The Education Forum

I am resigning my post in admin and stopping the Invision payment

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I forgot as well. Try the link by Michael Clark in the funding thread near the top of this page.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Until the present situation I had also forgottem

1. Click on Store at the top of the Page.

2 Click on Donations.

That leads you into the process.

The first question you are asked is How Much.

Omce answered you are taken to the Paypal account.

James

11 minutes ago, John Butler said:

I must be missing something.  I don't have a clue how to donate.  I have before with no problems.  When I check on the link I end up in James photos.

Help, if you can. 

John,

Go to the top of the page and within the blue banner running across the entire page top, click on the "store" link.

Or, you can rest your cursor on that same "store" link and just below it, the "donations" link will appear as a drop down option.

26 minutes ago, John Butler said:

I must be missing something.  I don't have a clue how to donate.  I have before with no problems.  When I check on the link I end up in James photos.

Help, if you can. 

John,

Chris mentioned this also, but hover over the word "store" in the blue banner at the top of the forum. That will give you another menu directly below the word "store." Go to that menu directly below the blue banner and  click "donations" which is on the far left of that menu. That will lead you to the donation process and just follow instructions from there.

Any other questions, I am happy to help.

Hi James,

Hopefully this fundraising round will raise enough for at least another year or so.

I would offer the following suggestion though.

Encourage all members to set up a recurring minimal payment every month.

Say $1.

Out of sight/mind.

As time elapses, you could gain a better understanding of the monthly amount coming in and then ask for minor adjustments, accordingly.

Just like most probably do when paying water, electric, cable bills etc,etc.

If we start off the next year covered financially by this latest round, tiny incremental amounts through the succeeding months might allow you to do away with requesting a fundraiser every year.

Personally, I would be more than happy to do this moving forward.

Just a thought.

Thank you for keeping this forum alive.

Chris

P.S.

Tentatively, here's how:

Click PayPal Credit.

Click Make a payment.

Click Automatic payments.

Select the amount to pay each month.

Select the payment method.

Click Continue.

Review your payment details and click Agree and Schedule Payments.

Thanks for your help folks,

I am still not getting anywhere.  I press on any of James' buttons in the thread and I end up in Photobucket at jamesg27's library. 

This doesn't look right.  Is this the right place?  Where am I going wrong?   

3 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

John,

Go to the top of the page and within the blue banner running across the entire page top, click on the "store" link.

Or, you can rest your cursor on that same "store" link and just below it, the "donations" link will appear as a drop down option.

Thanks Chris,

It took a while for that to sink into my head due to mind numbness.  I did get the donation in to James.  

Just bought a new computer.  It is getting harder and harder to set one up.  I have way too many files, programs, and backups with extra disk drives.  Instead of a couple hours as in the old days it's now a couple of days.    

17 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Thanks for your help folks

John, once you are logged in, scroll to the top of the page under the title "Education Forum".  On the left edge of the page and within the blue banner you will see Browse/Activity/Store/Support.  Click on Store and under that you will see "Donations" to the extreme left.  When you click on that you will see a page that says Current Donation Goals with a blue button in center at the bottom of the page.  When you click the button it will open a page on which you can type in your donation amount.

Edited by Richard Price
Just missed your update John. Good to see you got it resolved. Ignore the above.

I have to wait until next week to try to donate.  I saw a charge on my checking account on Sunday that I didn't make.  Reported it Monday.  Part of protesting the charge is the deactivate my debit card and send me a new one in a week to ten days.  They could send it 2nd day FedEX for $25.  The charge in question is for $18.  An inconvenience but no thanks. Paid my electric bill by check yesterday for the first time in I couldn't tell you when.

Well thanks everyone. You have astonished me. To date you have donated $885. That is sufficient for 12 months. It was mentioned that each block would be 15 months in which we need a further $165. You could also allow it to run for a few more days.
One thing is certain we are through till - at least April 223.
Chris Davidson suggested that members set up a recurring minimal payment every month.
Say $1.  Which as he says is “Out of sight/mind.”
The advantage is that I could gain a better understanding of the monthly amount coming in and then ask for minor adjustments, accordingly.

The List on Donators
$20 Barton Blum
$50 Bruce Fernandez
$50 Gregory Douda
$100 John Butler
$300 Jase Hickox
$ 20 Karl Hilliard
$25  George Govus
$20 from Kirk Galloway
$100 from Chris Davidson    
$200 from Tyler Carpenter
James