The Education Forum

Michel Gagne: On Not Thinking Critically

One of the truly awful books written of late.  And it was released through a publishing house, not self published.   Which means someone reviewed it.

How the heck they let this thing pass is scary.  Its like the ARRB never existed.  But it did.  

He specifically goes after Aguilar and Mantik.  Dave Mantik will write his own review for that reason.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/michel-gagne-on-not-thinking-critically

• 3 weeks later...

David Mantik joined in on my demolition of Michel Gagne.

His review is much longer than mine as its in two parts.

Its also a bit more personal since Gagne singled him out more than once in his book.

I think Dave replied more than adequately.  its important to snuff out these WC defenders quickly.

Nice job Dave.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/gagne-desperately-dispenses-cpr-for-the-lone-gunman-part-1

On 5/1/2022 at 2:14 AM, James DiEugenio said:

One of the truly awful books written of late.  And it was released through a publishing house, not self published.   Which means someone reviewed it.

How the heck they let this thing pass is scary.  Its like the ARRB never existed.  But it did.  

He specifically goes after Aguilar and Mantik.  Dave Mantik will write his own review for that reason.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/michel-gagne-on-not-thinking-critically

Who is the "they," Jim? I've talked to several published historians and they assured me that the era of the fact-checker is long-passed, and that anyone can pretty much write anything and no one will check it. We've seen this in the Heymann books where he presents incredible information which he purports to have received from people long dead before they were dead, via a phone call, and that's that. And, of course, on the CT side, we have Kurtz' book published by a University press where he cited numerous interviews with sources that were already dead at the time of the interviews. It's the Wild West. No one cares.

G: “A 6.5 mm Mannlicher-Carcano rifle was also found stashed between stacks of boxes.” (28) “No evidence of 7.65-millimeter bullets, casings, or fragments [sic] was ever found anywhere in the TSBD or Dealey Plaza.” (283)

DM: G cites the several policemen who initially described a different weapon. Weitzman described the weapon that he and Boone discovered as “a 7.65 Mauser bolt action, equipped with a 4/18 scope, a thick leather brownish-black sling on it.” (Click here for details) But, of course, G fails to cite the report of my friend, Noel Twyman, who during the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB), discovered a receipt for a 7.65 mm Mauser shell recovered from Dealey Plaza. The shell was found between November 22 and December 2, 1963.[15]

Interesting.

Thanks Denny.

By "they" I mean Routledge Press.

Why would any publishing house of any repute publish a book like this today.