Jump to content
The Education Forum

Video: Destroying the "jet effect"


Recommended Posts

Well, hell. The second example--which I've had on my website for a dozen years or so--shows that a head suddenly jerked in one direction by a bullet can almost as suddenly jerk back towards the shooter due to the elastic recoil of the neck.

IOW, Alvarez embarrassed himself by claiming this motion was due to the "jet effect", and Nalli embarrassed himself as well. 

Of course, few on the CT side will recognize this fact because it conflicts with their own dogma holding that the back-and-to-the-left motion proves the shot came from the right front. There's also the question of location. As the main movement of Kennedy's head upon impact is downward, and not forward, it seems likely the bullet impacted near the top of his head, at the supposed exit. 

And that's because it did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the first clip from Penn and Teller the melon rolls very gently off the rear of the platform. Not easy to see how little  force there is when they cut to slow motion. But as soon as the melon is off the platform it is falling almost straight down.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

In the first clip from Penn and Teller the melon rolls very gently off the rear of the platform. Not easy to see how little  force there is when they cut to slow motion. But as soon as the melon is off the platform it is falling almost straight down.
 

Isn't the problem with the melons on a board that the head is attached to the neck and to get an accurate reaction they should have either suspended the melon with string or attached it to a spring?

In other words - any strike on the melon that produces some backspin, like on a cue ball in pool, will cause the melon to roll backwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

z-312-gil-jesus.jpg

 

Z 312 in Gil Jesus' film has a fine example of the black patch.  It is not as good as the one produced by Andrej Stancak.  If you go back to other Zapruder frames prior to this one you will also see the black patch.

What does that mean?  It means that the long-term, continual argument about whether Kennedy's head moved this way or that way is based upon fraudulent information.  It means that Kennedy was shot in the head prior to the events of Z 313 and frames following that frame.  This is something that most folks will discount because it invalidates much of their work based upon frames Z 313 and after. 

The statement above that says the Z film is contains fraudulent information and is backed up by witness statements.  How many?  Somewhere over 90.  I will have to go back for an exact count in an earlier work.  The problem with these witness statements is that they are in the minority.  And, being in the minority they are discounted as not relevant.  How can that be done?  As and example, Toni Glover said she saw the President's head explode as the p. limo turned the corner of Houston onto Elm.  Who would believe a 11 year old girl?  Or, 90+ people saying something different that the almighty, pristine and unaltered Z film?   

The Z film is an altered piece of trash that in part was designed to change people's memories of what actually happened in Dealey Plaza.  It is a psychological attack on the witnesses who saw something different from what is seen in the Z film.  It is disinformation of the worse sort. 

 

Edited by John Butler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Isn't the problem with the melons on a board that the head is attached to the neck and to get an accurate reaction they should have either suspended the melon with string or attached it to a spring?

As I understand it melons were used along with other objects filled with water.  Did any of the objects have a wooden container filled with say some cereal such as oatmeal or some tissue like animal brain matter?  I would think you would get a better recreation with something like that.  So much thickness of wood would equal so much thickness of bone.  The more solid material such as oatmeal or animal brains would represent the actual human brain tissue.  I think one would get closer that way to a human head and brain.

That is the problem with shooting objects like those shown in the film.  They are not the real thing and the comparison is not the real thing.

Edited by John Butler
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Isn't the problem with the melons on a board that the head is attached to the neck and to get an accurate reaction they should have either suspended the melon with string or attached it to a spring?

In other words - any strike on the melon that produces some backspin, like on a cue ball in pool, will cause the melon to roll backwards.

I write about the melon and skull tests on my website. The melon test on Penn and Teller's BS was BS. If you look closely, a round melon is sitting on a small table with a small centralized base. The impact of the bullet expands the melon on its exit side and rocks the table slightly forward, and the explosion of the goo unbalances the melon, with a big hole on the exit side. This causes the melon to roll back towards the shooter at the same time the table is falling back into place. The result? The melon rolls off the table in the direction of the shooter. 

I think they knew damn well what they were doing They were professional tricksters after all. Dr. Lattimer may have just been ignorant. In any event, his skull tests were also BS. By putting the skulls on ladders, the forward impact was absorbed by the ladder, which rocked forward each and every time while the skulls essentially bounced off the ladder back towards the shooter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

I write about the melon and skull tests on my website. The melon test on Penn and Teller's BS was BS. If you look closely, a round melon is sitting on a small table with a small centralized base. The impact of the bullet expands the melon on its exit side and rocks the table slightly forward, and the explosion of the goo unbalances the melon, with a big hole on the exit side. This causes the melon to roll back towards the shooter at the same time the table is falling back into place. The result? The melon rolls off the table in the direction of the shooter. 

I think they knew damn well what they were doing They were professional tricksters after all. Dr. Lattimer may have just been ignorant. In any event, his skull tests were also BS. By putting the skulls on ladders, the forward impact was absorbed by the ladder, which rocked forward each and every time while the skulls essentially bounced off the ladder back towards the shooter. 

 

The ladder goes forward!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

 

The ladder goes forward!

I'll give credit where credit is due. The first person to comment on the movement of the ladders to my knowledge was Wallace Milam, who pointed this out in a presentation at the 1993 Chicago conference. With Lattimer in attendance. As I recall Lattimer had no response. Perhaps he knew he didn't need to respond because he knew acolytes and idiots would continue citing his GIGO nonsense for decades. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Isn't the problem with the melons on a board that the head is attached to the neck and to get an accurate reaction they should have either suspended the melon with string or attached it to a spring?

In other words - any strike on the melon that produces some backspin, like on a cue ball in pool, will cause the melon to roll backwards.

I think those are problems too. I have seen at least one test where the entry is towards the bottom of the melon and that can definitely cause it to roll backwards. The biggest problem imo is Lattimer's lack of credibility.
 In an uncropped version of the ladder film there is a hose running from a tank in the background to somewhere under the ladder. When the explosion happens a section of the hose looks like it is leaking something under pressure. I would not be surprised if the whole thing was rigged with compressed air.
 

Edited by Chris Bristow
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Chris Bristow said:

I think those are problems too. I have seen at least one test where the entry is towards the bottom of the melon and that can definitely cause it to roll backwards. The biggest problem imo is Lattimer's lack of credibility.
 In an uncropped version of the ladder film there is a hose running from a tank in the background to somewhere under the ladder. When the explosion happens a section of the hose looks like it is leaking something under pressure. I would not be surprised if the hole thing was rigged with compressed air.
 

Chris:  Agreed.  But. . . please correct spelling error: "...if the whole thing..."  etc. DSL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...