The Education Forum

More Good News--DVD Two pack

Oliver Stone's JFK documentary films, JFK Revisited and JFK: Destiny Betrayed, are coming out after the Quebec City event, about the time as the book.

But man this price is a steal: you get 6 hours, both versions of the film, plus Oliver and me on a commentary track.  

For a bit over 30 bucks?  😇

Shout Factory does good work in this field also.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/jfk-revisited-the-complete-collection?product_id=7846

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news indeed. I am eager to own and see it. Shout! Factory also

has a sparkling edition of ROCK 'N' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL, whose

tenuous connection with the assassination is that one of the theaters

where it opened in 1979 was the Texas Theatre in Oak Cliff.

In other words, the window on the film was actually 13 months, not a year.  That is from debut to DVD.

Just extraordinary.  I give Oliver so much credit for doing so much work to sell this project.  At one time he was doing three interviews per day, when the four parter came out.

So the film had a debut at Cannes, sold to ten countries there, was broadcast on a tier one cable company, Showtime, which will have it into next year, and both versions are being sold on more than one streaming platform.  And we will have the huge event in Quebec next month before the book and DVD are sold to the public.

I really cannot complain.  My only regret is the four parter not being sold to a tier one cable company in the US. (It did sell that way in foreign markets.)

But outside of that, man, no JFK documentary has ever performed like this.  And I think it helped the Thompson film and Max Good's film by opening the door.  Which had been closed.

I just want to see if its going to retail in Sri Lanka.

25 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Oliver Stone's JFK documentary films, JFK Revisited and JFK: Destiny Betrayed, are coming out after the Quebec City event, about the time as the book.

But man this price is a steal: you get 6 hours, both versions of the film, plus Oliver and me on a commentary track.  

For a bit over 30 bucks?  😇

Shout Factory does good work in this field also.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/jfk-revisited-the-complete-collection?product_id=7846

This sounds fantastic! Cannot wait!

Glad to hear of the widespread impact of the documentary, Jim.

Excellent work by you and Oliver Stone. It does show that

the interest in the subject continues strong -- even in

the USA.

Edited by Joseph McBride

Yes it does.  Contrary to what the MSM wants you to think.

I am also glad that Max Good got his  Ruth Paine film out at around the same time that ours is going to sunset.

Really something to get three films out in the same year on this case.  Especially after they slaughtered us at the 50th.

This is unfortunate.

I just learned there will be no DVD distributed directly in the UK.

Get this: the reason is they don't make money on them.

Wow.  This is how much the market has changed.  I guess streaming has knocked off the DVD market in a really significant way.  I remember the days when DVD ruled. Movies made more money on that sometimes than they did theatrically.

So I guess if you live in UK, you will have to order from either the USA or Australia.  Down under they are going with a DVD release.  Man did Oliver just take over that continent with this documentary.  The four hour one went over like gangbusters there.  Thanks to the Aussies.  The gift that keeps on giving.

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is unfortunate.

Wow.  This is how much the market has changed.  I guess streaming has knocked off the DVD market in a really significant way.  I remember the days when DVD ruled. Movies made more money on that sometimes than they did theatrically.

So I guess if you live in UK, you will have to order from either the USA or Australia.  Down under they are going with a DVD release.  Man did Oliver just take over that continent with this documentary.  The four hour one went over like gangbusters there.  Thanks to the Aussies.  The gift that keeps on giving.

I love DVDs and Blu Rays and, as with cds, I must have a physical copy; the heck with streaming or the cloud. Having said that, I noticed a huge discount bin of DVDs the other day at Walmart with many high profile A-list movies included, so they weren't just cruddy B or C movies.

7 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is unfortunate.

after how the BBC-2 treated/did to Mark Lane's and Emile de Antonio's film Rush to Judgement (I believe it aired in 4 parts) in London Jan '67, and on bended knee to Brother Arlen Spector? I'd of told the BBC to go fly a kite, we have a long memory...

The thought always pops into my mind, from *Penn Jones: "I really believe that the only way you can believe the Warren Report is NOT to read it." (emphasis mine)

* from a Citizens Dissent by Mark Lane 67/68?

James DiEugenio writes:

I just learned there will be no DVD distributed directly in the UK. ... So I guess if you live in UK, you will have to order from either the USA or Australia.

Thanks for the update. It's a surprising decision, given that the 60th anniversary isn't far away and there are plenty of areas in the UK that don't yet have fast internet access.

Its surprising to me also.

I hope its not political.  

The thing is, in the hey day of the DVD domain, that was such a huge market that the studio would actually give the director or producer more money, like into the six figures, to add supplements to the DVD package to make it more enticing to buy.  But the streaming market I guess has really knocked the whole DVD thing for a loop.

That's really too bad in our case since we really could have put together a nice supplement package. 

20 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is unfortunate.

Not necessarily because some dvds do not work in other zones or regions.  

Yes I know that whole PAL thing right?

Which i have never understood.