The Education Forum

Which came first, the bus or the Rambler?

One more thing about the bus and taxi Oswald leaving the TSBD.

To those people who believe only in the Nash Rambler Oswald, I'd like to point out again that according to the Official Story®, the bus transfer was found just after 4 pm on 11/22.  Dallas Transit System Division Superintendent F.F. Yates immediately indicated that transfer #004459 came from a book of transfers issued that morning to Cecil McWatters.  Was Yates part of the conspiracy?  This hardly seems to be made up because…..

Just two hours later, McWatters was staring at LHO in a police lineup.  Regardless of what you think of the bus and taxi evidence, if this was all invented, how did it start so quickly in the way it apparently did?

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/14/2022 at 9:37 AM, John Butler said:

You can tell from the portions of the transcript of the witnesses that Oswald was hiding his address and eventually gave it up.  He never denied living on North Beckley.

John,

I've never been able to satisfy In my own mind, exactly which Oswald they were looking for.

Oswald was arrested at around 1:50 PM, and arrived back at Police Headquarters around 2:00 PM. Fritz began questioning him around 2:20 PM.

At 2:40 PM, W.E. Potts, B.L. Senkel and Lt. E.L. Cunningham were dispatched to 1026 N. Beckley. Potts wrote in his after-action report

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338564/m1/1/?q=Potts ]

that after he finished taking some affidavits, Fritz dispatched them to the Beckely St address at 2:40 and they arrived at Beckley at 3:00PM.

Detective B.L. Senkel also said in his after action report that they arrived at 1026 N. Beckley at 3:00PM.

But, when they got there...

WC testimony of Earlene Roberts April 8, 1964

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/robertse.htm

Mr. BALL. Do you remember the day the President was shot?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; I remember it---who would forget that?
Mr. BALL. And the police officers came out there?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Do you remember what they said?
Mrs. ROBERTS.
Well, it was Will Fritz' men---it was plainclothesmen and I was at the back doing something and Mr. Johnson answered the door and they identified themselves and then he called me.
Mr. BALL. What did they say?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, they asked him if there was a
Harvey Lee Oswald there.

Mr. BALL. And you didn't have that name you didn't ever know his name was Lee Oswald?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No---he registered as O. H. Lee and they were asking for
Harvey Lee Oswald.

According to Will Fritz, someone, whose name he could not remember gave him Oswald's Beckley address before he began interrogating Oswald:
(4H207)

Mr. FRITZ. When I started to talk to this prisoner or maybe just before I started to talk to him, some officer told me outside of my office that he had a room on Beckley, I don't know who that officer was, I think we can find out, I have since I have talked to you this morning I have talked to Lieutenant Baker and he says I know maybe who that officer was, but I am not sure yet.

What in the world is going on here?

Steve Thomas

7 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

John,

I've never been able to satisfy In my own mind, exactly which Oswald they were looking for.

Oswald was arrested at around 1:50 PM, and arrived back at Police Headquarters around 2:00 PM. Fritz began questioning him around 2:20 PM.

At 2:40 PM, W.E. Potts, B.L. Senkel and Lt. E.L. Cunningham were dispatched to 1026 N. Beckley. Potts wrote in his after-action report

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338564/m1/1/?q=Potts ]

that after he finished taking some affidavits, Fritz dispatched them to the Beckely St address at 2:40 and they arrived at Beckley at 3:00PM.

Detective B.L. Senkel also said in his after action report that they arrived at 1026 N. Beckley at 3:00PM.

But, when they got there...

WC testimony of Earlene Roberts April 8, 1964

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/robertse.htm

Mr. BALL. Do you remember the day the President was shot?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes; I remember it---who would forget that?
Mr. BALL. And the police officers came out there?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Do you remember what they said?
Mrs. ROBERTS.
Well, it was Will Fritz' men---it was plainclothesmen and I was at the back doing something and Mr. Johnson answered the door and they identified themselves and then he called me.
Mr. BALL. What did they say?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, they asked him if there was a
Harvey Lee Oswald there.

Mr. BALL. And you didn't have that name you didn't ever know his name was Lee Oswald?
Mrs. ROBERTS. No---he registered as O. H. Lee and they were asking for
Harvey Lee Oswald.

According to Will Fritz, someone, whose name he could not remember gave him Oswald's Beckley address before he began interrogating Oswald:
(4H207)

Mr. FRITZ. When I started to talk to this prisoner or maybe just before I started to talk to him, some officer told me outside of my office that he had a room on Beckley, I don't know who that officer was, I think we can find out, I have since I have talked to you this morning I have talked to Lieutenant Baker and he says I know maybe who that officer was, but I am not sure yet.

What in the world is going on here?

Steve Thomas

The two Oswalds act or interact in such a manner that it is difficult to pin down which one does what.  I have often thought that maybe Lee Oswald went to the Beckley address, but the evidence says Harvey.  Maybe they both used that address when the other would be absent. 

As far as Capt. Fritz is concerned, he does a song and dance whenever he chooses.  How reliable is his information or the things he said about Harvey Oswald?

As an example of the two Oswalds interacting, we have the evidence for two Oswalds at the TSBD.  These men were intelligence operatives.  They would have to have know in their mission what the other was doing so they didn't step on each others toes and expose themselves. 

I have in my thoughts Lee Oswald as Doorway Man which generated the need to alter Altgens 6.  And, Harvey Oswald on Elm Street taking photos of the p. limo (Martin film and two others) and later as Prayer Man (Couch film).

Harvey saying to Fritz that he was outside with Bill Shelley watching the parade is a good example of the alibi that could be created when needed.  Alibis were a main part of the double man/spy concept. 

4 hours ago, John Butler said:

The two Oswalds act or interact in such a manner that it is difficult to pin down which one does what. 

John,

Harvey Lee Oswald is a name, a file, a dossier. You see it surface in Mexico City, in Russia, and in the intelligence files of federal and local law enforcement agencies. It is different than the Harvey and Lee Oswald doppelgangers  of John Armstrong and Jim Hargrove.

Both Will Fritz and Jesse Curry told the WC that they didn't know who Lee Harvey Oswald was, and had no idea he was living in Dallas, and yet the first name on the list of TSBD employees was Harvey Lee Oswald who was living on Elsbeth St. (which had left in April, 1963). That address did not come from the Texas School Depository personnel records.

The list of TSBD employees reproduced in CE2003 can also be found in the Portal to Texas History

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth190982/?q=Texas%20School%20Book%20Depository%20employees

This list was drawn up by the Special Service Bureau of the Dallas Criminal Intelligence Division.

Sheriff Decker's file on the assassination, given to the Warren Commission list the assailant's name as "Harvey Lee Oswald"

(12H51) (CE 5323) Deposition of Sheriff Decker dark brown heavy folder with a label on the outside: Harvey Lee Oswald.

The name's origins are shrouded in mystery and its purposes are unknown.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

57 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Harvey Lee Oswald is a name, a file, a dossier. You see it surface in Mexico City, in Russia, and in the intelligence files of federal and local law enforcement agencies. It is different than the Harvey and Lee Oswald doppelgangers  of John Armstrong and Jim Hargrove.

Steve,

I am a believer in more than two people besides Harvey and Lee in the Oswald Project.  I believe there was more than two operatives.  But, there is not enough proof to say there are more than two.  Isn't the Harvey Lee Oswald identification wrapped up in the mole hunt by James Angleton.

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

The name's origins are shrouded in mystery and its purposes are unknown.

It would be nice to figure that out.  The more you dig into Oswald you find mysterious things like his records being kept by the US Army in Korea with the 2nd Inf Div intelligence.  

It is different than the Harvey and Lee Oswald doppelgangers  of John Armstrong and Jim Hargrove.

But, that too is wrapped up in the mystery of Harvey and Lee.  Wasn't this information given to the DPD by an Army colonel or am I mis-remembering how the DPD got that name an address.  

59 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Steve,

Wasn't this information given to the DPD by an Army colonel or am I mis-remembering how the DPD got that name an address.  

John,

Which address? The Beckley, or the Elsbeth?

Hosty had the Elsbeth St. address back in April.

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

John,

Which address? The Beckley, or the Elsbeth?

Hosty had the Elsbeth St. address back in April.

Steve Thomas

Isn't that the 602 or 605 Bentley address.  Harvey Lee Oswald is associated with the Bentley address.

17 hours ago, John Butler said:

But, that too is wrapped up in the mystery of Harvey and Lee.  Wasn't this information given to the DPD by an Army colonel or am I mis-remembering how the DPD got that name an address.  

It’s kind of weird that no mail forwarding instructions were ever released for both the Elsbeth and W. Neely addresses.

Lieutenant Jack Revill was gathering information on Oswald and prepared a list of TSBD employees and their addresses. On Oswald's employment application at the TSBD, and his W-4 form, he listed his address as 2515 W. 5th Street, Irving, Texas 41But Lieutenant Revill listed his name as Harvey Lee Oswald and his address as 605 Elsbeth. Oswald had not lived on Elsbeth since March 1963 and there was nothing related to the Elsbeth address in TSBD records.42 1t remains unknown where Lieutenant Revill obtained this address, although the address may have come from Oswald's library card. (H&L p. 901)

The handwritten note on the document below is John A’s and says, “The same transposed name and erroneous address found in military intel files!”

Employees.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Lieutenant Jack Revill was gathering information on Oswald and prepared a list of TSBD employees and their addresses. On Oswald's employment application at the TSBD, and his W-4 form, he listed his address as 2515 W. 5th Street, Irving, Texas 41But Lieutenant Revill listed his name as Harvey Lee Oswald and his address as 605 Elsbeth. Oswald had not lived on Elsbeth since March 1963 and there was nothing related to the Elsbeth address in TSBD records.42 1t remains unknown where Lieutenant Revill obtained this address, although the address may have come from Oswald's library card. (H&L p. 901)

The handwritten note on the document below is John A’s and says, “The same transposed name and erroneous address found in military intel files!”

Jim,

CE 2003 located in (24H259) is the list submitted to Captain Gannaway through Jack Revill of TSBD employees.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1140#relPageId=277&tab=page

It is dated November 22, 1963. Heading that list is Harvey Lee Oswald at 605 Elsbeth. The Report submitted to Gannaway says it is coming thru Jack Revill. Page 3 of CE 2003, found on page 260, is signed by R.W. Westphal, Detective, Criminal Intelligence Section and P.M. Parks, Detective, Administrative Section. R.W. Westphal and P.M. Parks were both Detectives in the Special Service Bureau. Carroll and Taylor were also Detectives in that Bureau. W.P. Gannaway was the Captain and Revill was one of the Lieutenants. Westphal had been assigned by Captain Gannaway to the Trade Mart on November 22nd. along with with Revill.

The list of employees and their addresses were drawn up by Westphal and Parks, but Revill said he got the address from Bob Carroll. If, for the sake of argument, Revill got the Elsbeth address from Carroll, where did the name Harvey Lee Oswald come from? That's not the name on the library card. Unless Revill or Westphal got the name wrong as well as the address.

I was looking at this list of employees and something hit me. The list was compiled by Roy Westphal, Detective, Criminal Intelligence Section and P.M. Parks, Detective, Administrative Section, and given to Jack Revill. Westphal and Parks were both Detectives in the Special Service Bureau.

The second column has the abbreviations at the top that says, "REF. INT". at the top.

Most of the names have NONE listed, but there are three names that have a number alongside their name. I always thought that the INT at the top of the column meant Interview, but then I remembered something. In the book, No More Silence by Larry Sneed, Westphal says that later in the evening on the 22nd, he and Parks had returned to their office at the Fairgrounds to write up their Report of their days activities. While they were there, Gannaway called them and asked them to cross-reference the list of TSBD employees against the CID's Intelligence Files. When they did, they recognized Joe Molina's name. Gannaway told them to bring the whole file downtown.

https://books.google.com/books?id=7uT-47ysB5MC&pg=PA326&lpg=PA326&dq=Dallas+"+Roy+Westphal"&source=bl&ots=eii6yRhLo8&sig=nr0C2_dukxaBfdcQiFnDLg3ugKM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt-9Xpi8nRAhVpwFQKHZBBDX0Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Dallas " Roy Westphal"&f=false

I realized that the "INT" at the top of the second column stands for "Intelligence", not "Interview".

Besides Molina, there are two other names with a number alongside their name: a Mrs. J.E. Dean, and a Mrs. Oliver Hopson. I can't make out the number next to Mrs. Hopson, but I'll bet you that those numbers are DPD Intelligence File numbers. Mrs. Joseph Eddie Dean gave a statement to the FBI on 11/24/63.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/exhibits/ce1427.htm

Mrs. Alvin Hopson also was interviewed by the FBI on 12/4/63.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/exhibits/ce2085.htm

I wonder why those two women would be in the Dallas Police Department Intelligence files. Their husbands maybe? Were they associated with the ACLU (one of the groups that the Special Service Bureau was monitoring – see Revill’s memo to Curry about the 14 groups)?

With Harvey Lee Oswald, living at 605 Elsbeth is listed as having NONE alongside his name, this would indicate that Oswald was not in their Intelligence files, and that that information had come from somewhere else.

Roy Westphal in No More Silence by Larry Sneed:

https://books.google.com/books?id=7uT-47ysB5MC&pg=PA326&lpg=PA326&dq=Dallas+%22+Roy+Westphal%22&source=bl&ots=eii6yRhLo8&sig=nr0C2_dukxaBfdcQiFnDLg3ugKM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt-9Xpi8nRAhVpwFQKHZBBDX0Q6AEIHDAA#v=onepage&q=Dallas%20%22%20Roy%20Westphal%22&f=false

Says that it is his understanding the Hosty was trying to recruit Oswald as an informant because he had been to Russia. Says it didn't pan out.

He had gone home and realized that he hadn't written his Report on the man at the Trade Mart wanting to wave a “Free Cuba” sign and was denied that opportunity. He picked up Preston Parks and returned to the “office which was in a little building at Fair Park”. “As I was writing the Report, the Captain called and wanted to check the School Book Depository employee list with our files. We hand handwritten, partial lists; some of them you couldn't read the names. But we did find one, a member of the American GI Forum. The Captain then instructed me to bring the entire file down to his office.”

He recognized Joe Molina and helped serve a search warrant on him, but does not say anything about Harvey Lee Oswald and the 605 Elsbeth St. address.

V. J. Brian addresses this list of TSBD Employees in his WC testimony. He was also a member of the Special Service Bureau

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/brian.htm

Mr. BRIAN. He (Revill) told him (Curry), short and very quick, that they, (the FBI) knew that Oswald was a Communist and that he was in the Book Depository, and he (Curry) said, "Write a report and get it back to me right now." And he went right back and wrote a report. I forgot about the whole incident, I didn't think it would be important and I didn't--well, in fact, I didn't have time to because when I got back there they had a list of names they were going to start checking out and they handed me six of them and says, "Start going and checking here and here and here and checking these people." So I never did dwell on it again.”

Lieutenant Jack Revill testified before the Warren Commission on May 13, 1964. (Bob Carroll had already testified a month earlier – see below)

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/revill2.htm

The questioning concerns a Report that Revill wrote out at approximately 3:30 to 3:35 on the afternoon of the 22nd concerning Lee Harvey Oswald at 605 Elsbeth St.

This Report is CE 709 at (17H495)

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1134#relPageId=521&tab=page

Mr. REVILL. That is what they gave me.
Mr. RANKIN. You found that out?
Mr. DULLES. This is an address he once lived at.
Mr. RANKIN. Do you know that?
Mr. DULLES. This is correct. I want to find out what he knows about it.

Notice the interplay between Rankin and Dulles. Dulles seems to know about the Elsbeth St. address and he wants to know how Revill knows about it.

Mr. DULLES. Could I ask a question? Where did you get this address that you put on of 605 Elsbeth Street, do you recall?
Mr. REVILL. Yes, sir; from Detective E. B. Carroll or Detective Taylor.
Mr. DULLES. Are they subordinates?
Mr. REVILL. No; they are detectives assigned to the special service bureau. One of them works the narcotics squad and one of them is assigned to the vice unit.
Mr. DULLES. You never ascertained where they got it?
Mr. REVILL. No, sir; this might be the address that they got from Oswald, I do not know. I never even thought about it until you brought up the point that this is not the address.
Mr. DULLES. Can you find out where they got this address?
Mr. REVILL. Yes, sir; I can.
Mr. DULLES. I think that would be useful. I would like to know that. I would like to know where they got this address also.

Mr. REVILL. It would have been the same day because this was made within an hour----

The CHAIRMAN. I think that is all. Thank you, again, lieutenant.
Mr. REVILL. I will attempt to find out on that address, and I shall let Mr. Sorrels know, with Secret Service.

It's Dulles, not Rankin who keeps pushing Revill where he got this address. Is Dulles concerned that Revill knew about a connection of a Harvey Lee Oswald to Elsbeth St, and how Revill would know about that? Just about the time when Revill would have revealed when he obtained this address, he is cut off.

Warren Commission Document# 948 is a memo from Sorrels to Inspector Kelley dated May 19, 1964.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11344#relPageId=2&tab=page

In that memo, Sorrels says that Revill contacted Sorrels (it does not say how this contact was made), and said that Revill told him he got the 605 Elsbeth address orally from Bob Carroll. As the driver of the car that took Oswald from the Theater to the police station, Carroll allegedly looked back over his shoulder and read the address off a Dallas Public Library card that had been removed from Oswald's billfold by one of the officers in the back seat. Carroll allegedly said that he misread the number as 605 instead of 602.

This is six days after Revilll's WC testimony, and one month after Bob Carroll told the WC that no mention of an address had been made in the car transporting Oswald to City Hall.

Detective Bob Carroll's testimony before the Warren Commission April 3, 1964

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/carroll.htm

Mr. BELIN. Did he give two names? Or did someone in the car read from the identification?
Mr. CARROLL. Someone in the car may have read from the identification. I know two names, the best I recall, were mentioned.

Mr. BELIN. Were any addresses mentioned?
Mr. CARROLL. Not that I recall; no, sir.

In their after-action reports filed with Chief Curry on December 3rd, neither Caroll (Portal to Texas History)

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340230/m1/1/?q=Bob%20Carroll nor Detective E.E. Taylor, Special Services Bureau, Narcotics Section (Portal to Texas History) https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340230/m1/1/?q=E.E.%20Taylor make any mention of giving Revill Oswald’s address.

Why does Revill’s Report (CE 709) and the List of Employees (CE 2003) both stop at Elsbeth? There is no indication of Neely (where Oswald moved in March), or of New Orleans, or of Oswald’s return from Mexico and subsequent move to Marsalis?

It seems clear that the pipeline of information showing Oswald living on Elsbeth is not coming through Revill and Brian. I think it’s coming through George Bouhe and the White Russian Community. Look who Lumpkin and Crichton turned to when trying to find an interpreter for Marina – Ilya Mamantov. Elsbeth was the last known address George Bouhe had for Oswald.

The FBI knew about Neely, but Geroge Bouhe didn’t.

Robert Jomes told the HSCA that the 112th INTC had information about Oswald in New Orleans because of his leafletting down there, but George Bouhe didn’t. He said he had “lost all communication with them”.

From the WC testimony of George Bouhe:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bouhe.htm

Mr. LIEBELER - As far as you know, the next place that Oswald lived after he moved out of the YMCA was in the Oak Cliff section of Dallas?
Mr. BOUHE - Madison is around the corner from somewhere he ultimately lived.
Mr. LIEBELER - He ultimately lived at 604 Elsbeth?
Mr. BOUHE - And on my card I have a date of November the 2d, 1962, that he found this apartment and moved there, but that I heard from others because by that time I lost all communication with them; didn't talk to him; didn't ask him anything, and he didn't call me.

Mr. LIEBELER - That would have been in November 1962, would it not, Mr. Bouhe, that he moved to the apartment you are speaking of?
Mr. BOUHE - Yes; and I would say that is pretty good because I think the FBI agent told me they proved that, or something.

On November 28, 1963 George Bouhe was interviewed by SA John Flanagan about any possible relationship between Jack Ruby and Lee Oswald.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10672&relPageId=400&search=Bouhe

In the course of the interview, Bouhe "produced a card on which he kept addresses and this card bore the notation dated November 1, 1963, 602 Elsbeth..."

Following his residence at the YMCA, he said Oswald secured a room in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, but he could not recall this address, nor did he have a record of it in his papers. At this point Mr. Bouhe produced a card on which he kept addresses.”

1963 is a typo. This should be 1962

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

It’s kind of weird that no mail forwarding instructions were ever released for both the Elsbeth and W. Neely addresses.

Employees.jpg

Jim,

Thanks for your note.  The older I get the fuzzier are the details of things I haven't looked at in a while.  Was there ever an address of 602 Bently associated with Oswald?  

20 hours ago, John Butler said:

Isn't the Harvey Lee Oswald identification wrapped up in the mole hunt by James Angleton.

I thought that the name Lee Henry Oswald was used in the mole hunt.

Edited by Dan Rice

Just now, Dan Rice said:

I thought that the name Lee Henry Oswald in the mole hunt.

The name Harvey Lee Oswald had to come from somewhere.  As far as finding out from the DPD, that's a no go.  It had to come from a higher source.  I wasn't sure about that being a mole hunt name.  Thanks for that.

While they were there, Gannaway called them and asked them to cross-reference the list of TSBD employees against the CID's Intelligence Files. When they did, they recognized Joe Molina's name. Gannaway told them to bring the whole file downtown.

Fascinating!  Why on earth would Capt. Gannaway want the list of TSBD employees to be cross-referenced against CID Intel files? Makes me think of William Weston’s work searching for Intel ties to the TSBD.

And why didn’t the employee list include either member of the Dynamic Duo® starring William Shelley and Billy Lovelady? Did I miss both names?  I don’t think so.

Bill Shelley was LHO’s supervisor, fer cryn’ out loud.  In a 1989 letter Dallas journalist Elzie Glaze described interviews with another TSBD employee who had worked under Shelley and Glaze said that this employee indicated that “Mr. Shelley claims to have been an intelligence officer during World War II and thereafter joined the CIA." 

If you pay a bit of attention, this is all getting pretty smelly.  Again, the absence of Shelley and Lovelady from the list of TSBD employees is weird!  "Harvey Lee Oswald" is just part of the weirdness here.

1 hour ago, Dan Rice said:

I thought that the name Lee Henry Oswald was used in the mole hunt.

Dan,

The name Harvey Oswald appears all across the Intelligence Community spectrum;

FBI, CIA, State Department, Secret Service...

a)

Final Report of the Assassinations Records Review Board September 30, 1998

Chapter 6 Part 1: The Quest for Additional Information and Records in Federal Government Offices

p. 83

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=3611&relPageId=106&search=%22Harvey_Lee%20Oswald%22

“The Review Board also sought to determine whether the FBI maintained a file in Mexico City on a “Harvey Lee Oswald” under the file number 105-2137.... Some of the documents in the (Mexico Ciity Legal Attache) Legat's file contain notations for routing records to a file numbered 105-2137, and were captioned “Harvey Lee Oswald”, but it did not find such a file.”

b)

Peter Dale Scott before the ARRB: October 11, 1994.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=145535&search=105-2137#relPageId=36&tab=page

p. 36.

“I want to suggest to you that the FBI may have been tracking all of this in a file which I am quite sure has never been seen by the Warren Commission, never been seen by the House Committee, and never certainly by me or by the Archives today. I have found a reference to it in a cover sheet which I am going to leave with you. It is Mexico City File 105-2137, which is then struck out and replaced with a different file number with a different name, Lee Harvey Oswald. I hope you will pursue that original file. I predict that it will lead to some third agency which has been protected in here...”

c)

Letter from Petr Dale Scott to John Newman

http://jfkcountercoup2.blogspot.com/2017/10/additional-missing-jfk-assassination.html

Dear John,

“In fact, the cover sheet mentioning this file is available from the Mary Ferrell Foundation website. It is NARA RIF124-10029-10270, FBI serial MX 105-3702-254. It is from “Wesley” [SA Howard D. Wesley], has the title “Information re Allegations re Oswald case,” and (apart from still classified cross-file references) contains only this reference: “105-2137, [corrected manually in ink to “3702”] (Harvy Lee Oswald).” (It makes no reference to “Lee Harvey Oswald.”)3.

3. At the time I did not know who Wesley was. But other FBI “Harvey Lee Oswald” records identify him as SA Howard D. Wesley, then at the FBI Mexican branch office in Monterrey.”

OSWALD CASE-REFERENCE IS MADE TO THE ATTACHED C

d)

COPY OF AN INCOMING STATE DEPARTMENT TELEGRAM DATED 19 DECEMBER 1963, IN CONNECTION WITH THE HARVEY LEE OSWALD CASE

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=5921&search=%22Harvey_Lee+Oswald%22#relPageId=2&tab=page

DRAFT OF MEMO TO WARREN COMMISSION TRANSMITTING INFO PREVIO

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95799&relPageId=5&search=%22Harvey_Lee%20Oswald%22

page 5

“The CIA Mexico City Station had discovered that the following individuals departing Mexico by air during early November might be identical with Harvey Lee Oswald

(early November?)

e)

Commission Document 498 - SS Rowley Memorandum of 13 Mar 1964 Forwarding Reports

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10898&search=%22Harvey_Lee+Oswald%22#relPageId=37&tab=page

pp. 37-38. The Report is titled, Harvey Lee Oswald.

Steve Thomas