The Education Forum

Does anybody know how to get around this forum software problem?

The problem I have is explained here:

I often get behind on reading a thread. I pick up where I left of by clicking the the circle (or star) icon to the right of the topic title within the list of topics. So far, so good. Then one day I decide to reply to someone's post. In doing so, I am left on the last page of the thread, because that is where my reply is posted. The forum software now thinks that I've read EVERY page following the one I was on when I replied. Clicking on the circle/star no longer works.

My workaround is to record somewhere what page I was last on. This is annoying because I need to keep doing that, every time I read that thread, every day, till I finally catch up. Which I often never do.

How do I mark those pages as being UNREAD?

Sandy, whomever responds to your posting issue may help me too.  I can't make a new topic.  I try but forum software says I need to do something else.  I would hope that someone would walk me through the process of starting a new topic.  I hope you don't feel badly about my jumping on your wagon with you.

Sandy,

I will forward your issue to Invision. I do not know the answer.

Terry there are two ways to start a new thread, The most popular one is to  click the dark blue button on the Education Forum main page, However I see you can als create a new thread from within an existing thread, That box is to the lefy of reply to this topic.

I see you get an error message. Can you post what error message is that the site gives you. I will look into it for you.

James.

Sandy,

Invision have replied to your problem. I am sorry it appears the system does not work as you wish.

There would be no way in which to do that. It picks up the last item a person has read, so if they reply to the topic then the last item that person has read is actually their own response. There is no way around that

James

Thanks for looking into this James.

Whoever wrote or currently maintains the forum software could easily fix this problem. Just reverse the LastPageRead variable to its prior state whenever the user posts something and it takes him to the last page of the thread. This is a ten minute programming job.

Edited by Sandy Larsen