The Education Forum

Gus Russo Releases Mexican Files

...but Mr Russo can't be bothered to translate Spanish into English from this revelatory 'Secret Assassination File'.

no entiendo!

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

...but Mr Russo can't be bothered to translate Spanish into English from this revelatory 'Secret Assassination File'.

no entiendo!

Are you seriously complaining that Gus hasn't personally translated these 110 pages after the nearly two decades of work he's already done to make the files available in the first place?

By GUS RUSSO

"Long ago, I came to the conclusion that the most important unanswered questions in the JFK case revolve around Lee Harvey Oswald’s September 1963 excursion to Mexico City, seven weeks before he killed the President.

The most important of those questions concern the possible foreknowledge of Cuban intelligence operatives regarding Oswald’s murderous plans."---Guy Russo

Others, such as Larry Hancock, are wondering if the whole Mexico City trip is essentially unimportant to understanding the JFKA.

That is to say, a group associated with Miami-JMWave-Cuban exiles is very suspect in the JFKA, and they would done the deed no matter what LHO did in Mexico City. 

Other serious researchers such, as John Newman, have posited the purpose of the Mexico City trip was to create the "WWIII" virus, that is an effort by higher-ups in the CIA or other military intel agency to throw suspicion on the Soviets, by having LHO go to the Soviet embassy, where either by luck or design he met with Kostikov, probably a KGB agent. 

Then, a true investigation into the JFKA could be circumscribed, as it was, by LBJ with talk of 40 million dead Americans. 

The evidence of LHO working with Soviet or Cuban intel is....well, I have never seen any. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 11:44 PM, Jonathan Cohen said:

Are you seriously complaining that Gus hasn't personally translated these 110 pages after the nearly two decades of work he's already done to make the files available in the first place?

J.C. I aint no researcher, just an avid JFKA book collector and reader.  I agree with many who state that Oswald's MC story is a swamp!  However, Conspiracy theorist or lone nut advocate I will always try to read all posts & opinions on this Forum.

Since W.T.P.'s post of Russo's 'Secret Mexican File' I thought this would provide strong opinions from both sides, CT's & LN's.  Sadly this thread had died a death & sank without trace.

As written at the end of Mr Myers' piece referring to these files pages......"If someone manages to get them translated, I trust they will share them with all of us. Merry Christmas! "

Well, here's the pdf file of Gus Russ's files anyway:

https://www.jfkfiles.com/jfk/download/Mexico-City-Archives-Oswald-File.pdf

It's 119 pages and 33MB. I tried downloading it and inserting it into Google translate, but Google Translate will only handle up to 10MB at a time, so you'd have to break it up and save it as  several pdf's. There's also the option of converting it to a Word document, but I don't have an Adobe account.

The file seems to be accounts of the interrogation of Sylvia Duran and the hunt for the "red-headed Negro" who was supposed to have paid Oswald $6,500 to kill Kennedy.

This is from pages 19 and 20 of the file:

The talk of "Canadians" and "mobsters" makes me think of Montreal.

image.png.940d79c203ba273e3721b7816e46dcb3.png

The date of September 25, 1963 jumped out at me.

If Oswald didn't enter Mexico until September 26th, how could he have been meeting this "re-headed Negro" on September 25th?

image.png.a9ac192a140e4f6ed4f6ffc70256f0d0.png

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

It's 119 pages and 33MB. I tried downloading it and inserting it into Google translate, but Google Translate will only handle up to 10MB at a time, so you'd have to break it up and save it as  several pdf's. There's also the option of converting it to a Word document, but I don't have an Adobe account.

The file seems to be accounts of the interrogation of Sylvia Duran and the hunt for the "red-headed Negro" who was supposed to have paid Oswald $6,500 to kill Kennedy.

If Oswald didn't enter Mexico until September 26th, how could he have been meeting this "re-headed Negro" on September 25th?

Steve Thomas

Nice one Steve.  I'm a dedicated technophobe & sure to screw up the handling of such a large file.  Actually part of my family, through my sister, are Spanish & the above text I can read with my limited and rusty lengua Espanola.

Yes, red headed negro meet when LHO is travelling on a bus!  & where would the $6500 go to have LHO working at TSBD for peanuts?

On 12/31/2021 at 12:22 PM, Steve Thomas said:

Steve Thomas

On 12/31/2021 at 12:22 PM, Steve Thomas said:

The document covering pages 35, 36 and 37 of this pdf file refer to Oswald as Harvey Lee Oswald.

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

The document covering pages 35, 36 and 37 of this pdf file refer to Oswald as Harvey Lee Oswald.

Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

P39:-It was verified that LHO in his stay in this Capital, was staying at the Hotel Comercio located in the street of Sahagun No19 of this city owned by Mr. ? (redacted) in the fourth No18 It was recorded in the corresponding book from September 27, 1963 with the name of LHO from Texas of occupation photographer and American nationality. He was in that hotel until the ? day of October.

It was also verified that in the Border Transports in the bus No. 340 of October 2 cited to Laredo left the aforementioned Oswald occupying seat No. 4 registered with the name of Oswald exclusively.

Trawling through these turgid and poor print quality pages, just over half way through & not very enlightening.  A history of American presidential assassinations along with a recap of Adlai Stevenson's assault in Dallas.  Nothing revealing so far.  Move along.

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Trawling through these turgid and poor print quality pages, just over half way through & not very enlightening.  A history of American presidential assassinations along with a recap of Adlai Stevenson's assault in Dallas.  Nothing revealing so far.  Move along.

Pete,

in general terms, on pages 29-30, what does it say about Diseñador Industrial and plastics?

Steve Thomas

6 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Pete,

in general terms, on pages 29-30, what does it say about Diseñador Industrial and plastics?

Steve Thomas

P29:-1) Lee Harvey Oswald if you were in Mexico entering through Nuevo Laredo, Tamps on September 26 as a tourist from New Orleans leaving through that same place on October 3 next.

2) It was confirmed that he had come to Mexico to apply for a visa to the Cuban embassy in transit to Moscow.

3) That for this reason I made contact with a Mexican woman with whom she met on two occasions since she is an employee of the consulate in charge of making the necessary procedures for this kind of visas and formulating the cards with data of the applicant indispensable requirement to obtain the Cuban visa.

4) Through her he had contact with the Russian consulate for the same purpose.

Upon learning that this had been one of the contacts that Lee Harvey Oswald had in Mexico, the aforementioned mother and her husband were arrested in order to be interrogated, who expressed in their statement the following:

Mexican by birth son of Chilean father and Mexican mother. He said that his activity is that of Industrial Designer, having a chair on this subject at the National School of Plastic Arts dependent on the U.N.A.M. receiving for this a salary of $ 1400 per month. of 40 years of age married without religion with domicile in Constituyentes 143. of this city that the first eight years of his life lived in Los Angeles California and later came south to this capital with parents and later went to live in Santiago de Chile where they remained for a year and a half returning to Mexico. The declarant with his brother coming after his sister with his mother who entered the national school of agriculture of Chapingo where he served 5 years of the career of agronomist engineer and as he had practiced drawing in the acadamia of san carlos opted to continue studying this art that served as a basis to specialize as an industrial designer who now practices being a teacher of such a signature in the school of plastic arts of the U.N.A.M.

Intoxicating stuff!

Edited by Pete Mellor
Add info

On 1/2/2022 at 10:57 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Steve Thomas

Steve,

So Mexican intel seem to have HLO in ref to LHO.  Pages seem to relate to interrogation of Durans.

P34-P35:-

Regarding his presence in the streets of Herodotus - Dept.7 indicated that this shows that he lives in that place, together with his wife. About the presence of (redacted) and of (redacted) in his home he stated that his wife has friendship with these people, and today they were in sight in that place.

He has been friends with Gral Jose de Jesus Clark Flores, to whom he has done decoration work in Tijuana B.C. and who I accompany on his trip to Russia last year staying seven days in that country. Their monthly income fluctuates between $5000 and $6000.

Manifestly not knowing Harvey Lee Oswald, presented killer of the President of the United States.  I express being originally from the Republic of Honduras and being in Mexico for ten years having to date the quality of family emigrant. I am soon to be 33 years old and to have studied a Secretarial course in Kentucky E.U.A. That he does not belong to any political party or have left-wing ideas. Regarding her presence in the Streets of Herodotus, she stated that this was due to the fact that she lives in that place in union with her husband. Finally, he said he was completely unaware of Harvey Lee Oswald, the alleged murderer of the President of the United States.