The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Parnell saying above what I think he is saying?

He has been trashing the film for months-WITHOUT SEEING IT!

Does not that break every ethical rule of criticism out there?  One more reason I have him on ignore, and everyone else should also.

🤮

You know what I wish?

I wish just one reviewer would review JFK Revisited and note the documentary's many and extraordinary strengths, and then yes, ask fair and challenging questions. Fine. 

But having fairly reviewed the documentary, I wish then the reviewer would say---

"Whatever few shortcomings JFKA:Revisited has, they are due to the federal government's relentless dissembling and cover-up about the JFKA for near six decades. We only know as much as we do about the JFKA thanks to intrepid and tenacious study, largely unpaid, by a dedicated community of researchers, in this case illustrated by the film work of Oliver Stone. If there are any shortcomings in JFK-Revisited, lay them at the feet of the CIA, the FBI, the Warren Commission and the HSCA--and a complacent mainstream media." 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is Parnell saying above what I think he is saying?

He has been trashing the film for months-WITHOUT SEEING IT!

Does not that break every ethical rule of criticism out there?  One more reason I have him on ignore, and everyone else should also.

🤮

I watched what I could. But I know what is in it. I have friends who have a stronger stomach than I do. 😀

Thanks Benjamin.  That would be nice.  The MSM guys never even mention this factor of the creation of the ARRB, and the fact that the film is based largely on that body.  Which the MSM ignored.

Meanwhile, when they start doing retrospectives on your career, you know your recent film made Bingo.

Took another look at the show the last couple days and really like it. I have to say that even though I'm fairly knowledgeable about the subject I still get left behind at times. Unfortunately, films aren't very good at exploring complex subjects but are very good at immersing a passive subject. I suspect the book will shore up a lot of that and expand on it as well.

Methinks a series like Wormwood could well cover what this does and provide a little breathing room for the uninitiated. I can't wait for the four-hour version. Hurry up hahaha!

Edited by Bob Ness

I think the release date is March 7th for the four hour version.

That will be followed by the Book of the Film.

And then the combined DVD package, with both versions.  With a commentary by Oliver and myself.

Thanks Bob.

BTW, my niece told me she watched it three times until she finally understood everything.

11 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Thanks Bob.

BTW, my niece told me she watched it three times until she finally understood everything.

You bet Jim. Haven't had a chance to speak to Brian yet with work being done on my house and CV etc. Plus I'm away from the Island mostly. Be interesting to hear his take.

I can give my address... I know you have copy😀

I suppose she's like six or something huh? Hahaha!

Edited by Bob Ness

5 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Regarding Jim D's claim that Kleins could not have received Oswald's order in one day:

Debunking Another JFK Myth - Overnight Mail from Dallas to Chicago (steveroeconsulting.wixsite.com)

duh... You still posting from that Wendy's way up that in the woods.... re your link above, here is a direct quote from a responder to Dear Mr. Roe.

quote on

You are right on this, but to clarify the argument, which I’m not sure I agree with either, the issue is not with the mail the issue is that the money order was allegedly deposited in First National Bank by Klein’s the very next day. Klein’s had a street address, not a P.O. Box, so the letter would have needed to be sorted, sent out for delivery, received, processed, brought to the bank and deposited all before around 5 p.m. on March 13th. Again this is not a hill I would die on and I think a rifle was indeed ordered, but this is the argument DiEugenio is making.

quote off

Thanks Danny and Dave.

Talk about silly.

But that is Fred Litwin. The film really sent him over the edge. I wonder why?

The argument is not that the coupon  could have been sent in one day by air mail.

It could have arrived in Chicago in one day.

But that would have only been the beginning.  As you can see, there was no zip code back then.

So it would have to have been sorted, then assigned to the proper route, and then delivered to Klein's.

Klein's had its own sorting system. In state and out of state, money orders, cash, and checks.

Then it would have had to have been deposited at the bank.

Just ask yourself why Fred leaves all of that out. And why Parnell missed it.

BTW,  all mail of that nature today is air mail, and today we have zip codes, and we have high speed sorters, and we have computers and sensors. But yet, when we did it, it took six days; subtracting for Sunday, it would be five.  And recall, this is only the beginning of the problems with the entire rifle transaction, from beginning to end.

PS Its pretty obvious to everyone  that Fred has become the new John McAdams.

Edited by James DiEugenio

BTW, I have to say this.

JFK Revisited  is reaching some rather high level people.

David Mamet, the famous Pulitzer Prize winning playwright and Oscar nominated screenwriter, got in contact with Oliver and told him how good he thought the picture was.

Yesterday morning, Mike Lombardi, the former General Manger of the Browns and a guy who worked with Bill B,  called me and we chatted for forty minutes.  He wants me on his podcast for the four hour version debut.

Edited by James DiEugenio

On 2/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, James DiEugenio said:

BTW, I have to say this.

JFK Revisited  is reaching some rather high level people.

David Mamet, the famous Pulitzer Prize winning playwright and Oscar nominated screenwriter, got in contact with Oliver and told him how good he thought the picture was.

Yesterday morning, Mike Lombardi, the former General Manger of the Browns and a guy who worked with Bill B,  called me and we chatted for forty minutes.  He wants me on his podcast for the four hour version debut.

Hey, Jim, do you know what happened to Mamet's JFK assassination-related movie? It was supposedly all set to go and starring Cate Blanchett but then it never came out. Did the funding get pulled? Or was it announced before he even had any funding?