The Education Forum

New Photographic Proof: Todd's Initials on 399!

2 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

From an aged-like-milk comment from James D :

Todd's initials are not on it.  We have that from both John, through the photos, and Dave Mantik who held the exhibit in his hand.  Plus Dave's  colleague also had it in his hand and inspected it. Plus we have another witness through Stu. 

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27467-c399-and-elmer-todds-initials/page/2/

The photos made available by John were not taken from this angle. He may have had other photos, but it appears they disappeared when he died. (His family made a lot of files and articles available to researchers, but the raw image files of the JFK evidence John scanned were not among them.)  

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

While the photos in John's article were taken from different angles than the new one showing the ET, I think I see the T on John's photos right where it is on the newer photos. 

2 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

From an aged-like-milk comment from James D :

Todd's initials are not on it.  We have that from both John, through the photos, and Dave Mantik who held the exhibit in his hand.  Plus Dave's  colleague also had it in his hand and inspected it. Plus we have another witness through Stu. 

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27467-c399-and-elmer-todds-initials/page/2/

Does anyone know when Mantik held this exhibit in his hand? I'm pretty sure I've read all of his articles, but don't recall his saying he actually held non-medical evidence in his hands until just recently. 

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

While the photos in John's article were taken from different angles than the new one showing the ET, I think I see the T on John's photos right where it is on the newer photos. 

Thank you for that Pat. Like Denis, I couldn't see anything but maybe it was my old eyes. 

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

The photos made available by John were not taken from this angle. He may have had other photos, but it appears they disappeared when he died. (His family made a lot of files and articles available to researchers, but the raw image files of the JFK evidence John scanned were not among them.)  

Gary Murr has said that he still holds exclusive information from John Hunt that has yet to be made available on the internet - https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27791-was-ce-399-fired-from-the-depository-rifle/page/2/#comment-461294

Maybe I missed it, but doesn’t anyone find it extremely amusing that Roe and Parnell have basically corroborated the theory that 399 was falsified evidence? Both Tomlinson and Wright, IIRC, told Thompson that the bullet in evidence was NOT the one they found. So the presence of initials proves that this is bogus, planted evidence; the forgery was done on the wrong bullet!

good job boys.

8 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

Thanks! I don’t find the pictures so high-resolution. 

I pointed this out earlier. John took thousands of scans and photos of the JFK evidence. These were high-resolution scans. He published some of these images in articles and shared some on this website. These were lower-resolution. I asked him at the time if he could please put his images online so that others could access them. He said his image files were so massive that it would be difficult to post them online, but that he would figure something out. Years passed. He died. What has been made available after his death are the lower resolution images he incorporated into articles and presentations. The massive raw files he told me about are MIA. 

1 hour ago, Allen Lowe said:

Maybe I missed it, but doesn’t anyone find it extremely amusing that Roe and Parnell have basically corroborated the theory that 399 was falsified evidence? Both Tomlinson and Wright, IIRC, told Thompson that the bullet in evidence was NOT the one they found. So the presence of initials proves that this is bogus, planted evidence; the forgery was done on the wrong bullet!

good job boys.

It's not as clear as all that. While researchers often claim Tomlinson disavowed the bullet, he told others (who researchers chose to ignore) that he thought it was the same bullet. The wording of the FBI report (which people claim is a fraud), is also a mixed bag. The wording is such that it could very well mean that Tomlinson and Wright refused to ID the bullet, but thought it could be the same bullet. 

Sad to say, you have to fight your way through CT spin just as you have to fight your way through WC or LN spin. 

And there's a lot of spin on both sides.

16 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I think I see the T on John's photos right where it is on the newer photos.

I don't think that's possible, Pat. John's photos are even more blurry than the NARA ones, and you can't see the T in those, right? I think you're seeing a random artifact that just kinda, maybe, could be a T... but isn't.

JMO

Edited by Sandy Larsen

7 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

It's not as clear as all that. While researchers often claim Tomlinson disavowed the bullet, he told others (who researchers chose to ignore) that he thought it was the same bullet. The wording of the FBI report (which people claim is a fraud), is also a mixed bag. The wording is such that it could very well mean that Tomlinson and Wright refused to ID the bullet, but thought it could be the same bullet. 

Sad to say, you have to fight your way through CT spin just as you have to fight your way through WC or LN spin. 

And there's a lot of spin on both sides.

that's not my understanding of how Josiah Thompson described his interviews; if anything, he implied that Tomlinson's change in testimony was later, after he, like more than one law enforcement official, had been put under pressure. Not to mention Thompson's location of Odum (I believe it was) who very clearly contradicted the Warren Commission's claims about 399.

And as Thompson added: "John Hunt has done some very good work in the Archives, has examined CE 399 with exquisite precision, and has determined that Elmer Todd's initials are not on Commission Exhibit 399. So this is, this is a running crap game! "

So, as far as I am concerned, end of story.

Edited by Allen Lowe

and there's this, from an article by Thompson and Aguilar:

"A declassified 6/20/64 FBI AIRTEL memorandum from the FBI office in Dallas (“SAC, Dallas” – i.e., Special Agent in Charge, Gordon Shanklin) to J. Edgar Hoover contains the statement, “For information WFO (FBI Washington Field Office), neither DARRELL C. TOMLINSON [sic], who found bullet at Parkland Hospital, Dallas, nor O. P. WRIGHT, Personnel Officer, Parkland Hospital, who obtained bullet from TOMLINSON and gave to Special Service, at Dallas 11/22/63, can identify bullet … .” [Fig. 5 - Page 1, Page 2]

Whereas the FBI had claimed in CE #2011 that Tomlinson and Wright had told Agent Odum on June 12, 1964 that CE #399 “appears to be the same” bullet they found on the day of the assassination, nowhere in this previously classified memo, which was written before CE #2011, is there any corroboration that either of the Parkland employees saw a resemblance. Nor is FBI agent Odum’s name mentioned anywhere in the once-secret file, whether in connection with #399, or with Tomlinson or with Wright."

8 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I pointed this out earlier. John took thousands of scans and photos of the JFK evidence. These were high-resolution scans. He published some of these images in articles and shared some on this website. These were lower-resolution. I asked him at the time if he could please put his images online so that others could access them. He said his image files were so massive that it would be difficult to post them online, but that he would figure something out. Years passed. He died. What has been made available after his death are the lower resolution images he incorporated into articles and presentations. The massive raw files he told me about are MIA. 

Thanks for the clarification! We’ll wait until 2045 to see Hunt’s photos.

1 hour ago, Allen Lowe said:

And as Thompson added: "John Hunt has done some very good work in the Archives, has examined CE 399 with exquisite precision, and has determined that Elmer Todd's initials are not on Commission Exhibit 399. So this is, this is a running crap game! "

So, as far as I am concerned, end of story.

If the person who has Hunt’s photos and they show the initials, I think that they will stay suppressed. 

3 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

If the person who has Hunt’s photos and they show the initials, I think that they will stay suppressed. 

I don't think there's any conspiracy about it. Stu Wexler has been in contact with John's sister and she gave him access to John's files. I think these were the files on his computer. To my understanding the raw files were stored on discs. When the Archives provided me with large files of Oswald's reddish shirt, they sent it to me on a disc because the files were so large they couldn't be sent through email. So I think the files were on discs and that the discs might be in storage somewhere. Unfortunately, they may also have been thrown out under the impression they were music discs or simply unimportant.