The Education Forum

Video of CIA Colby and David Phillips denying Oswald surveillance and photos

For whatever it is worth, Valery Kostikov confirmed he met LHO at the Russian embassy. 

My guess is the CIA actually "triggered" the meeting, as part of a LHO biography build.

The CIA intentionally "leaked" or planted info that the asset LHO was visiting, knowing the KGB would learn of it. Remember, Kostikov met LHO on a Saturday. Kostikov thought LHO was a CIA asset, and so met him to try find out what he was up to. 

No doubt CIA had surveillance up the wazoo going on, although they did have trouble getting their cameras to work consistently.  

So...after 11/22, my guess is the CIA scrubbed everything as fast as they could, threw up smokescreens (the non-Oswald photo) to cover up the fact that a CIA asset had been arrested for the JFKA (arrested and immediately convicted). Most likely, other CIA assets (Cuban exiles) were involved in the JFKA as well. 

Colby stammered and stuttered and lost his intense direct eye line stare at Rather when Rather asked him about the photo of someone other than Oswald at the USSR Embassy.

He gave an explanation of it that was so illogical and his demeanor in doing so was so guiltily scattered.

Colby said they sent the wrong Oswald picture to Dallas but didn't know it was not Oswald? Or, they knew but sent it anyway? 

Edited by Joe Bauer

What else would it take for our highest intel agencies to take on an immediate laser focus interest in and background check scrutiny of an American doing what they say Oswald did while in Mexico City?

Phillips said he knew positively that Oswald made contact with the Cuban embassy and communicated with the Soviet one. Obviously they must have recorded all calls going in there?

Considering the highest importance security risk implications of an American citizen attempting to get in touch with and speak directly to the chief of our most feared enemy's hit squad, you would think that from that second on there would be immediate digging and at least some surveillance scrutiny including a tail on this former defector starting with planting one on the Greyhound bus taking him back to Texas...no?

Phillips must have known what was being communicated in those embassies to assuredly say that they rebuffed Oswald, correct?

However, no photos of Americans coming and going into or out of those Embassies? Oh come on!

Then how in the heck did they get that one photo which even they weren't sure whether it was Oswald?

Edited by Joe Bauer

I don't see anything unreasonable about what Phillips is saying in this interview.

He says:

Oswald was at the Cuban embassy. There is plenty of evidence that LHO was in MC. I believe Bugliosi identified fourteen points of evidence in this regard. Oswald was rebuffed in his efforts to secure a visa. No photos. Again, this jibes with the evidence. The photographic coverage was not continuous and glitch-free.

Phillips says he is not sure if Oswald physically visited the Soviet compound. This is presumably because that was not his area of responsibility, so he didn't want to say.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

If Oswald's interactions there didn't raise 1,000 highest flying red flags, what else would?

I think one of the truths of the assassination story is that people like Phillips and Win Scott wanted to believe that they had acted exactly as they should have when faced with the prospect of LHO in MC. But with the benefit of hindsight, they probably could have done better although Phillips wasn't even in MC for part of Oswald's visit. Watch for Chapter 26 of my eBook, The Bishop Hoax.

5 hours ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

BTW, would someone please be kind enough identify the name and year of this broadcast?

CBS 1975. The American Assassins.

5 hours ago, Eddy Bainbridge said:

Can someone confirm two dates please : The date of Phillips interview above, and the date when he debated Mark Lane (at USC?) and allegedly stated that Oswald probably was not in Mexico City (A recording of this debate may exist)

September 1977 was when the debate between Lane and Phillips occurred. The interview above mentions that Phillips is retired so it would have occurred after May of 1975 but still in that year since it was broadcast then.

Does anyone here watching this video interview think Colby was being truthful or even mostly truthful? 

How about Phillips?

And by the way, Phillips says in this interview (regarding whether pictures of Oswald were destroyed " to which he says "there were not.  I know ... I was there."

He was there ( in Mexico City? ) during the time of the reported Oswald visit?

And in this interview Phillips sure doesn't say or even hint that Oswald never visited Mexico City.

And did Lee bring back a Mexican silver bracelet gift to Marina after he got back? Or, did she ask for one?

Edited by Joe Bauer