The Education Forum

Destiny Betrayed 2022

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

What about Cannes? Was JFK Revisited not "headlined" there?

No film headlines Cannes. 

That is the biggest film festival there is.  And its been that way for a long time.  So much so that it also serves as a market for film rights sales.  Cannes has a stature that makes it stand alone.  We were  fortunate to play there, a couple of people went to bat for us.  Plus, we got into the main ampitheater which seats like 2200 people and it was packed.

I think the digital cell phone taping of Oliver walking down the aisle amid that tremendous ovation was really a boon for the film. Everyone should remember that as a real triumph for our cause.  Because up to that time, for almost 30 years, since Posner, the Krazy Kid Oswald crowd had pretty much dominated the media starting with the 1993 anniversary and peaking with the 2013 pig out.

Edited by James DiEugenio

From Paul Bleau:  the event is going really strong.

The Provinces five top dailies... CBC English and French radio and TV, weeklies, websites, other radio, foreign media are covering the event... all positive!!!

I have to say, that this whole concept of the Quebec Film Festival sponsoring this special event for Oliver and JFK Revisited, this really owes so much to Paul Bleau.

He had been trying for this for months on end.  His first attempt failed.  But then he tried again, and he managed to pul lit off. And the sponsors he has!  This is a perfect example of a private citizen really going to bat for something he believes in and amazingly , pulling it off.  

I am really looking forward to this one.

PS And the thing is Quebec City is close to not just Montreal-a huge media center and the second biggest city in Canada-- but also Ottawa, the capital of the country.  Will Trudeau be there?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got some news from Paul Bleau on the Quebec CIty event.

Get this, the last night's screening of the two hour version Through the Looking Glass,, followed with a  Q and A by Oliver is going to be held in a 600 seat ampitheater on June 15th. 

Sit down while I add this: over one month before the event, 520 tickets have been sold! Its going to be SRO.

Don't sit down yet.  The prices are $69, $79, and $99. (And that is not Sri Lanka money.)

There will be two other events like this.  Me, Paul and Oliver will be at the Morrin Center Library.  That will be for the media, with about 70 people there.  I think that is on June 13th.  Paul will have a lot to talk about with Bolden, since he did that part in the film, along with Gochenaur.   Get a look at this place

https://www.morrin.org/en/library/

On the first night there will be another event, I think that will be with Oliver and me talking about the making of the film. That will be in a 400 seat venue.

And this will cap off the one year window for JFK Revisited.   No JFK documentary has ever done anything like this. Not even close. I mean what a way to go out. Paul Bleau deserves all the credit we can give him.

Thanks Dave.

I am sure it will.  They are doing tie-ins with the media right now, CBC radio and TV for starters.

I did not know this but JFK Revisited is back on Showtime, someone told me they just saw it. 

So I inquired about it to Rob Wilson, the producer.  He said its true.  They have rights for a couple of years and its done really well for them.

There you go.  No one is interested in the JFK case right?

Does Showtime broadcast in Sri Lanka?

On 5/4/2022 at 2:05 AM, James DiEugenio said:

I just got some news from Paul Bleau on the Quebec CIty event.

Get this, the last night's screening of the two hour version Through the Looking Glass,, followed with a  Q and A by Oliver is going to be held in a 600 seat ampitheater on June 15th. 

Sit down while I add this: over one month before the event, 520 tickets have been sold! Its going to be SRO.

Don't sit down yet.  The prices are $69, $79, and $99. (And that is not Sri Lanka money.)

There will be two other events like this.  Me, Paul and Oliver will be at the Morrin Center Library.  That will be for the media, with about 70 people there.  I think that is on June 13th.  Paul will have a lot to talk about with Bolden, since he did that part in the film, along with Gochenaur.   Get a look at this place

https://www.morrin.org/en/library/

On the first night there will be another event, I think that will be with Oliver and me talking about the making of the film. That will be in a 400 seat venue.

And this will cap off the one year window for JFK Revisited.   No JFK documentary has ever done anything like this. Not even close. I mean what a way to go out. Paul Bleau deserves all the credit we can give him.

That's fantastic. It sounds like it will be quite an event. I hope someone will record your discussion. 

For sure they will Denny.

I give Oliver a lot of credit for this.  He has really worked to publicize both of the films.  He went to Cannes, he went to Italy, at one time, he was doing three interviews per day.

And now he does this.

He knew he had to go around the MSM and he did.