The Education Forum

Oswald in Florida and other gems from the Malcolm Blount archives

No photo description available.

PRS (desk office threat monitor agent) Glen Bennett joins the White House Detail in time to ride in the follow-up car on the NY, FL and TX trips...he later became the SAIC of the Intelligence Division in charge of the JFK files!

-----------------------------

SAIC of the Intelligence Division in charge of the JFK files Glen Bennett---the agent who rode in the follow-up car on 11/22/63---involved in the official case file transfer a few months AFTER the HSCA final report.

---------------------------

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'window Asahද from warehouse eyewitnesses didn't vindow T RAISES chief S”cret cussed points about ing President Kennedy. KENNEDY'S GUARD BRINGS QUESTIONS CLIPPING FROM THE Vime ary JATE 12/2/63 PAGE Ex-Chief of Secret Service Raises Queries Slaying WASHINGTON. Dec, Baughman, for- today lives FORWARDED BY NY DIVISION him about NOT FORWARDED BY NY DIVISION mo Ken- why School Book, Presidential route INDEXED.... ..FILED... DEC 1363 FBI-NEW YORK'

Former Chief U.E. Baughman had some questions.

---------------------------------

May be an image of text that says 'FBI ransmit the following Date: Via 11/21/63 AIRTEL (Type in plain AIRMAIL code) (Priority Method Mailing) TO: DIRECTOR, FBI (63-4296-12) FROM:Y SAC, DALLAS (94-188) SUBJECT: CRIMDEL Re Dallas airtel to Bureau, 11/13/63. PRESIDENTIAL VISIT TO DALLAS, TEXAS, NOVEMBER 22, Item FORREST SORRELS Secret Service, Ambassador advised 11/20/63 that due some dissentient groups ADLAI STEVENSON others -bubble Lincoln Air Force automobile being Lown would use same Transport plane and that using automobile He stated that during the President's ither Worth this week In those Texas cities. REG- BO: 1250i1 Bureau ?nብમርር'

Pre-11/22/63

----------------------

OSWALD IN FLORIDA^^^^

---------------------------------

James Powell, Army Intelligence: joined a group of Sheriff's Deputies toward the rear of the TSBD "on the basis of information that the assassin had shot from the railroad yards."

-------------------------

A.J. Hidell

----------

http://dealeyplazauk.com/research/collections/

Gus Russo actually had a picture of Oswald in Florida which he showed me at his house.

• 1 month later...

I have to say, I have little patience with individuals who claim or hint to have important evidence regarding the murder of a fellow human being (JFK), and what was in the estimation of many the non-democratic transfer of power---a regime-change operation---but they are keeping the information under wraps. 

This was Richard Case Nagell for decades, and some other characters here and there. But we never see the real deal. 

Supposedly there are films of LHO in exile-training camps somewhere. Show us the films. Put them up on Youtube. 

This goes for government agencies that keep information dark for 50-60 years to "protect sources and methods." 

Show us what you got. 

I don't get these questions.

In my work, I use many references.  The training camp stuff is to Bob Tanenbaum and Colonel Bishop.  Tanenbaum explained to me how he verified this with witnesses and how that film was pilfered, along with other stuff.  Even after he hid it away.  Bob has a book coming out in a few months on his days with the HSCA, he will likely refer to it there.

As per Nagell, everyone knows what happened to Nagell.  The guy was railroaded and imprisoned. I would be hesitant to talk after that also. Dick Russell did a nice job bolstering his story with a multitude of sources, which I took the time to separate out and list.  Only the likes of Carmine Savastano and Litwin would doubt it.  (And why Larry ever did that debate with Carmine on Ochelli  eludes me.)

Russo had the picture laying on his kitchen table one night.  IIRC, it was while he was working on the PBS special.  He and Scott Malone were going everywhere and talking to everyone at the time.  This is when the photo of Oswald and Ferrie was discovered. So it was likely a credible source.  As to why it was not shown on the program, I think its pretty easy to figure.  But it now turns out that Malcolm found one also. 

Mr DiEugenio , I don't wish to join a bandwagon focussing on any assumed failings of yours to reveal evidence. I certainly have no reason to believe that.

What I do know is that I, and other people who post on the Ed forum have tried to obtain a recording of David Phillips in a debate with Mark Lane. Lane, in his book 'Plausible Denial' quotes from this tape to the effect that Phillips admitted Oswald was not in Mexico. I think that is significant evidence and Lane states he had a copy of this tape. Do you know how to get it uploaded to a public domain?

In response to Jim's remark, I will be posting a more recent, extended discussion of Richard Case Nagell on my blog in the near future.  The point I make in all my discussions about Nagell is that segments of his story about his time in Mexico City have been totally documented, and his description of his first contact in Tokyo with Oswald has been corroborated to some extent by showing that Hecksher was there as COS at the time (and also in Mexico City, likely being the BOB in Nagell's story) there are limits to what Nagell could have known about the attack in Dallas.

What he could have known about Oswald as of August, and what is corroborated by Oswald's own letters to SWP and CPUSA, was that Oswald was being maneuvered into some action on the East Coast, in the DC area. He was also being maneuvered into appearing increasingly radicalized - per his request for advice to CPUSA (a group which he had skewered as being a tool of Soviet imperialism in his own manuscript little more than six to eight months earlier).  And Nagell could also have warned them that the Cubans who were in contact with him were not Castro sympathizers but anti-Castro activists from Miami, where Nagell had just been.

However following his arrest and with Nagell in jail,  while he would have had information on his warning against an action against JFK on the East Coast and information about who was manipulating Oswald, there was literally no way for him to have gotten details on the attack in Dallas and the specifics of the Dallas conspiracy.  Certainly there was more than enough reason to try to silence Nagell in terms of what he did know about Oswald and about his being used by anti-Castro Cubans.  No doubt about that; what is could have known about any plan for Dallas, which only jelled in October, is questionable.

All of which is why Nagell appears in SWHT but not in Tipping Point, given that the latter is totally focused on the Dallas attack.

As I always say, my greatest reservations about the JFKA are about the government and its cover-up, not earnest researchers who are struggling to get the truth, despite information black-outs and even booby-traps (the Garrison investigation).  

That said, huge amounts of what Nagell said either cannot be verified, or are dubious.

Nagell claimed to have met LHO in Mexico City, but the date does not seem possible. Nagell being a Russian double agent...well....

However my real reservation about Nagell is that if he was telling the truth---I am even more antagonized.

Nagell says he mailed FBI-Hoover a letter warning about the the pending JFKA. Egads, man, why not make some dupes and mail to safe locations, or a Congressional staffer.  That would be evidence the letter was actually mailed. 

Nagell says valuable info was taken from the trunk of his car in El Paso by the FBI, after his shooting of a gun inside a bank. The info disappeared. That may be true, but it cannot be verified. 

Then Nagell said he had the real deal on the JFKA stored in a purple trunk in Tucson, including tape recordings of LHO and Aracha. After Nagell's death, the trunk went missing or was not there, when searched for Nagell's son. Again, no dupes of what was in the purple trunk were made to be stored in a secure location. So, did the purple trunk ever exist? 

It is fishy that Nagell should die just before he would have gotten a letter from the ARRB.  

I understand people can be intimidated.  Surely many were after the JFKA. On the other hand keeping documents secret to protect oneself seems backwards.  Then there is an incentive to suppress the info by eliminating the one person who knows about the info. 

A release of the info...means the info is out. Killing Nagell would have not accomplished much once the info is out. 

Again, I am in no way criticizing the JFKA research community.

But there is plenty of hard, hard evidence we have to show the JFKA could not have been accomplished by a lone gunman. Plenty of hard evidence of FBI mistreatment or fabrication of evidence. Lots of solid, solid reasons to suspect CIA-JMWAVE-exiles in the JFKA. 

Nagell? Who knows? In the final actual plot, he appears to have been a non-integer.  We do not need squishy sources. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I understand people can be intimidated.  Surely many were after the JFKA. On the other hand keeping documents secret to protect oneself seems backwards.  Then there is an incentive to suppress the info by eliminating the one person who knows about the info. 

A release of the info...means the info is out. Killing Nagell would have not accomplished much once the info is out. 

Remember that Nagell's post-incarceration motives were to reestablish his government pension and to obtain access to his children from his divorced wife.  Both were achieved in spite of heavy odds - due to his evidence gambit, he claimed.  Prior to that he was offered a kind of redemption in a mission to East Germany, only to be arrested there and exchanged in a spy swap - Nagell felt that he had been set up and burned, putting him in danger.  He managed to keep any aggressors at bay with his tales - accurate or not - of possessing a cache of secrets, including an alleged tape of Oswald talking to Cubans about a Washington, DC, plot.  What may have happened by the time of ARRB is that management at CIA and any other concerned agency had changed over time, and the present officials were no longer interested in playing Mexican standoff and opted for the kill and the seizure of his materials.

Did he have a purple trunk?  That was the sort of item women owned in the kicky 1960s.  One may have been left behind by his Japanese wife, and Nagell may have stuffed it sardonically with his goods.

Edited by David Andrews

59 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Remember that Nagell's post-incarceration motives were to reestablish his government pension and to obtain access to his children from his divorced wife.  Both were achieved in spite of heavy odds - due to his evidence gambit, he claimed.  Prior to that he was offered a kind of redemption in a mission to East Germany, only to be arrested there and exchanged in a spy swap - Nagell felt that he had been set up and burned, putting him in danger.  He managed to keep any aggressors at bay with his tales - accurate or not - of possessing a cache of secrets, including an alleged tape of Oswald talking to Cubans about a Washington, DC, plot.  What may have happened by the time of ARRB is that management at CIA and any other concerned agency had changed over time, and the present officials were no longer interested in playing Mexican standoff and opted for the kill and the seizure of his materials.

Did he have a purple trunk?  That was the sort of item women owned in the kicky 1960s.  One may have been left behind by his Japanese wife, and Nagell may have stuffed it sardonically with his goods.

Well, all possible. Maybe the "real deal" is Nagell only got his pension as he was holding back the true facts of the JFKA secret. This seems a bit of a stretch. We don't know how the JFKA went down because one guy wanted his pension? 

On the other hand....tons of money would have poured into Nagell for his story, if he revealed what was in the purple trunk.  

Like I say, Nagell is iffy, and the JFKA has plenty of solid, solid evidence to husband. 

But hey, that is only IMHO.