The Education Forum

"The Assassination & Mrs. Paine" comes out this month

As a resident of the Fort Worth (born there) suburbs and general area most of my life I'd never heard of the San Antonio Film Festival.  From the "Highlights" on the site I see it's been around now 28 years.  I also noted Cybil Sheppard, Cheech Martin, Director of Red Dawn and The Outsiders, an animator on Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Alladin and Mulan.     

It looks like a good launching pad for further exposure for the film.  Wish it was closer, I'd attend.  Best of luck. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/23/2022 at 7:22 PM, James DiEugenio said:

Max deserves so much credit for doing this.

I mean, the guy had almost no money, no crew to speak of, and it took him several years to complete it.

But he finished the film.  And its getting a lot of attention, more than I thought it would.  I actually think it has given him a name in the independent world of film.  For sheer perseverance, he deserves kudos.  He is making the film festival rounds and the streamers.

This caps off a two year run for our side that has been kind of unprecedented since 1993.  If you recall, that is when Bob Loomis and Harry Evans decided to dump a ton of money into an American tour for Jerry Posner and his flatulent book Case Closed. This was done to close down the ripples from Oliver Stone's JFK and turn the 30th into a mindless and mendacious Warren Report orgy.  Capped off by Gus Russo and Dale Myers and the late MIke Sullivan's horrible belittling of Sebastian La Tona. And, as I have argued, this could not have been a mistake. (And let us not forget Myers and OMG, Tatum.)

That piece of rubbish set the tone for every network and cable show for decades to come.

But in the last two years we have had the Thompson ABC O and O special, with Gary Aguilar, Tink and Doug DeSalles, JFK Revisited and JFK: Destiny Betrayed, both national and worldwide successes which attracted the attention of tens of millions; and now Max Good, opening up a whole new angle to the public that was all but hidden before.

That shows you, this case will not go away.  How could it with what the Warren Report did.

Keep the foot on the gas. I know in 93, not only Posner, but it seemed every major magazine went after Stone. TV Specials like Peter Jennings and eventually a bunch of cable specials. None ever seemed to have specials with conspiracy views. We need more - exploring evidence that just can't be disputed. Keep writing - keep talking. Thankfully Youtube exists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 12:44 PM, Max Good said:

After seven years of work, the film is finally being released to the public on June 14.  It's available for pre-order now on iTunes and any sales will really help the film rise up the charts and give it better exposure.  If you're excited to see it, please consider pre-ordering and spreading the word.  Anyone in the Bay Area is also invited to the local premiere at the Roxie Theater next Tuesday, June 7 at 6:30pm as part of the SF Docfest Film Festival.  There will be a Q&A after the show.

UPDATE

The film is now available to rent or buy on:

iTunes

Amazon

Vimeo

Google Play

Much thanks to many of you here who have participated and supported the project over the years.  It has been a thoroughly independent production and a labor of love.  Anyone accusing me of doing this for the money doesn't understand the economics of independent documentary film.

I get the impression that the film will be sparking many heated discussions!

Congrats on another great JFK doc that follows in the footsteps of JFK Revisited.

I learned for the first time that Mrs. Paine came from a family of virulent anti-communists and she agreed with them.

I’m glad you pressed her at the end at her complete lack of curiosity regarding the conspiracy evidence in this case.

And I’m glad you got her reaction showing her family’s clear connections to the CIA.

I don’t know what she knows or what she doesn’t, or how witting or unwitting she may be regarding agency influence in her actions.

But it’s strange as Jim’s K&K story points out that the Oswald family had CIA-connected ‘handlers’ before and after JFKA.

Hard to believe Ruth wasn’t used as one as well between GDM and Priscilla, whether she admits or even realizes it.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy