The Education Forum

David Lifton on the Brent Holland Show 12/12/2021

There is also this from the Holland McCombs/Life investigation:

"...notes of a phone conversation with one George Davis ... Davis, according to what [Wallace] Milam presented [from McCombs' materials], was 'a crane operator behind the Texas School Book Depository [who] saw a heavy set man leave the Book Depository and go to a railroad flatcar,' presumably just before or after shots were fired at the motorcade." (https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/9183-possible-origin-of-hidell-name/)

Does any officer match that description?

David,  in reply, no I was not aware of the tape.  I've done a good bit of work on the three stationary cars I mentioned which were indeed on a spur in the rail yard and which were taken away within weeks or months as far as I could tell from  photos....the steam pipe to them remained in place for many years as did the spur line.  That is the same line which went under the cement railing on the overpass where the office who climbed over that burned his hand.  That movement of those cars was not really unusual since they were used in construction work which normally did not occur during the winter' which is probably why they were on that siding at the time..

I will say that I noticed that  in certain films, with a view towards the rail yard from the plaza, can be mistaken for a train - they are on the further-est track to the east so they show up first in views - but I never spent any time on the other areas you mentioned so have nothing to contribute.  It was most striking to me that some of the first officers into the yard climbed onto the cars to survey the rail yard itself but as far as I could tell never entered or searched the cars themselves.

I've did do a good bit of work on Bowers, his report of a man in a hopper car and what he said about train movements though the yard at the time of the assassination, the traffic hold, his reports to police, the timing of the hold on traffic and the first train which he released to go out across the bridge afterwards.  I've viewed various films in conjunction with that but that's been too long ago for me to make any worthwhile remarks just based on memory.

Sorry, nothing more to add from me...