The Education Forum

Kindle edition and preview of POLITICAL TRUTH: THE MEDIA AND THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY

Doug Thompson, a journalist and Democratic Party congressional staff member who founded the Capitol Hill Blue website, revealed in 2006 what Governor Connally actually thought. In an article for OpEdNews.com, Thompson reported a conversation he and his wife had with John Connally when the former governor visited Santa Fe, New Mexico, for a political fundraiser in 1982. “I had to ask,” wrote Thompson. “Did he think Lee Harvey Oswald fired the gun that killed Kennedy?” “Absolutely not,” Connally replied. “I do not, for one second, believe the conclusions of the Warren Commission.” “So why not speak out?” asked Thompson. Connally said, “Because I love this country and we needed closure at the time. I will never speak out publicly about what I believe.”

Wow. Another important story of which I was unaware. It very much mirrors Tip O'Neill's recounting of Powers and O'Donnell's similar comments and reasoning.

On 1/8/2022 at 7:10 PM, Joseph McBride said:

I am pleased to report that the Kindle edition of my new book POLITICAL TRUTH:

THE MEDIA AND THE ASSASSINATION OF PRESIDENT KENNEDY is now

available on Amazon, along with the higher-priced paperback edition. The "Look Inside"

function is now activated too, so people can preview part of the book. POLITICAL TRUTH,

which I began outlining in the 1990s while working on INTO THE NIGHTMARE and wrote over the past couple of years,

reexamines the long history of mainstream media lying and coverup about the assassination

case and the Tippit murder, the contrary truth-telling by independent researchers, and the damaging effects

this systemic lying by the media and government has had on our country.

Although the roots of the

lack of trust and belief in the government and media are usually traced back to

the Vietnam War, I argue that this process actually began with Dallas, which led directly

to the widening of the war (the media are still lying about that too, partly since to face

the facts would lead to reexamining what happened in Dallas and why). I argue

that the widespread failure to acknowledge that a successful coup d'état

took place in the US on November 22, 1963, has led to the failure by many

in the media and elsewhere to prepare for or even recognize the reality of what happened when a coup attempt

took place in 2020-21.  Though that coup attempt was unsuccessful, another attempt will probably happen again.

And in the meantime, the toxic disbelief in reality by many people, fostered by the assassination coverup and government and media lies about other major events, has divided our country into two warring camps.

As the epigraph to my last chapter, I use the comment that Jack Ruby addressed to Earl

Warren during his Warren Commission testimony in the Dallas County Jail in June 1964: "[A] whole new form of government is going to take over our country . . .

it is a very serious situation. I guess it is too late to stop it, isn’t it?"

For some reason, this book doesn't appear in Google search results. At least not on my browser.