The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

Jim,

You have to follow the money (if you WANT to be involved in the business aspect!)

Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing and reading your opus😊

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much Ken.

I just finished it today and submitted it to the editors.

Please look at this interview by the great reporter Abby Martin with Oliver about the JFK case.. 

Its one of his best I think.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=rm&ogbl#inbox/FMfcgzGmvBqmtnJnDssThlBkdfQZbZlV?projector=1

Edited by James DiEugenio

Take a look at this interview by the great Abby Martin of Oliver about JFK Revisited.

Its one of his best I think.

He is on a roll in this one.  She can barley get a word in until the last 15 minutes or so.  Which means he crams a lot of info into 53 minutes.  One line that stands out for me is "We couldn't make the connection back then.  We couldn't connect the dots.  JFK-MLK-RFK.  Now we can."

And please notice how Oliver hits a lot of the big evidentiary points like no chain of custody on CE 399 and Stringer saying, hey I did not use that kind of film. His  case is much more advanced now than in 1992. Thanks to the ARRB.

She apparently was really impressed by Paul Bleau and the fact that there were two prior attempts on JFK in November. Oliver hit that one out of the park I thought.

This thing is up to almost 45,000 views in 72 hours. Its professionally done also.

Its up to 56,000 views now.

We put it on the front page at Kennedys andking.com

I think its one of his best.

3 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

I must have missed the part of the story where Oliver Stone admits JFK Revisited is a flop. Maybe Tracy could enlighten us.

Stone said:

"I can't believe we haven't gotten one review from a major media, publication, of this film. One review. Editorials, but no reviews. Not one movie critic. Not one television critic."

Of course, this can be interpreted in different ways. But it is an admission that the major outlets and reviewers have ignored him. 

2 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Stone said:

"I can't believe we haven't gotten one review from a major media, publication, of this film. One review. Editorials, but no reviews. Not one movie critic. Not one television critic."

Of course, this can be interpreted in different ways. But it is an admission that the major outlets and reviewers have ignored him. 

Yes, it's a big flop. Stone admits it, DiEugenio won't of course. All DiEugenio gives us is "how many views". Naturally someone clicks it on for a few seconds and leaves, that's counted as a view. 

All we need now is for DiEugenio to gives us the view count in Sri Lanka.

Like the film, it's just another phony carnival barker show. 

31 minutes ago, Steve Roe said:

Yes, it's a big flop. Stone admits it, DiEugenio won't of course. All DiEugenio gives us is "how many views". Naturally someone clicks it on for a few seconds and leaves, that's counted as a view. 

All we need now is for DiEugenio to gives us the view count in Sri Lanka.

Like the film, it's just another phony carnival barker show. 

What the hell! You can believe the film is a failure in that it fails to present accurate information. And you can believe the film is a failure in that it has failed to bring in massive dollars. But saying a film is a failure because the mainstream media isn't reviewing it is just bizarre, and indicative that the film has not been a failure in at least one of its objectives: stirring things up. 

The fact that Litwin and others such as yourself seem obsessed with pointing out every exaggeration or misleading statement in the film--when you would never have done as much to a minor film from a minor film-maker--is proof it isn't a flop. The film Parkland--now, that was a flop. Such a flop that few people inclined to tear it to pieces--such as myself--spent more than a few hours doing so. It came out--no one cared--and it was gone. But this film is clearly a different story.  

I mean, Case Closed and Reclaiming History were flops, financially speaking, but one can't rightly call them flops in that they made an impact in certain circles and pissed a lot of people off. 

Say what you will about the film, but it isn't. a flop. 

By the way, as I said earlier, the film is being noticed more and more by people in high places.

The latest is Roger Waters of Pink Floyd, who saw this interview.

He tweeted something like, "A matter of Life and Death, you must watch this interview with Oliver Stone."

What makes this amazing is its 8 months after the film debuted at Cannes.  And its still going strong.

I give the credit  to Oliver for doing all of these alt media interviews that have turned out to be so successful in reaching the general public. The strategy was to go around the MSM and it worked. 

PS This one is up to over 61,000 views. In about five days.