The Education Forum

The Tague Curb Strike

As most of you know, there was bullet strike at the curb near bystander James Tague's feet on Nov. 22. Something from that strike, which was determined to have been made by a lead missile, likely struck Tague's cheek, resulting in a minor injury. 

Recently it was posited in this forum that the Tague strike was a shard of lead, splitting off from a copper-jacketed bullet that struck JFK's skull. No copper was found at the curb-strike site. 

Has anyone looked into this? From my minimal research, it looks like a shard splitting off from JFK's head, but on an angle low enough to strike the curb, would have been blocked by the JFK limo windshield. 

However, I am coming to this conclusion just by eyeballing online overhead maps and such. Has anyone made a real study of this? 

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

As most of you know, there was bullet strike at the curb near bystander James Tague's feet on Nov. 22. Something from that strike, which was determined to have been made by a lead missile, likely struck Tague's cheek, resulting in a minor injury. 

Recently it was posited in this forum that the Tague strike was a shard of lead, splitting off from a copper-jacketed bullet that struck JFK's skull. No copper was found at the curb-strike site. 

Has anyone looked into this? From my minimal research, it looks like a shard splitting off from JFK's head, but on an angle low enough to strike the curb, would have been blocked by the JFK limo windshield. 

However, I am coming to this conclusion just by eyeballing online overhead maps and such. Has anyone made a real study of this? 

A FMJ bullet impacting the top of JFK's head from behind at a very shallow angle would be likely to break up into pieces. In such case, the largest pieces would continue forward without traversing his skull. Such a strike is thereby consistent with two large fragments hitting near the top of the front windshield and an even larger fragment being slightly deflected and hitting the curb down by Tague. The trail of fragments on the X-rays is further support for this scenario, as it does not lead from front to back or back to front but is simply a splash of fragments at the top of the head, almost certainly in the scalp. A large fragment was also found behind the right eye. One of the most annoying things about this case for me personally is that CTs enamored with the head shot from the front theory refuse to acknowledge or even consider that 1) the fragment causing the damage to Tague was from the head shot, and 2) that the large fragment found at autopsy was behind the right eye. Much effort has been made, in fact, to conceal these facts from the public. 

Now of course I could be wrong. But the evidence leads in one direction, an unwelcome one for most CTs and all LNs. The fatal bullet impacted at the top of the head from behind, leaving the lower head wound unaccounted for and evidence for multiple gunmen. Neither "side" wants this to be true, because it would mean they'd have to re-think a few things and accept that some of what they've been told by others is nonsense. I get this all the time. "How dare you say so-and-so is wrong! He's a doctor!' Or whatever. The fact is some of the nation's best and brightest looked at the evidence and came to conflicting conclusions. The argument from authority doesn't mean squat. I kinda wish it had, as it would have saved me thousands of hours of reading, research, and argument. 

8 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

A FMJ bullet impacting the top of JFK's head from behind at a very shallow angle would be likely to break up into pieces. In such case, the largest pieces would continue forward without traversing his skull. Such a strike is thereby consistent with two large fragments hitting near the top of the front windshield and an even larger fragment being slightly deflected and hitting the curb down by Tague. The trail of fragments on the X-rays is further support for this scenario, as it does not lead from front to back or back to front but is simply a splash of fragments at the top of the head, almost certainly in the scalp. A large fragment was also found behind the right eye. One of the most annoying things about this case for me personally is that CTs enamored with the head shot from the front theory refuse to acknowledge or even consider that 1) the fragment causing the damage to Tague was from the head shot, and 2) that the large fragment found at autopsy was behind the right eye. Much effort has been made, in fact, to conceal these facts from the public. 

Now of course I could be wrong. But the evidence leads in one direction, an unwelcome one for most CTs and all LNs. The fatal bullet impacted at the top of the head from behind, leaving the lower head wound unaccounted for and evidence for multiple gunmen. Neither "side" wants this to be true, because it would mean they'd have to re-think a few things and accept that some of what they've been told by others is nonsense. I get this all the time. "How dare you say so-and-so is wrong! He's a doctor!' Or whatever. The fact is some of the nation's best and brightest looked at the evidence and came to conflicting conclusions. The argument from authority doesn't mean squat. I kinda wish it had, as it would have saved me thousands of hours of reading, research, and argument. 

Pat S.

I actually lean into your camp, that the actual strikes on JFK (and indisputably, JBC) were from behind.  My pet explanation of the Grassy Knoll smoke and noise is a diversion, although to repeat, every time I look at the awful Z Film, it sure looks like JFK took a shot from the Grassy Knoll-pergola area. 

What I mean is that if you drew a straight line from the top of JFK's skull to the curb 20 feet from Tague's feet---would it not intersect with the limo windshield? It sure looks that way to me, but only by eyeballing the photos and map evidence.

https://miketgriffith.com/files/tague2.pdf

This fellow Griffith takes a stab at the question, and deserves credit for the effort...but I think still does not really answer the question. 

I hate to say "computer animation," as we all know you can rig an animation to get the desired results. But an honest animation would be interesting to understand the height of JFK's head, the windshield and rollbar, and the point of the curb-strike. 

JBC said bullets were entering the cab of the limo as if from "automatic" weapons fire. I think he meant semi-automatic, but that's what he said. One of the Secret Service agents said there was a "flurry" of shots. 

Of course, in a straight line from the TSBD sixth-floor, the Tague shot would be a wild miss. Other explanations might be an ordinary lead or fragmenting slug from a rifle, at the end of a burst of fire. The rifleman let his finger off the trigger, and this often results in the front tip of the rifle lifting up a bit.  Or just an unintentional additional squeeze of the trigger under very tense circumstances. 

Do you have any hard data on the height of the limo windshield and the height of JFK's head? 

Interesting topic.