no one has ever explored like he does.

The other part is Church Committee witness Jim Gochenaur, who is in JFK Revisited.  And that was his first national video exposure.  Incredible in itself.  What he says about Carver Gayton and Elmer Moore on this show is really key stuff to know. Elmer know what happened to Bolden.

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black1071.mp3

I really enjoyed hearing and seeing Gochenaur both confirm and expand on what I've read he had to say about Elmer Moore.  His leaning hard on Dr. Perry on the throat wound as well as other Doctors and Nurses is a key aspect.  The Secret Service was in on the cover up from the get go, and likely a very few on the reduction of security during the assassination.  

I guess I didn't pay close enough attention watching that part of the film.  I can't remember what might have been said about Carver Gayton nor do I remember hearing of him before.  Was he SS like Moore?

Edited by Ron Bulman

On 12/3/2021 at 11:11 AM, James DiEugenio said:

Take a look at this from the 40 minute mark, Oliver with Matt T:

They do let Oliver go on.  The part afterwards between Matt and Katie is just as interesting if not more to me.  Hearing the thoughts of those younger than I on the subject is interesting.  I've read Matt in Rolling Stone but never heard of Katie.  I like them both on camera.  She seems more knowledgeable than he on the subject, and, I'm impressed she cried while watching a documentary.  A young lady.  It is a moving subject.  That she got it, and it moved her that much is testimony to the power of the film.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:11 AM, James DiEugenio said:

I have to wonder if Matt and Katie understand the origin of the term "Useful Idiot" in terms of the JFK Assassination.  I can't remember at the moment the name of the cia agent asked by his daughter or son about Oswald who said he was a "Useful Idiot".  It's somewhere in Larry Hancock's Tipping Point I believe. 

17 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I have to wonder if Matt and Katie understand the origin of the term "Useful Idiot" in terms of the JFK Assassination.  I can't remember at the moment the name of the cia agent asked by his daughter or son about Oswald who said he was a "Useful Idiot".  It's somewhere in Larry Hancock's Tipping Point I believe. 

There it is on page 163.  William Kent.

Carver Gayton was an FBi agent.

He met Hosty when Hoover transferred him to Kansas City after Kennedy's murder.

They got to be close.  Hosty told Carver that Oswald was an informant.

We did not include that in the film. We really wanted to go after Moore.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Carver Gayton was an FBi agent.

He met Hosty when Hoover transferred him to Kansas City after Kennedy's murder.

They got to be close.  Hosty told Carver that Oswald was an informant.

We did not include that in the film. We really wanted to go after Moore.

Thanks for your response.  From what I came across in Ron Ecker's post in 2006 on John Simkins thread it is very interesting that Gayton flipped between the Church Committee  in 76  and the HSCA in 77, as well a Gochenaur's confirmation of it.  I think Hosty told him the truth, but not the full truth, I E Oswald was a FBI contact in November 1963, not just potentially so.

An important point.  But the film has so much detail already.  All the details are impossible to cover in two hours, even four.

On 12/3/2021 at 12:11 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Thank goodness someone with some power is finally able to reach the masses with the message I've been saying for many years. This case is a FRAUD, it has always been a FRAUD and they brainwashed the citizenry into believing in the guilt of an innocent man. In the past, it took lawyers like Mark Lane and Jim Garrison to read the testimony and to understand what was going on in 1963 and 1964. I've made it my personal crusade to try to enlighten people of the travesty of justice of this so-called "investigation". Thank you to Oliver Stone and Jim DiEugenio for shining the light into the dark corners of this tragic moment in American history.

3 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

Thank goodness someone with some power is finally able to reach the masses with the message I've been saying for many years. This case is a FRAUD, it has always been a FRAUD and they brainwashed the citizenry into believing in the guilt of an innocent man. In the past, it took lawyers like Mark Lane and Jim Garrison to read the testimony and to understand what was going on in 1963 and 1964. I've made it my personal crusade to try to enlighten people of the travesty of justice of this so-called "investigation". Thank you to Oliver Stone and Jim DiEugenio for shining the light into the dark corners of this tragic moment in American history.

Amen, Gil!

I just saw JFK Revisited. What a great documentary!!  A terrific mix of print docs and interviews that shows exactly how the cover-up unfolded and points directly at the Agency responsible for the hit.  

Loved the clarity showing how the CIA and the FBI simultaneously took the limelight off Oswald just weeks before the assassination, and how Allen Dulles was soooo guilty.  Setting out the Big Picture of JFK’s foreign policy and tying together Cuba, Vietnam, the Congo and France was always one of Jim Di’s most remarkable skills.

Congratulations to Mr. DiEugenio for his incredible work!  And it’s pretty clear that Oliver Stone still knows how to put together a great motion picture.  Can anyone possibly believe the Warren Report after seeing this film?

28 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Loved the clarity showing how the CIA and the FBI simultaneously took the limelight off Oswald just weeks before the assassination.

Can I believe my eyes? Is Jim Hargrove actually referring to Lee Oswald in the singular, as in, the ONE and ONLY historical Lee Oswald? I’m sure Jim and his acolytes couldn’t help but notice that the preposterous “Harvey and Lee” theory is nowhere to be found in the new documentary…