The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

I had no idea about this.  In fact I just found it out today:

They are going to release the book to JFK Revisited in hardcover.

No one told me this. 

It will have both annotated scripts, plus excerpts from the interviews  that are not in the film. About 500 pages.  including intro, foreword, afterword and bibliographic essay.

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

I'm not seeing that Destiny Betrayed is available on Amazon yet.

Denny:

of the seven platforms it is being sold on, Amazon is the only one that did not bring it out today.

My info is it will be on their platform tomorrow.

PS the book will be out in Kindle also.

17 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

I'm not seeing that Destiny Betrayed is available on Amazon yet.

A youtube tv search said no match.  Roku brought up a four part series released in 2021, but not yet available?

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I had no idea about this.  In fact I just found it out today:

They are going to release the book to JFK Revisited in hardcover.

No one told me this. 

It will have both annotated scripts, plus excerpts from the interviews  that are not in the film. About 500 pages.  including intro, foreword, afterword and bibliographic essay.

Amazon U.K. shows 'JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass' 

Hardcover £19.36 to be released 21st July 2022

Kindle £14.63         "    "        "        17th May 2022

8 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Denny:

of the seven platforms it is being sold on, Amazon is the only one that did not bring it out today.

My info is it will be on their platform tomorrow.

PS the book will be out in Kindle also.

Thanks, James. I just purchased the film on Amazon, and am really looking forward to watching it.

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

And again:

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/oliver-stone-interview

He did about four in one day.

The Abby Martin interview is now being platformed on about four other venues.

We will be on Coast to Coast tomorrow night, i think its going to be on Zoom.

One quote from this interview:

"But at 75, Stone can be someone who tilts at windmills — and susceptible to making provocative statements that are hard to defend. Listening to him talk, I found myself not wanting to push back against his questionable assertions, of which there were many."

12 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

One quote from this interview:

"But at 75, Stone can be someone who tilts at windmills — and susceptible to making provocative statements that are hard to defend. Listening to him talk, I found myself not wanting to push back against his questionable assertions, of which there were many."

I get it.  If you can't refute Oliver Stone's documentation of the JFK assassination conspiracy, simply change the subject.

Try to convince poorly informed people that he's Quixotic or homophobic, eh?

Does this kill-the-messenger crap never end? 🤥

44 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

I get it.  If you can't refute Oliver Stone's documentation of the JFK assassination conspiracy, simply change the subject.

Try to convince poorly informed people that he's Quixotic or homophobic, eh?

Does this kill-the-messenger crap never end? 🤥

The skepticism of the interviewer regarding Stone's "questionable assertions" demonstrates what is still the main problem for Stone and DiEugenio in my opinion. His film JFK at least was judged as homophobic back in the day, and they wisely avoided most references to Garrison and his homophobic investigation in their current work.

What Ever Happened to Jim Garrison? (onthetrailofdelusion.com)

Plenty of refutations of the current film here:

Oliver Stone's JFK Revisited ~ W. Tracy Parnell (wtracyparnell.blogspot.com)

Isn't that funny William?

Did the guy even watch the film?

Attacking the Warren Report is tilting at windmills?  So does this mean Mark Lane was Don Quixote?  I never pictured him as that at all.  He just read the 26 volumes and found they did not align with the report.

And BTW, in the long version of the film, it might be in the short version also. Barry Ernest says the same thing.

Here's the Amazon link:

I found it on Amazon just now. Sad that I gotta buy it even though I have Amazon Prime. It's only $6.99 for SD or $9.99 for HD but it's the principal of it, lol! I'll give it a watch later today on there. Gonna go back and see if I can find where Jim D listed the platforms and see if I have any of those others before I buy it on Amazon.

I've watched the first three chapters of "JFK: Destiny Betrayed" so far and hope to watch the final chapter later this evening. It's very well done. Remarkably thorough and compelling. I think I enjoy it more than the two hour version. There's more time to breathe. The geopolitics sometimes threatens to become information overload, but is presented in as comprehensible a way as these complex historical situations can be.

Cyril Wecht is one of my all time favorite JFK experts. I really don't ever get tired of hearing him talk.

Chapter 3, at :56:41 there's an illustration of the Bethesda autopsy room that I don't remember ever seeing before. That was fascinating to view.

More thoughts later after I've finished it. Great work @James DiEugenio and Oliver Stone.

Edited by Denny Zartman

Thanks Denny.

We will be on Coast to Coast tonight and I think its going to be on Zoom.