The Education Forum

Oswald's Fake Suicide Attempt

Perhaps many JFKA researchers know this, but this was news to me.

Lee Harvey Oswald's suicide attempt in Russia, in 1959, was fake. Start about 22:00.

LHO's "suicide attempt" has always puzzled me.

If LHO was a CIA asset, then actually committing or attempting suicide to gain entry to the Soviet Union struck me as extreme. The LHO suicide attempt always suggested that maybe LHO was just a wayward, troubled youth (although even a troubled youth can be a CIA asset). 

But Mailer interviewed the attending doctors and so on, and LHO only lightly slashed one wrist, and not deeply enough to commit suicide.  If anything, LHO may have been instructed on how to stage a fake suicide attempt. 

Yeah it seems like whenever you look closer at what the authorities emphasized to paint a certain picture of LHO, it falls apart.

I was on a tour of LHO’s rooming house in Dallas about five years ago. The lady giving the tour is a member of the family that ran the rooming house (there was a another building out back and some 20+ rooms were being rented then). She was 11 when LHO was there and remembered him well.

She stated these facts plainly with no agenda:

- LHO chose the room next to the dining room and living room when there were quieter rooms in the back. He told them he enjoyed being near people gathering. 

- One day LHO was in the living room watching TV with the girl and they heard her two younger brothers fighting outside. She was babysitting and told LHO she better go break it up. LHO said he’d do it. She heard him tell them how brothers should always love each other and there’s never a reason for violence. She said this was two weeks before the assassination.

I was stunned, tbh. Didn’t sound a bit like a loner or psychopath to me. I was amazed how thoroughly the powers-that-be can completely change reality.

I should add similar instances: 

- the wallet of money ‘left’ with Marina at the Paine house was basically where the couple kept their savings to rent an apartment one day again

- LHO leaving his wedding ring with Marina - he would do this when he wanted to wear his Marine Corps ring which in those days was worn on the ring finger. You can plainly see the MC ring in photos of his arrest and DPD photos. It’s huge and you could see how another ring could not be worn with it.  You could ask yourself what else would an ex-Marine wear with a president visiting the city.

The list goes on and on regarding deliberate misrepresentations of LHO’s motives and actions.

This is what comes of a prosecution with no defense.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

20 minutes ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Yeah it seems like whenever you look closer at what the authorities emphasized to paint a certain picture of LHO, it falls apart.

I was on a tour of LHO’s rooming house in Dallas about five years ago. The lady giving the tour is a member of the family that ran the rooming house (there was a another building out back and some 20+ rooms were being rented then). She was 11 when LHO was there and remembered him well.

She stated these facts plainly with no agenda:

- LHO chose the room next to the dining room and living room when there were quieter rooms in the back. He told them he enjoyed being near people gathering. 

- One day LHO was in the living room watching TV with the girl and they heard her two younger brothers fighting outside. She was babysitting and told LHO she better go break it up. LHO said he’d do it. She heard him tell them how brothers should always love each other and there’s never a reason for violence. She said this was two weeks before the assassination.

I was stunned, tbh. Didn’t sound a bit like a loner or psychopath to me. I was amazed how thoroughly the powers-that-be can completely change reality.

I should add similar instances: 

- the wallet of money ‘left’ with Marina at the Paine house was basically where the couple kept their savings to rent an apartment one day again

- LHO leaving his wedding ring with Marina - he would do this when he wanted to wear his Marine Corps ring which in those days was worn on the ring finger. You can plainly see the MC ring in photos of his arrest and DPD photos. It’s huge and you could see how another ring could not be worn with it.  You could ask yourself what else would an ex-Marine wear with a president visiting the city.

The list goes on and on regarding deliberate misrepresentations of LHO’s motives and actions.

This is what comes of a prosecution with no defense.

"This is what comes of a prosecution with no defense." ---M. Kilroy.

Amen.  The Warren Commission, 9/11 Commission, many Congressional hearings, the headlines...no matter your politics, remember that allegations and stories are not convictions. 

Thanks for your personal, real-world insight into LHO. 

One thing I should add in contrast to the govt assassination of LHO’s character is that it was universally acknowledged by family, friends and acquaintances that Oswald loved children and they loved him back.

So how does someone who loves kids shoot the president just two months after the birth of his second daughter?

He’s not a dumb guy. He knows what that action would do to his kids’ lives. He also knows JFK is father to young children as well.

I don’t think there’s any mystery why LHO asked Marina during her visit at the Dallas jail about getting new shoes for his eldest child. Again, not the priority of a psychopathic radical who just killed the president, IMO.

1 hour ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

One thing I should add in contrast to the govt assassination of LHO’s character is that it was universally acknowledged by family, friends and acquaintances that Oswald loved children and they loved him back.

So how does someone who loves kids shoot the president just two months after the birth of his second daughter?

He’s not a dumb guy. He knows what that action would do to his kids’ lives. He also knows JFK is father to young children as well.

I don’t think there’s any mystery why LHO asked Marina during her visit at the Dallas jail about getting new shoes for his eldest child. Again, not the priority of a psychopathic radical who just killed the president, IMO.

It sure looks like the "LHO legend" was the result of a biography build and a coopted media.

It is difficult to know people even in one's circle, let alone a distant character like LHO. People commit suicide sometimes, in a shock to friends and family, or ask for divorce, etc. So "knowing LHO" at this late date is probably impossible. 

But we can say the "leftie-loser-loner" image of LHO is a fabrication, and the odds surely favor LHO being an intel asset, likely CIA. 

My best guess is LHO was involved in the JFKA, believing it was an anti-Castro PR stunt, a false-flag op. That explanation seems to hold water. That's my story and I am stickin' with it.