The Education Forum

Barb Junkkarinen Passed Away

I don't have any particulars on what date  or why, but one of our great JFK researchers has passed. Barb Junkkarinen

She was a good, kind  friend.

For years, she was active on this Forum, regarding the Zapruder film ,  the debate on the authenticity of Judith Baker, and many other topics.  She was also one of those instrumental in allowing us to secure this Forum from John Simkin

She will be greatly missed.

Feel free to leave condolences in this thread.

Sad news. 

Very sorry to hear that, we spent hours on the phone over several of my earliest years - talking medical aspects and the autopsy which was her specialty.  And in some private email group chains that were the closest we could come to special interest groups in those days.  A long time researcher who will most definitely be missed!

For several years, Barb was one of the moderators of this forum. And true to her title, she was a moderating influence. She retired from research around 10 years ago, but on the 50th anniversary, there she was, in an article featured in the L.A. Times. I was pleased to see that her voice of reason approach had captured somebody's attention, and that the Times was willing to let a JFK researcher be presented as a relatively normal person. 

Now, that said, I hope she made plans for her research materials. Like all too many of us, she had purchased and obtained a mountain of stuff about the assassination, many of it rare or unique. I know because she shared with me a taped interview of Dr. Michael Baden that proved quite helpful to me. I suspect there were numerous other interviews and videos in her possession. I hope these materials are not lost forever. 

On 4/18/2022 at 11:53 PM, Pat Speer said:

For several years, Barb was one of the moderators of this forum. And true to her title, she was a moderating influence. She retired from research around 10 years ago, but on the 50th anniversary, there she was, in an article featured in the L.A. Times. I was pleased to see that her voice of reason approach had captured somebody's attention, and that the Times was willing to let a JFK researcher be presented as a relatively normal person. 

Now, that said, I hope she made plans for her research materials. Like all too many of us, she had purchased and obtained a mountain of stuff about the assassination, many of it rare or unique. I know because she shared with me a taped interview of Dr. Michael Baden that proved quite helpful to me. I suspect there were numerous other interviews and videos in her possession. I hope these materials are not lost forever. 

It is sad that she passed away and (for some reason) it is also sad that she retired from research. Kathy Cunningham, who was very much into the medical evidence in the 1990's, also retired from research and donated all her materials to a Florida college. I definitely understand burnout and so forth (I myself am semi-retired, although you would never know it from my You Tube channel). Still, in addition to someone passing away, there is a little part of me that is sad when someone gives up/retires from the case. Bill Adams seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth, while Anna Marie Kuhns-Walko and Tony Marsh both may have passed away (may being the operative word).

Edited by Vince Palamara

I am so sad. Barb brought my dear husband Donner and me into the JFKLancer community.  We worked together at times and sparred a lot, as she never understood my approach to Judyth, but we evolved to being able to agree to disagree. She will be sorely missed...

26 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

What was her general take on Judyth Baker?

Barb considered Judyth a fraud. 

I had heard so much negative about Judyth that when she contacted me about the time the Men Who Killed Kennedy episode came out, that I decided to keep an open mind to what she had to say until her book came out.  I took a lot of heat for that, and lost the support of a number of researchers. I was also chastised by Gary Mack, who until then had given me opportunities as the limo researcher on some doc shows. 

As it ended up, I felt I was played by both sides, for after Judyth's book came out and I reminded her of our agreement, she said she did not recall an agreement, and then said that she had contacted a number of people with the intent of discrediting me.  "Who will believe you now," she said. 

Nevertheless, I learned a great deal from the experience, and it has helped me come to have some depth of understanding with an even more  enigmatic person...

Edited by Pamela Brown

7 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Nevertheless, I learned a great deal from the experience, and it has helped me come to have some depth of understanding with an even more  enigmatic person...

"more enigmatic person" ? Sorry, but who is the person you are referring to in that reference?