The Education Forum

Final Charade

Just curious as to whether anyone has any information on the status of this long awaited followup to Best Evidence? I know that Mr. Lifton has been a contributor to this forum in the past so maybe he can come forward and shed some light on this topic. Last I heard I think he was looking for funding online. It feels like this project has been in the works for about 30 years. I know that Best Evidence took some time to be completed though so hopefully it will be well worth the wait. I just haven't really heard anything in quite some time so I was just wondering if this was still an active project or if there was any sort of timeline as for the possible release of it if so. Was just going to bump another thread mentioning this book but all I found were so long I feared this would just get buried. Thanks in advance for any info you could give me!

On 2/22/2022 at 9:57 PM, Jamey Flanagan said:

Just curious as to whether anyone has any information on the status of this long awaited followup to Best Evidence? I know that Mr. Lifton has been a contributor to this forum in the past so maybe he can come forward and shed some light on this topic. Last I heard I think he was looking for funding online. It feels like this project has been in the works for about 30 years. I know that Best Evidence took some time to be completed though so hopefully it will be well worth the wait. I just haven't really heard anything in quite some time so I was just wondering if this was still an active project or if there was any sort of timeline as for the possible release of it if so. Was just going to bump another thread mentioning this book but all I found were so long I feared this would just get buried. Thanks in advance for any info you could give me!

And, as a big admirer of Mr. Lifton, I want to address the elephant in the room: Father Time. Although David looks amazing for his age, he IS in his eighties. Here is wishing him many more years. That said, Father Time is not a guaranteed "parent" to any of us. Has he made provisions in the event of his passing that his book and materials will see the light of day? I say this because this highly anticipated follow up to his classic book BEST EVIDENCE has been in the making for over 40 years now. It would be a tragedy if it never sees the light of day. 

I know David was in contact with me a lot via e-mail a few years back and a fellow researcher says he is actively working on it still. If the lore of a big publisher is over ---if that ship has sailed---I hope David seeks out Trine Day: they would gladly publish it and he would still do very well. Maybe not big time publisher McMillan well, but, with the advent of the net/ Amazon and kindle, it is a much more even playing field these days. Gone are the times that, if you weren't on national television, your book faced the possibility of dying on the shelves. Social media and the net (and kindle) have been an extreme advantage to all.

Edited by Vince Palamara

2 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Great post Vince! Well said! I was thinking the same thing as far as what would happen to the book should he pass away!

Thanks! Yes- I tried to write that in a genteel way. As one can see from the 2020 video, David looks amazing; kind of like Terry Bradshaw has aged well because he is bald :) The 2002 video is interesting because David refers to his forthcoming book...still waiting 20 years later. 

As far as the book goes, I'm very interested to finally get to read about some of the new details he has spoken about on radio shows in the past. I know he puts in the research but some of what I've heard I really wanna see in print and find out just what all corroborating witnesses and evidence there are to some of his new revelations. I remember something about some witnesses coming forward about seeing another limo stop, this time somewhere between the underpass and Parkland and something about Jackie trying to crawl out of the limo again. I'm anxious to see if any further corroboration is there to that event aside from the group of teens who were together and testified to it. Something that dramatic never coming to light or being discussed by anyone in the intervening years is almost hard to believe. But many things in this case are! Another fascinating thing I remember hearing him say is that, if I remember correctly, there was a certain doctor at Parkland who actively worked to ensure that Oswald died. I don't remember if he named the doctor publicly, but I believe he said it would be in the book. He said something along the lines of the work they did on Oswald was almost successful, and that Oswald was stabilizing and looking like he was gonna pull through. And then all of sudden this doctor rolled him over on his side or something to that effect, and he just bottomed out and took a turn for the worse. Forgive me if I'm not stating any of this correctly, for it has been several years since that particular interview that I listened to. May have been 2016 or so. I'm pretty sure it's still on YouTube but I can't recall when I last listened to it.

David never responded to my recent query about when we would see his book. He did communicate with me about how orchestral music videos were made. I wonder if a movie deal was kind of in the works? Good question about what happens to his research should he pass.

47 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

As far as the book goes, I'm very interested to finally get to read about some of the new details he has spoken about on radio shows in the past. I know he puts in the research but some of what I've heard I really wanna see in print and find out just what all corroborating witnesses and evidence there are to some of his new revelations. I remember something about some witnesses coming forward about seeing another limo stop, this time somewhere between the underpass and Parkland and something about Jackie trying to crawl out of the limo again. I'm anxious to see if any further corroboration is there to that event aside from the group of teens who were together and testified to it. Something that dramatic never coming to light or being discussed by anyone in the intervening years is almost hard to believe. But many things in this case are! Another fascinating thing I remember hearing him say is that, if I remember correctly, there was a certain doctor at Parkland who actively worked to ensure that Oswald died. I don't remember if he named the doctor publicly, but I believe he said it would be in the book. He said something along the lines of the work they did on Oswald was almost successful, and that Oswald was stabilizing and looking like he was gonna pull through. And then all of sudden this doctor rolled him over on his side or something to that effect, and he just bottomed out and took a turn for the worse. Forgive me if I'm not stating any of this correctly, for it has been several years since that particular interview that I listened to. May have been 2016 or so. I'm pretty sure it's still on YouTube but I can't recall when I last listened to it.

You are correct in all you state!

I've often wondered exactly what the hold up was. I know you want the research to be as accurate as possible and that takes time to verify all of these new revelations. I know, at least originally, that this book was supposed to be Oswald-centric. And it's just pure speculation on my part, but being a believer in the John Armstrong Harvey and Lee theory at least in some part and from what I understand Lifton does not believe this theory, I have often thought that one of the possible reasons for the lengthy delay was Lifton trying to weed through the complexities of Oswald's life and reconcile him being in two different places at the same time from the time he returned from Russia up until the assassination (and actually seemingly in two places at the same time while in Russia with reports of him in America during that time period). Part of this of course is just people and organizations using the Oswald name but you also have many people swearing they saw Oswald based on his appearance as well. So, obviously at least part of the time someone who looked an awful lot like the historical Lee Harvey Oswald was in different places using his name. I don't wanna open up a whole other can of worms with this and turn this thread into a Harvey and Lee debate, but with the constant delays in this project it is just something I have considered that may have been a possible roadblock at several junctures in his research. Once again, it is pure speculation on my part, but I'm curious what some of you might think about this idea. Any thoughts?

The book used to be about Oswald, but it appears that challenges and alterations to Lifton's body alteration theory have led him to double down. So now the book is gonna be Best Evidence 2, and not a revealing look at Oswald. 

I, for one, am disappointed. I think we need a book on Oswald based on research and interviews with Marina more than we do a book on the medical evidence, rehashing much of what we already know. If that sounds cynical I'm sorry. I'm a grumpy old man these days.  

3 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

I've often wondered exactly what the hold up was. I know you want the research to be as accurate as possible and that takes time to verify all of these new revelations. I know, at least originally, that this book was supposed to be Oswald-centric. And it's just pure speculation on my part, but being a believer in the John Armstrong Harvey and Lee theory at least in some part and from what I understand Lifton does not believe this theory, I have often thought that one of the possible reasons for the lengthy delay was Lifton trying to weed through the complexities of Oswald's life and reconcile him being in two different places at the same time from the time he returned from Russia up until the assassination (and actually seemingly in two places at the same time while in Russia with reports of him in America during that time period). Part of this of course is just people and organizations using the Oswald name but you also have many people swearing they saw Oswald based on his appearance as well. So, obviously at least part of the time someone who looked an awful lot like the historical Lee Harvey Oswald was in different places using his name. I don't wanna open up a whole other can of worms with this and turn this thread into a Harvey and Lee debate, but with the constant delays in this project it is just something I have considered that may have been a possible roadblock at several junctures in his research. Once again, it is pure speculation on my part, but I'm curious what some of you might think about this idea. Any thoughts?

That is very good speculation; well written, too. My boy, I think you need to write a book yourself. :)

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

The book used to be about Oswald, but it appears that challenges and alterations to Lifton's body alteration theory have led him to double down. So now the book is gonna be Best Evidence 2, and not a revealing look at Oswald. 

I, for one, am disappointed. I think we need a book on Oswald based on research and interviews with Marina more than we do a book on the medical evidence, rehashing much of what we already know. If that sounds cynical I'm sorry. I'm a grumpy old man these days.  

I can definitely see that point of view, as well.

Thanks Vince! I am very well spoken and put thought into what I'm writing to make sure I really convey the message I am trying to get across. However, my talents do not lie in writing of this nature, lol! I was a big history buff in school but English class, not so much, haha! I come up with great ideas all the time for stories but every time I have tried to write it feels like everything is just a big run-on sentence! 😂😂😂 Now, I can write songs with the best of them, but as far as short stories or novels I just don't have that kind of patience or talent. I have always wanted to write a book on the assassination (which I have been a student of since I was 11 and I just turned 44, lol!) and have a great title in mind. Chain Reaction: Crime Of The Century. Since I am no writer, feel free to borrow that title! 😁