The Education Forum

Film of a second rifle--2 rifles total--on the sixth floor 11/22/63

NOTHING TO SEE HERE...just film of a second rifle (along with the so-called Oswald rifle) together on the sixth floor:

***UPDATE***

Hello all:

I deleted the video. It has been called out to my satisfaction that the second rifle is a policeman's Browning shotgun. I saw Lisa Pease talking about it on Twitter and just ran with it. Sorry about that.

Edited by Vince Palamara

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all:

I deleted the video. It has been called out to my satisfaction that the second rifle is a policeman's Browning shotgun. I saw Lisa Pease talking about it on Twitter and just ran with it. Sorry about that.

Edited by Vince Palamara

OUTSTANDING comment left on the You Tube comment section of the video:

I just asked a police officer friend of mine (in an attempt to think of a lone-nutter's possible retort) if it is possible that the other rifle was a police officer's rifle. He laughed and said, quote, "for one thing, the detectives didn't carry rifles and, two, they wouldn't contaminate the crime scene by having a rifle, police issued or otherwise, within spitting distance of a filmed and dissected area like that."

3 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

NOTHING TO SEE HERE...just film of a second rifle (along with the so-called Oswald rifle) together on the sixth floor:

Well done, Vince! Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by Chris Barnard

Incredible find, Vince.

Sounds like the conspiracy was pretty sloppy but the USG would soon step in and make all the contradictory  evidence go away.

I always felt so bad for how Roger Craig was treated. Seemed like the one honest cop at DPD and in fact was named Officer of the Year previously.

Bolsters his veracity in the telling of the Nash Rambler story as well.

25 minutes ago, Ian Lloyd said:

Notwithstanding the YouTube comment, I thought this had been previously addressed and explained as being a cop's shotgun? Maybe a clearer image will help...

It appears to match a 1960ish Browning shotgun:

Shotgun.gif

Certainly does Chris - nice work again!!!

I wonder if any film of the search shows any cops with guns of any sort? Plenty outside carrying shotguns...I'd be surprised if the cops were going in for a search for an alleged armed shooter but were told to leave their weapons outside in case they contaminated the search area???

I'm certainly no expert in firearms of ANY sort, (I have a fairly decent grasp on the rifles and muskets of the Napoleonic era, but after that I'm pretty much a complete Muggle) but what I learned from reading War Comics in the 1970s was that a "Carbine" was originally a shortened version of a standard rifle, with the the occasional  tailor made carbines all being fairly short. 

The rifle presented by DPD to the public was over 40" in length. I've never understood, unless my understanding of the word is completely wrong, why they referred to the CE139 rifle as a "Carbine" .

Oh, and brilliant find Vince!!!

I'll never tire of that "How are we only seeing that now?" feeling in association with this crime.

3 hours ago, Tommy Tomlinson said:

I'm certainly no expert in firearms of ANY sort, (I have a fairly decent grasp on the rifles and muskets of the Napoleonic era, but after that I'm pretty much a complete Muggle) but what I learned from reading War Comics in the 1970s was that a "Carbine" was originally a shortened version of a standard rifle, with the the occasional  tailor made carbines all being fairly short. 

The rifle presented by DPD to the public was over 40" in length. I've never understood, unless my understanding of the word is completely wrong, why they referred to the CE139 rifle as a "Carbine" .

I'll never tire of that "How are we only seeing that now?" feeling in association with this crime.

Thanks!

There is a news report that day calling the rifle "a Browning automatic" (matching that GIF above).

4 hours ago, Ian Lloyd said:

Certainly does Chris - nice work again!!!

I wonder if any film of the search shows any cops with guns of any sort? Plenty outside carrying shotguns...I'd be surprised if the cops were going in for a search for an alleged armed shooter but were told to leave their weapons outside in case they contaminated the search area???

There's a big difference between detectives and "cops with shotguns." The detectives didn't carry shotguns--only pistols on their belts. They investigated crimes-the police officers were the ones enforcing the law on the front lines. BY the time this film was taken, POLICE OFFICER Marion Baker and company had already determined there was no one hiding on the floor. The crime scene detectives were going over the scene.

That Tom Alyea film is often shown very dark and it is no wonder that the extra weapon was missed:

4 hours ago, Tommy Tomlinson said:

Tommy, 

The designation "carbine" refers to barrel length not necessarily overall length of the firearm. By common definition, a carbine has a barrel length of 16 to 20 inches. In my quick search, the model LHO is claimed to have used had a barrel length of 17.5" or 17.6".