The Education Forum

Hickey might have fired his AR15 -- members survey.

12 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

More on Dave Powers: 

From patspeer.com, Chapter 5b:

(4-8-64, 8-10-64, 10-21-64, 3-17-65, and 5-24-65 interviews with William Manchester, as represented in The Death of a President, 1967) (On his response to the first shot) "Powers, in Halfback's right-hand jump seat, shouted at O'Donnell, 'I think the President's been hit!'" (Manchester's narration for the aftermath of the shooting) "In the jumps seats, Ken O'Donnell and Dave Powers have heard the sickening impact of the fatal bullet, and Dave has seen it. O'Donnell crosses himself. Powers whispers 'Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...'" (On whether or not Rufus Youngblood actually climbed into the back seat of LBJ's car, or simply turned around, as purported by Senator Ralph Yarborough) "Dave Powers, who glanced back, confirms the Senator." 

(5-18-64 affidavit, 7H472-474): “the first shot went off and it sounded to me as if it were a firecracker. I noticed then that the President moved quite far to his left after the shot from the extreme right hand side where he had been sitting. There was a second shot and Governor Connally disappeared from sight and then there was a third shot which took off the top of the President’s head and had the sickening sound of a grapefruit splattering against a wall…My first impression was that the shots came from the right and overhead, but I also had a fleeting impression that the noise appeared to come from the front in the area of the triple overpass.”

So, according to your theory, Dave Powers had a high-powered rifle go off within a few feet of his ears, and then claimed to hear the impact of this shot on the President's skull a split-second later.

Hmmm... What's wrong with this theory? Hmmm...maybe it's bunkum... Or did Powers lied about hearing the impact on Kennedy's skull?

And, if so, why did he lie and say he thought shots had come from the front? Was he anxious to protect the Secret Service? To such an extent even, that he  deliberately misled the public as to the source of the shots, while providing fodder to conspiracy theories? 

Does that make a lick of sense? 

Witnesses are a problem. Some were wrong. Some lied. Some were correct, or partly. Everyone in Queen Mary knew that Hickey had shot the President. What they said & why is a side issue. And all of it makes sense to me. I dont follow. How could it not make sense? 

U mention wordage from a long time after the fact. I am interested in what was said on the day, & on the next day. Why? Koz in the first few days the SSA did not know which way things would pan out. Their statements verge on hilarious. They are struggling to blurt out something that is innocuous, whilst wary of the fact that if the truth comes out then they will be seen to have lied.  It was a circus. Even by the time of the WC they were still krapping their dacks. Some of them mentioned a flurry of shots (that was  wise)(it is more or less meaningless)(but at the same time if Hickey was found out re his auto burst then they would claim hell i did say a flurry). Hickey's auto burst was a flurry. A flurry of shots was mentioned 20 times at the WC.

Everyone claiming to have heard the impact of Z313 was lieing.  Z313 was the last shot of an auto burst. The first shot was at say Z297. We have 4 or 5 or 6 shots plus echoes.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

A couple of coherent sentences.  Yes, a trial would have been interesting but neither side really wanted that.  

Inches don't matter?   I guess you won't get this either.

The inches that matter are the ones that Jacki mentioned -- the inches that made the difference for the bullet missing & not missing -- she said an inch, or did she say inches -- something like that. I think that 2 inches would have given a clean miss, the shot would have gone throo the windshield just left of Kellerman.

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

You didn't find anything. You took a long discredited theory and made it even more ridiculous. I suppose you think the 4, 5, or 6 shots were all high-velocity rounds, and that these shots were fired in Dave Powers' ear without him or anyone else noticing. This is about as bad as it gets. 

From my review of JFK: The Smoking Gun. 

This brings us, finally, to the third shot presented in the program. Here, in order to sell what is incredibly far-fetched, McLaren makes quite a stretch.

He takes two pieces of evidence: that some witnesses saw Hickey with an AR-15 rifle, and that some witnesses thought they smelled gunpowder at ground level, and pretends this is evidence Hickey fired the shot that killed Kennedy.

He avoids (or hides, let's be honest) much to pull off this trick.

First, there's the eyewitnesses. McLaren cites witness after witness as support for Donahue's theory, when an honest presentation of the witness statements would have, at the very least, called Donahue's theory into question.

• He cites S.M. Holland's initial statement that "After the first shot the secret service man raised up in the seat with a machine gun and then dropped back down in the seat" as evidence Hickey shot Kennedy. He fails to tell his viewers that Holland also claimed to see "a puff of smoke come from the trees" after this first shot, and no other puff of smoke. That's right. The smoke observed by Holland and others while standing atop the railroad bridge came from behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll. So how can McLaren cite them as support a rifle was fired in the middle of the plaza? He can't. So he doesn't. He claims ten witnesses "at ground level" smelled gunpowder, but never lists them.

• He cites Jean Hill's statements as evidence a member of the Secret Service fired a weapon. He fails to tell his viewers that Hill thought the first shot hit Kennedy in the head, and that she thought some or all of the shots she heard after he was hit in the head may have been fired by the Secret Service in retaliation.

• He wonders whether Hugh Betzner's recollection he saw "a flash of pink" wasn't a reference to the muzzle blast from Hickey's rifle. He fails to read the whole sentence in Betzner's statement. It reads like this: "Then I saw a flash of pink like someone standing up and then sitting back down in the car." McLaren's cherry-picking of Betzner's words avoids the obvious: that the flash of pink which Betzner observed, while standing 200 feet or so back behind the limousine at the moment of the head shot, was the pink-suited Mrs. Kennedy climbing out onto the back of the limousine, and then crawling back to her seat.

• He also wonders about the statement of Mrs. John Chism, in which she said "the two men in the front of the car stood up, and then when the second shot was fired, they all fell down and the car took off just like that." Strangely, he wonders whether she meant to say that it was two men in the back of the follow-up car that fell down. He even complains that the Warren Commission never questioned her to find out if she was really talking about the follow-up car. He says "We'll never know." Uhh, yes we will know. And do. There's no basis whatsoever to "wonder" if someone describing activity in the front of one car was really describing activity in the back of another car, particularly when no one else noticed this activity in the back of this second car. Mrs. Chism is alive, by the way, and would almost certainly have talked to McLaren should he have tracked her down. But he didn't even try.

• There's no evidence, in fact, that McLaren tried to talk to even one witness in his supposed four year investigation of the shooting. He could have talked to Bill and Gayle Newman, who witnessed the shooting from 20 feet or so behind and to the right of Kennedy, and were about the same distance to the right of Hickey. The sound of a shot from Hickey's position would have come straight to their left ears. And yet they thought this shot came from behind.

• He could also have talked to Dave Powers, or at least to people who knew Powers, who passed away between the time McLaren first took an interest in the case and the advent of his four year investigation. Powers was a good friend of Kennedy's. He was sitting less than two feet from the muzzle of the AR-15 at the time Donahue claimed it was fired. Powers was consulted for the book Mortal Error, the book on Donahue's research McLaren found so inspiring. In the book, Powers is quoted as follows: “Someone a foot away from me or two feet away from me couldn’t fire a gun without me hearing it.” This, no surprise, is never mentioned by Colin McLaren in JFK: The Smoking Gun.

And then, of course, there's the ultimate witness: the Bronson film. This film shows Hickey and the members of the back-up car at the time of the fatal head shot. The film was taken from across the plaza, and lacks clear detail. And yet, no sudden movement on Hickey's part is noted in the film. More clearly, he appears to be sitting down. An honest presentation of Donahue's theory would have shown the film, and studied the film. But no, this is a program not just examining Donahue's belief Hickey shot Kennedy, but pushing it. The film is never mentioned.

-EO1PkTujhtBuj3kiZfr5NLOuUbWk-0sg14do97JPlxJwk_zgtFcsLsInNRqjwgoN8VjbIPTv7z3S7d714VwwGvwxAV2PCMWPFPPvw0-FWGSzQ-O=w1280

So, yes, it's true. Colin McLaren, the man who criticized the Warren Commission for its "unsummoned witnesses, unheard testimonies, unanswered questions, and unpresented evidence" made them look good when given the chance. The program on his "investigation" out-"un"ed the Warren Commission by a mile, and actually presented him dismissing that a shot came from the overpass by noting that there were twelve witnesses on the overpass and none of them thought a shot came from there, while pushing a theory in which George Hickey shot Kennedy from the follow-up car, without noting that there were DOZENS of witnesses in the area, and NONE of them thought the fatal shot came from the car behind Kennedy.

Oh, the irony... Oh, the waste of money, and public attention...

The Whole Program Miss

In sum, then, the program was deceptive and embarrassing--the information in it was often outdated, and just as often biased. Beyond that the Bronson film strongly suggests Hickey didn't fire the fatal shot and that Howard Donahue's theory was wrong, Donahue's theories were built on long-discredited information regarding the back wound, and more recently called into question information about the head wound. His Hickey did it theory is reliant upon the bullet entering Kennedy's cowlick, 4 inches higher than where the entrance wound was measured at autopsy. He relied upon the word of Dr. Russell Fisher to come to this conclusion. Well, that was part of the problem. As Fisher would later admit, he was hired by the Justice Department to re-examine the medical evidence and see if there was a way to refute some of the "junk" in the conspiracy books--including that the trajectory for the head wound made little sense. This led him to find a new location for the bullet entrance--a location where those actually seeing Kennedy's body swore there was no entrance wound.

Now, for several years, Fisher's "find" had some support in the medical community, but that day has long-since passed. Of those viewing the original autopsy materials since late 1993--Dr. David Mantik, Dr. Gary Aguilar, Dr. Douglas Ubelaker, Dr. John Fitzpatrick, Dr. Robert Kirschner, Dr. James Humes, Dr. J. Thornton Boswell, Dr. Pierre Finck, Dr. Chad Zimmerman, Larry Sturdivan, and Dr. Peter Cummings--only one has supported Fisher's finding the entrance wound was in the cowlick, where Donahue's theory needs it to be.

While trying to impress the government, Fisher made a bad call--that can now be revealed as a politically-influenced bad call. Howard Donahue's reputation was but collateral damage.

And now we can add Colin McLaren to the list of Fisher's victims...

Shall we tell him?

I have already dealt with Powers hearing or not hearing the shot(s). He never denied hearing the shot(s).

I have already dealt with the Bronson footage. Show me the Bronson frame at or near Z313 which shows Hickey not standing.

U argue against McLaren's witnesses by pointing out where they were wrong in other matters, mostly in later years.

U say that he  doesnt list the 10 that smelled smoke at street level. He lists 22 some of who saw but did not (report a) smell. But, almost everybody in Dealey Plaza smelled the smoke. And almost everybody at the hospital smelled gunsmoke. U mention 10, there were more than 10 listed, but these are only the ones on record.

Holland saw smoke near the picket fence. Well, one of his workmates said that there was no smoke there. Was Holland ever asked if he smelled gunsmoke?

Re thems who smelled smoke, many smelled it after the Queen Mary passed. Funny that. At the hospital the odour was powerful -- koz Hickey had up to 6 stinking spent casings in his pocket.

U say that the entry wound was much lower on the back of the head -- i havent spent much time re wounds. But we can all see the top right of jfk's head blow away in the Zapruder footage. And there is no entry or exit wound in jfk's face.

Both of those books were wonderful. And your review is horrid to say the least.

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

It's truly astonishing (and sad) that Bonar Menninger's absurd 1992 book "Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK" currently has a very nearly perfect rating at Amazon.com (4.8 stars out of 5 as of this writing on August 1, 2022, based on over 320 ratings, which includes both written reviews and other people who simply gave the book a "rating" of one to five stars).

That level of high praise for a publication that promotes such an obviously bogus theory only tends to prove the age-old adage: There's one born every minute.

Here are my thoughts about the notion that Secret Service agent George W. Hickey accidentally ended the life of the 35th U.S. President (the second link below includes my lengthy [text] debate in 2006 with an almost-forgotten conspiracy theorist who went by the name "Grizzlie Antagonist" in his online posts; anybody here remember him?)....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/08/The Hickey Theory

http://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/Hickey Theory (Part 2)

--------------------------------------------

51dtx4oyciL._SX333_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by David Von Pein

16 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

It's truly astonishing (and sad) that Bonar Menninger's absurd book "Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK" currently has a very nearly perfect rating at Amazon.com (4.8 stars out of 5 as of this writing on August 1, 2022, based on over 320 ratings, which includes both written reviews and other people who simply gave the book a "rating" of one to five stars).

That level of high praise for a publication that promotes such an obviously bogus theory only tends to prove the age-old adage: There's one born every minute.

Here are my thoughts about the notion that Secret Service agent George Hickey accidentally ended the life of the 35th U.S. President (the second link below includes my lengthy [text] debate in 2006 with an almost-forgotten conspiracy theorist who went by the name "Grizzlie Antagonist" in his online posts; anybody here remember him?)....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/08/The Hickey Theory

http://groups.google.com/g/alt.conspiracy.jfk/Hickey Theory (Part 2)

--------------------------------------------

51dtx4oyciL._SX333_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Here's an analogy, David. Suppose Hinkley gets arrested for shooting Reagan. Suppose he gets murdered two days later on national TV. Suppose a cottage industry arises of people questioning whether or not he was really the shooter, and even if there were multiple shooters.

And now suppose someone comes forward and says "Hey! I've solved it! Reagan was really shot by Secret Service Agent Jerry Parr. Yeah, Hinkley tried to shoot him, but he missed. The real damage was done by Parr!"

And now suppose the Parr-did-it theory is published as a best-selling book, and that Parr sues the pants off of the publisher, and the publishers pull the book. And the theory slowly fades away...

Only to be resuscitated decades later by a publicity-seeking Australian, who spews deceptive nonsense in his book and TV appearances...

It's disgusting. On that we can agree. 

Edited by Pat Speer

BTW / FWIW.....

I pretty much agree with Vince Palamara's earlier post in which he said:

"The three most obscene theories I have heard:

1) Jackie did it/was involved

2) Greer shot JFK

3) Hickey shot JFK

The most popular dumb theories:

1) Greer shot JFK

2) Hickey shot JFK"

-----------------

I can tell everyone here from my own personal experience of having to wade through hundreds of comments each week written by ill-informed people at my JFK YouTube channel that Vincent Palamara is 100% correct when he said that the #1 "popular dumb theory" about JFK's assassination (at least at the present time) is the "Greer shot JFK" theory.

When I read through the comments at my YouTube channel, I've been keeping track (loosely) of which theories are being supported by my YouTube followers, and I'd say in the last year or two, the theory that most YouTube commenters seem to endorse far more than any other is the insane theory about limo driver Bill Greer turning around in his seat and firing the fatal shot into JFK's brain.

And it doesn't seem to matter how many times you tell them that what they think is a gun in the Zapruder Film is, in actuality, merely sunlight reflecting off of Roy Kellerman's head, the theorists still won't budge an inch. They're convinced beyond all doubt that Greer is the killer.

Another ultra-crazy theory that popped up several years ago that could also be attached to Vince Palamara's list of "obscene" theories is the one created from whole cloth by a certain Brian David Andersen (for a good laugh, click that link and watch that first video). Andersen believes (or says he does) that President Kennedy wasn't really killed at all in Dealey Plaza. Andersen says the whole "incident on Elm Street" (as he calls it) was a staged/fake assassination, with JFK himself taking part in the charade by activating a "pyrotechnics device" that was situated on his head, and it was really that "device" that exploded and not Kennedy's cranium.

As I said before --- There's one born every minute.

Edited by David Von Pein

1 minute ago, David Von Pein said:

BTW / FWIW.....

I pretty much agree with Vince Palamara's earlier post in which he said:

"The three most obscene theories I have heard:

1) Jackie did it/was involved

2) Greer shot JFK

3) Hickey shot JFK

The most popular dumb theories:

1) Greer shot JFK

2) Hickey shot JFK"

-----------------

I can tell everyone here from my own personal experience of having to wade through hundreds of comments written by ill-informed people at my JFK YouTube channel that Vincent Palamara is 100% correct when he said that the #1 "popular dumb theory" about JFK's assassination is the "Greer shot JFK" theory.

When I read through my YouTube comments at my channel, I've been keeping track (loosely) of which theories are being supported by my YouTube followers, and I'd say in the last year or two, the theory that most YouTube commenters seem to endorse far more than any other is the insane theory about limo driver Bill Greer turning around in his seat and firing the fatal shot into JFK's brain.

And it doesn't seem to matter how many times you tell them that what they think is a gun in the Zapruder Film is, in actuality, merely sunlight reflecting off of Roy Kellerman's head, the theorists still won't budge an inch. They're convinced beyond all doubt that Greer is the killer.

Another ultra-crazy theory that popped up several years ago that could also be attached to Mr. Palamara's list of "obscene" theories is the one created from whole cloth by a certain Brian David Andersen, who believes (or says he does) that President Kennedy wasn't really killed at all in Dealey Plaza. Andersen says the whole "incident on Elm Street" (as he calls it) was a staged/fake assassination, with JFK himself taking part in the charade by activating a "pyrotechnics device" that was situated on his head, and it was really that "device" that exploded and not Kennedy's cranium.

As I said before --- There's one born every minute.

It’s disturbing just how insanely popular the Hickey-did-it theory really is. Whenever the JFKA gets brought up on Reddit, almost every other comment is pushing it. It mostly seems like people who have an emotional attachment to McLaren’s documentary, and there are a LOT of them. A few go on to read Mortal Error, but that’s almost invariably where the inquiry stops.

I suspect that the idea of an accident is a lot more palatable for most people than a plot, and the theory also offers a who-did-it solution to the assassination instead of just suggesting a faceless conspiracy. I know I’m being a hypocrite by commenting here, and I think it’s important to correct the record like Pat did - but this stuff is a complete waste of time and threads like this should just be allowed to die, IMO.

5 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

It’s disturbing just how insanely popular the Hickey-did-it theory really is. Whenever the JFKA gets brought up on Reddit, almost every other comment is pushing it. It mostly seems like people who have an emotional attachment to McLaren’s documentary, and there are a LOT of them. A few go on to read Mortal Error, but that’s almost invariably where the inquiry stops.

I suspect that the idea of an accident is a lot more palatable for most people than a plot, and the theory also offers a who-did-it solution to the assassination instead of just suggesting a faceless conspiracy. I know I’m being a hypocrite by commenting here, and I think it’s important to correct the record like Pat did - but this stuff is a complete waste of time and threads like this should just be allowed to die, IMO.

A lot of folks have never read a JFK book and "The Smoking Gun" is the only JFK documentary they have ever seen in their lives. Streaming for free on so many services has a tremendous advantage. Also, you're right in the Hickey theory is easily comprehensible and gives them a name, which is just naturally going to be more satisfying than an open ended conclusion with multiple potential culprits.

(I just joined Reddit, and I plan to stay far away from their JFK discussions.)

I bought the Menninger book when it came out. I thought the theory put forth by Cunningham was plausible. But as time went on, and more facts came to light, I let go of that theory. 

An accidental shooting of the President WOULD make the conspiracy vs lone nut argument moot. If even ONE of the SS agents came forward, even with a deathbed confession, and confirmed the theory, it would have made the JFK assassination "industry" go away overnight. [And if you're selling books or other products, you're part of an industry.]

The Sixth Floor Museum closes.

David Von Pein and Jim DiEugenio become close friends.

We all grab a Coke and sing in perfect harmony.

[OK, those last two ARE stretches, even for a fantasy.]

The trouble is, life is messy. Life doesn't happen that way. Sometimes, we NEVER know 100% of the truth. Sometimes, it's impossible to wrap things up in a perfect package tied in a perfect bow.

The JFK assassination story is just such an event. Maybe once we die, if our theory is correct and we are THEN allowed to know the Great truths of All Things, we may learn the answer. But until then, there is REASONABLE DOUBT about the WC conclusions, the HSCA conclusions, and every conspiracy theory that I've ever heard.

As Larry Hancock's book title states, "Someone Would Have Talked," even if JFK's death was the result of a horrific, one-in-a-hundred-quintillion chance of an accidental shot by the people who were guarding him. To date, NO ONE has talked. There's no Ricky White in the sons and daughters of the SS agents in Dallas that day who has mentioned anything that would validate this theory. Neither for love nor money has such a corroborative witness come forward.

I'm guessing such a witness never will.

We can be fairly certain that Hickey accidentally fired an auto burst of at least 4 shots, probably 5, possibly 6.

The stars show my latest estimate re a possible arc for a 6-shot burst. Here Hickey grabbed the AR15 & stood up, Kinney brakes, Hickey falls forward onto O'Donnell sitting in the left jump seat, & unfortunately Hickey has his finger on the trigger, & the AR15 is set on AUTO, & a manual squeeze will always fire much more than 1 shot, the arc starting high & ending low, ie the opposite to the usual natural climbing arc for an automatic.

Shot-1  hits the tarmac of Main St & ricochets onto the curb 23'4" from the pier, near Tague.

…………..Tague's left cheek is stung & bloodied by a fragment of lead or concrete from Shot-1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

Shot-2  hits grass.

Shot-3  hits the concrete curb.

Shot-4  hits the tarmac of Elm St.

Shot-5  puts a dent in the chrome trim above & right of the mirror. Fragments dent the back of the mirror.

Shot-6  is the JFK headshot -- the remnant slug of the hollowpoint cracks the windshield where shown just left of the mirror.

This freeze frame from Dale Myers' cartoon footage does not show accurately Hickey's view from Queen Mary (i should say the AR15's view)(the view is too high & too central)(the view was for another purpose), but it will have to do.

Possible 6 shot burst.jpg

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

9 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

I bought the Menninger book when it came out. I thought the theory put forth by Cunningham was plausible. But as time went on, and more facts came to light, I let go of that theory. 

An accidental shooting of the President WOULD make the conspiracy vs lone nut argument moot. If even ONE of the SS agents came forward, even with a deathbed confession, and confirmed the theory, it would have made the JFK assassination "industry" go away overnight. [And if you're selling books or other products, you're part of an industry.]

The Sixth Floor Museum closes.

David Von Pein and Jim DiEugenio become close friends.

We all grab a Coke and sing in perfect harmony.

[OK, those last two ARE stretches, even for a fantasy.]

The trouble is, life is messy. Life doesn't happen that way. Sometimes, we NEVER know 100% of the truth. Sometimes, it's impossible to wrap things up in a perfect package tied in a perfect bow.

The JFK assassination story is just such an event. Maybe once we die, if our theory is correct and we are THEN allowed to know the Great truths of All Things, we may learn the answer. But until then, there is REASONABLE DOUBT about the WC conclusions, the HSCA conclusions, and every conspiracy theory that I've ever heard.

As Larry Hancock's book title states, "Someone Would Have Talked," even if JFK's death was the result of a horrific, one-in-a-hundred-quintillion chance of an accidental shot by the people who were guarding him. To date, NO ONE has talked. There's no Ricky White in the sons and daughters of the SS agents in Dallas that day who has mentioned anything that would validate this theory. Neither for love nor money has such a corroborative witness come forward.

I'm guessing such a witness never will.

There was a rumor that there was a rumor that a friend of a SSA admitted that it was well known in the SS that Hickey had shot JFK. I might find where i found this one day.  

Mark Knight writes:

An accidental shooting of the President WOULD make the conspiracy vs lone nut argument moot.

That would be true only if all the shots were accidental. The ridiculous 'Hickey shot JFK by accident' theory still has Oswald up on the sixth floor (good luck proving that part), shooting at JFK.

Surely the reason this nonsense ended up on TV at the time of the 50th anniversary is that it actually supported the lone-nut argument. It provided a solution to at least two problematic elements of the lone-nut theory:

• The head shot which, according to the pathologists at the autopsy, entered the head low down and exited above the ear, could not have been fired from anywhere as high as the sixth floor.
  • The crazed lone gunman on the sixth floor would not have been constrained by the need to have aimed and fired a crummy old rifle three times, and reloaded it twice, by Zapruder frame 313.
  • Although Marjan suggests that another of Hickey's accidental shots wounded Tague, it's conceivable that other proponents of this nonsense could use it to get around the single-bullet theory also, by claiming that Oswald wounded JFK, Connally and Tague with three separate bullets.

I too have been contacted by people who know almost nothing about the assassination apart from what they were told on this TV show. And why shouldn't they believe what they were told? The theory wouldn't have been promoted on TV if it didn't  have the approval of the relevant experts, would it?

Given the appalling state of TV coverage of the assassination over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if the show pops up again in November 2023.

" The head shot which, according to the pathologists at the autopsy, entered the head low down and exited above the ear, could not have been fired from anywhere as high as the sixth floor "

Time to look elsewhere . I suggest the two lower buildings directly behind the Daltex which were in shadow and had some open windows