The Education Forum

Seymour Weitzman saw a different scope too

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Don't you find it even a little suspiciously coincidental that a "Mauser" rifle was actually in the TXSBD building just 48 hours before 11,22,1963?

How many times a year were "any" hunting or military rifles brought into the TXSBD?

A building full of textbook and other related companies? Where there are as many female employees as men? Maybe even more?

Maybe never before?

This wasn't Bernie's Hunting Lodge in the Squaw Mountain Ranch area of Texas.

I don’t find it suspicious at all. Why would anyone do? Caster brought it back home on 11/20, so it has nothing to do with 11/22. You’re just trying to come up with fun stuff. You should be more worried about having zero image of a Mauser and have zero witness who saw 2 rifles. Everybody, including Weitzman and Craig, remember 2 rifles. The only rifle photographed is a Carcano. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean that zero witnesses saw two rifles?

That is not really true, because people were made to change their stories.

Deputy Sheriff Jack Faulkner who was with the group looking at the rifle told me “A Carcano is a Mauser. Right?” Boone and Weitzman probably meant Mauser as the general term like Frigidaire is for fridges. One of them wrote “Mauser bolt-type” in his affidavit. I think it’s more what both originally had in mind. Had Weitzman been alive in the 90s, I would have clarified all this mess.

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

What do you mean that zero witnesses saw two rifles?

That is not really true, because people were made to change their stories.

I mean that during the search for rifles, nobody stated that 2 rifles were found. If one did, type his name. I can’t pretend I know everything, but surprise me!

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

"Buell Wesley Frazier shed a little light on this confusing situation when he told the authors in May 2015 that he recalled seeing a Mauser in the School Book Depository on November 20, 1963, two days before the assassination. It belonged to Warren Caster, an employee with Southwestern Publishing Company. Southwestern Publishing Company was then located on the second floor of the Depository. Caster was proud of his rifles and brought in both a Mauser and a .22-caliber rifle to show to Frazier's supervisors, William Shelley and Roy Truly, as well as to some of his fellow workers two days before the assassination. Other workers verified seeing Caster displaying these two rifles on November 20, 1963."

Denis - I gather that you accept this story as true but inconsequential. You even added that Caster brought it home that same day. Do you have another source for that, or did Frazier say that?

I believe that the Mexico City charade wasn't meant to set up Oswald as a lone gunman in the CIA's false flag operation against Cuba and Russia, but rather as a member of a small assassination team.

I believe that both the Mauser and Carcano were planted to incriminate Oswald's (fake) assassin teammates while he observed from the outdoor TSBD steps. The (fake) teammates would "escape."

This all changed when word from Lindon Johnson's people quickly got around that Oswald was to be the lone gunman. At which time the Mauser was disappeared and the Carcano became Oswald's gun.

1 hour ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I believe that the Mexico City charade wasn't meant to set up Oswald as a lone gunman in the CIA's false flag operation against Cuba and Russia, but rather as a member of a small assassination team.

I believe that both the Mauser and Carcano were planted to incriminate Oswald's (fake) assassin teammates while he observed from the outdoor TSBD steps. The (fake) teammates would "escape."

This all changed when word from Lindon Johnson's people quickly got around that Oswald was to be the lone gunman. At which time the Mauser was disappeared and the Carcano became Oswald's gun.

You see a Carcano or a Mauser?

EDAA323D-5362-44C9-9BAC-BF1E871DC125.jpeg

South West Publishing's Warren Caster just happened to show off his Mauser to Oswald's bosses William Shelley and Roy Truly? 

Obviously Fritz and others present when the rifle was being looked at took Weitzman's called out "Mauser" ID seriously. They repeated it later.

Which can only mean they respected Weitzman's gun knowledge enough to do so.

Why? Because they knew he owned a sporting goods store years previous that sold rifles?

Weitzman describes his ID call out as kind of a guess. That he only got "a glance" at the rifle and from his distance away and just a brief look, it "looked" like a Mauser.

Why would any responsible police officer in the most important crime and frantic heightened energy search situation in their lives shout out an ID claim like that just from a distant glance and without taking a closer look at the rifle before doing so?

The found rifle was clearly looked at from just inches away by "someone" at that scene.

According to fellow Dallas County Sheriff Roger Craig, Weitzman got that close of look at the rifle.

Roger Craig claimed "That's when Weitzman said, 'It is a Mauser' and pointed to the 7.65 Mauser stamp on the barrel."

Weitzman let Fritz and other high authorities like Dallas DA Henry Wade repeat his shouted Mauser ID claim to the world press without perhaps expressing to them or others that he wasn't 100% sure of his claim, again because it was based on "just a glance?"

These high position authorities were publicly stating the rifle was a Mauser...all because one man "Weitzman" claimed it just "looked" like a Mauser?

Guess it boils down to who you believe told the truth.

Seymour Weitzman...or Roger Craig.

And same with Caster's answer to Ball regards Caster taking the Mauser home on 11,20,1963.

Edited by Joe Bauer

This is what I mean about Craig and Weitzmann.

In their efforts to discredit Craig some have said you could not see the Mauser name on the rifle.

But as David Josephs proved, with the breach opened, you could on a certain type.

I have a hard time thinking that Denis does not understand that people can be made to alter their stories in a high profile case.

I can't say if It was a Mauser or a Carcano that was found, but I will make the following observations:

1) If you follow the timeline closely, the shells were found, photographed,  and entered into evidence before the rifle was found. The rifle had to match the caliber of the shells that were already there. If I'm not mistaken, a Mauser and a Carcano used different caliber shells.

2) The Deputy Sheriffs arrived on the scene before the Dallas City Department officers did. When the City people arrived on the scene, the Deputy Sheriffs were sent away and told to return to work. All of the people who said they saw a Mauser were County Deputy Sheriffs. The people who said the rifle was an Italian Carcano were City officers.

Steve Thomas