The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oliver and JFK Revisited are on a roll.  First Glenn Greenwald who has millions of followers.

Then Jeff Morley in Counter Punch which gets millions of hits per month.

On this Tuesday, January 4th, Oliver will be on Joe Rogan and the film will likely be introduced to still millions more. And Joe has seen both versions of the film, the 2 hour and 4 hour cut.

Remember when Steve Roe was saying the film had failed in North America?  Some failure.

And we are not done yet.

Isn't it great to see the JFK case still alive and ticking almost 60 years later. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Remember when Steve Roe was saying the film had failed in North America?  Some failure.

And we are not done yet.

Isn't it great to see the JFK case still alive and ticking almost 60 years later. 

Thanks to you and Stone for this latest surge in interest and coverage.

JFK's burial site eternal flame is not forgotten nor it's symbolic importance waned.

Amazing, isn't it Joe?

Almost 60 year later, and the case will not go away.

I should add, the documentary made out of Tink Thompson's latest book is doing well on You Tube, over half  a million views, and is now on Hulu.

Just makes you wonder, what will happen at the sixtieth?

Definitely a bit of a buzz going on. In the liberal hotbed SF Bay Area radio I've heard Russ Baker, Jeff Morley  and Lamar Waldron as guests recently. Just this week I heard a radio broadcast from an ex CIA agent John Kiriakou who was the first official to confirm waterboarding and was later convicted for  passing on classified information to a reporter and spent 2 years in prison for it.  At one point, he attributed JFK's alleged "scatter the CIA to the winds" statement that we've never really pinned down the source to, to Mary Meyer which made me feel a little lukewarm to him.

As I said before. A month ago, for the first time on a prime time major network channel I saw Tink Thompson's 90 minute film  "JFK Unsolved".  I was hoping it was shown up and down the West Coast but it appears now , it was only in the Bay Area. It might be  because Thompson was originally a local, from Marin County.  It was following an NBA game on Saturday night, and local affiliates are at their own discretion to fill in programming before local late night news.

You know, the Washington Post's Fred Hiatt died about a month ago.  But apparently his imprint on their editorial page lives on. Because notorious nutty neocon Max Boot was allowed to write a truly stupid column in which he attacked both the 1991 feature JFK and the 2020 documentary JFK Revisited.  

My belated reply to Max, where he gets booted. I mean anyone who can write that JFK was trying to topple Lumumba or that Posner discredited the ARRB is an MSM clown.  

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/max-boot-vs-jfk-revisited-202201021703

18 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Amazing, isn't it Joe?

Almost 60 year later, and the case will not go away.

I should add, the documentary made out of Tink Thompson's latest book is doing well on You Tube, over half  a million views, and is now on Hulu.

Just makes you wonder, what will happen at the sixtieth?

I caught Thompson's doc, very different from Stone's but pretty good. Glad to see new docs still coming out. I read your take on Boot's column. Not sure how he can lie about Lummumba and not be discredited. It used to be, if you were called out for lies, you were disgraced.

When I read that about Max Boot and Lumumba I was reminded of David Halberstam on JFK and Vietnam.

Its one thing to make a mistake, which we all do.

But when you write something the opposite of what really happened, then to me that indicates you did not make a mistake. It indicates you had an agenda and you were extending your agenda at the expense of what the factual record was.

It was Eisenhower and Dulles who were trying to do everything they could to, not just topple Lumumba, but to liquidate him.  They sent Gottlieb down there, and they sent both WI ROGUE and QJWIN, who did not know the other was there. Dulles sanctioned a budget of 100K, which would be a million dollars today to assassinate the guy.

They finally get rid of him, and they then incinerate his body in sulphuric acid.  All of this BEFORE KENNEDY IS INAUGURATED!  And he is killed something like 72 hours before that happens?  That was not a coincidence.  Just like it was not happenstance that they then did not tell him about it.

And all you have to do is look at that famous picture of JFK getting the news of Lumumba's death, taken by Jacques Lowe, to understand what that was about.

Unknown.jpeg

BTW, I was glad we got Richard Mahoney to talk about this in the film.

His book, JFK: Ordeal in Africa was a real eye opener for me.  It convinced me that the MSM and people like Halberstam  and Sheehan were covering up who JFK really was.

Mahoney's father served as an ambassador to Nkrumah.  And he knew Edmund Gullion. Who, as I have said, was really the guy who caused JFK to try and find a new foreign policy for the Democratic party. Mahoney told us on the set something that was not in his book.  And I am pretty sure it was before the stories in The Guardian broke. He told us that Gullion said that whatever they say about Hammarskjold's plane crash being an accident, it was not.  This was an assassination.  I wrote Oliver a memo about his after reading his interview transcript, specifying that, hey, Mahoney did not say this in his book! 

I talked to him after he saw the film, and he loved the picture.  Gratifying, since it owes so much to his book.

On 1/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, James DiEugenio said:

You know, the Washington Post's Fred Hiatt died about a month ago.  But apparently his imprint on their editorial page lives on. Because notorious nutty neocon Max Boot was allowed to write a truly stupid column in which he attacked both the 1991 feature JFK and the 2020 documentary JFK Revisited.  

My belated reply to Max, where he gets booted. I mean anyone who can write that JFK was trying to topple Lumumba or that Posner discredited the ARRB is an MSM clown.  

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/max-boot-vs-jfk-revisited-202201021703

James D.--

I don't know where you get the strength to read this coprolite from Max Boot, and then comment on it.

And you are right: The WaPo will to this day give a platform for clueless hit piece from Max Boot (obvious CIA mouthpiece) but will not explicitly call for total and unconditional release of the JFK files, and an honest re-examination of the case---which any newspaper should.

Since when are newspapers against transparency? And for censorship?

If the JFKA is so clear, then a fair re-examination, well-funded but led by non-government types, should be harmless and would indeed strengthen the public's sentiments toward government. 

The WaPo is beneath contempt. 

I agree and I really do not understand it myself.

But hey, is something happening at Counterpunch? Look at this:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2022/01/04/max-boots-rant-against-oliver-stone/?fbclid=IwAR016lEKBVB1Bg2EkS5RO-kab_smSuNYiKRcPX0Acls6BULbywpPxytaeSU

They slam Max.

This tells me that the MSM is losing control over the JFK debate.

55 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I agree and I really do not understand it myself.

But hey, is something happening at Counterpunch? Look at this:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2022/01/04/max-boots-rant-against-oliver-stone/?fbclid=IwAR016lEKBVB1Bg2EkS5RO-kab_smSuNYiKRcPX0Acls6BULbywpPxytaeSU

They slam Max.

This tells me that the MSM is losing control over the JFK debate.

What I want to know is how a shameless lying moron like Max Boot acquired such a prominent mainstream media platform in the U.S.

I know that he has been involved with the Council on Foreign Relations and with the PNAC Neocons who promoted the War on Terror after 9/11.

Who gave him a column in the Washington Post?

It was probably Fred Hiatt, he was their editorial page director until he passed on about a month ago.

By all accounts he was a neocon, like Max.

After Iraq and Libya and Syria, one would think the whole neocon philosophy would be down the toilet.

But Max lives on and writes one of the stupidest columns ever about JFK. And he then gets slammed in Counterpunch.  I hope everyone understands why that is important. Two reasons, CP has a real reach, and second this was the home of Alex Cockburn.  No joke.

46 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

What I want to know is how a shameless lying moron like Max Boot acquired such a prominent mainstream media platform in the U.S.

I know that he has been involved with the Council on Foreign Relations and with the PNAC Neocons who promoted the War on Terror after 9/11.

Who gave him a column in the Washington Post?

The WaPo did. 

What used to be the "liberal' media---Rolling Stone, WaPo, NYT, Daily Beast, Newsweek, MSNBC, CNN et al ---has become totally infested with former national-security-state commentators, or CIA-lap dogs. 

I can hardly believe it myself. It seems less like something you would read in pulp novel but rather in a cartoon-book, it is so obvious.

That's how you get the WaPo fronting for Max Boot-CIA. 

I would not mind the WaPo giving op-ed space to the full range the political spectrum (barring hate groups). They are a national newspaper, and that is fine.

But when Max Bootisms become their prominent take on the JFKA and the globalist security state....you are reading poison. 

The teaser for the Joe Rogan/Oliver Stone interview is up at You Tube.