The Education Forum

Barb Junkkarinen Passed Away

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

"more enigmatic person" ? Sorry, but who is the person you are referring to in that reference?

The Bob Dylan connection. I would have been overwhelmed when he contacted me and then dropped RARW on my birthday had it not been for my experiences with Judyth. (IMO they are both powerful mythmakers.)

Thanks to Judyth I am able to roll with whatever is taking place without judgment or excess angst...

https://dylagence.wordpress.com/

Edited by Pamela Brown

On 4/25/2022 at 7:25 AM, Pamela Brown said:

The Bob Dylan connection. I would have been overwhelmed when he contacted me and then dropped RARW on my birthday had it not been for my experiences with Judyth. (IMO they are both powerful mythmakers.)

Thanks to Judyth I am able to roll with whatever is taking place without judgment or excess angst...

https://dylagence.wordpress.com/

I think both of them like to mess with your head. 

I consider myself a Dylan survivor.  

I mentioned a bit earlier in this thread that Barb had once shared with me a recording of a meeting she'd attended where Dr. Baden had discussed the medical evidence. Here are my take-aways from this recording, as reported in Chapter 13b at patspeer.com.

On 2-20-2000, Dr. Baden met with a number of JFK assassination researchers, including Dr. Gary Aguilar and Dr. David Mantik, for an extended lunch and discussion of the case. While this was designed as an informal discussion, Dr. Baden has, both prior to this meeting, and after, presented himself as an expert on the case. As a result, the mistakes he made in this discussion are worth noting and his bogus claims worth quoting.

1. First of all, it's important to note that, during the discussion of the autopsy photos, Dr. Baden repeatedly cited the Riebe story and tried to claim the photos had been taken by a Secret Service agent or FBI agent with no experience. He was corrected on this point, also repeatedly, by Dr. Gary Aguilar, and told the photos were taken by John Stringer, the Navy's top autopsy photographer. This, then, proves that Baden should have known better when he subsequently repeated the Riebe story and claimed the photos were taken by an "agent" of some sort.

2. Second of all, it's important to note that, during the discussion of the x-rays, Dr. Baden refused to argue with Dr. Mantik over the location of the supposed 6.5 mm bullet fragment supposedly found on the back of Kennedy's head. He insisted, first, that you couldn't tell where the large fragment on the A-P x-ray was located on the lateral x-ray. After being told by Mantik that the HSCA's radiologists--the radiologists whose reports Dr. Baden had placed into evidence--had claimed that, yes, indeed, this fragment was on the back of Kennedy's head, Baden then backed down, insisting he had no recollection of their claiming as much in their reports, and no explanation for a fragment on the back of Kennedy's head. This, of course, is in opposition to his testimony, where he claimed part of the bullet rubbed off upon entrance. Perhaps more problematic, however, is this: if Baden had been reminded of the radiology reports in 2000, why did he go back to ignoring them when speaking at the Wecht conference in 2003? Had he grown to disavow the reports he'd once placed into evidence? Or did he fail to respect the doctors with whom he'd been speaking in 2000, and forget everything they'd told him the minute he was out the door?

3. Baden's contempt for the original autopsists is also apparent. Here, he claimed that Dr. Humes destroyed the notes containing the autopsy measurements before writing the autopsy protocol, and that Humes just guessed at the measurements in the protocol. As discussed, Humes had testified to writing the autopsy protocol on Saturday. He'd testified to burning his blood-stained notes on Sunday. Baden's claim was therefore without merit. Baden then used this total fabrication about Humes' purported fabrication to explain how Humes could be so wrong about the entrance wound location.

4. There is a problem with this, of course. Dr. Finck, a forensic pathologist with some experience with gunshot wounds, repeatedly confirmed that the entrance wound was by the EOP, where Dr. Humes claimed it was, and not 10 cm higher on the skull, where Dr. Baden's friend Dr. Fisher had claimed it to have been located. This made Dr. Finck an obstacle to be overcome. It's disappointing but not surprising, then, that in this discussion, Dr. Baden repeatedly misrepresented Dr. Finck's 1978 testimony to Dr. Baden's panel. Dr. Baden claimed Finck had told him "I'd never done a God damn autopsy!" and that Finck "just stood and watched. That's what he testified to. He said 'I had no expertise to tell anybody what to do.' He had never done a gunshot wound autopsy before. He didn't know what to do." Dr. Baden then asserted that the blood in Kennedy's hair had confused poor Finck, and had led him to believe the entrance wound was 4 inches lower on Kennedy's head than it really was. A transcript exists, of course, of Dr. Finck's testimony before the HSCA. He said nothing remotely similar to what Dr. Baden told the researchers Finck had told him. In fact, the transcript proves Baden to be mistaken on most every point. Not only had Finck told Baden he'd performed gunshot wound autopsies before, he'd told him he'd arrived at the autopsy after Kennedy's scalp and hair had been reflected from Kennedy's skull. So much, then, for Baden's claim he'd been confused by Kennedy's hair. Finck told Baden, moreover, that he then stepped up and inspected Kennedy's wounds and made sure certain photos were taken of the entrance wound low on Kennedy's skull. Well, this completely destroys Dr. Baden's claim Finck told him he'd "just watched" as well.

It seems more than a coincidence, for that matter, that the recording of Dr. Baden's interview of Finck proves both that Finck held his ground with Baden--by refusing to concede that the entrance wound was really in the cowlick--and that Dr. Baden subsequently misrepresented Finck's statements in a manner suggesting Finck had acquiesced and admitted his incompetence. Dr. Baden's "mistakes" in this discussion, then, suggest that he is either a brazen xxxx, or capable of believing whatever he'd like to believe.