The Education Forum

Hickey might have fired his AR15 -- members survey.

5 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

The Hickey theory is preposterous on its face

and is merely a distraction.

I suppose that strictly speaking the Hickey theory involves just the one shot. The multi-auto-shot version is  my own. I think i thort of it myself. However it was SSA Floyd Boring who said that when set on AUTO a squeeze would result in more than one shot.

He also said that the AR15 would have been cocked & loaded -- which contradicts Hickey who said that after the last shot he cocked & loaded the AR15.

I dont know whether the AR15 was set on SAFETY. In any case a quick flick across goes past SINGLE & sets it on AUTO.

The AR15-601 had a slamfire problem, which was fixed for the 602 by removing 2 gm off the firing pin. But if Hickey was unlucky enough to get a slamfire then it would have automatically emptied the 20 bullet magazine.

Boring said that he checked the AR15 & it had not been fired.

However, the AR15 had been put into service for the first time in Dallas, & had been taken out of service on the same day, & no reason has ever been given.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

QueenMary stabilized, back&forth loop:

BronsonQueenMaryStabilized.gif

That looks very clear. Are thems frames from Robin Unger's Bronson gallery? 

I used his frames, & i magnified them, & the blurriness made them almost useless.

Perhaps in your giff the small size & the steady movement allows the eyes/brain to produce something much better than the original (a bit like squinting to improve focus etc).

On 8/1/2022 at 2:00 PM, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

The AR15 had to be near center of Queen Mary for the Z313 slug to go throo the gap between the vizors, as per the white line.

Then the remnant slug had to veer say 6 deg to make a spider crack on the windshield just left of the mirror, as per the white line. The remnant slug must then have bounced out onto Elm St. 

I just noticed. At Z313 SSA Hill was on the tarmac next to Queen Mary, level with the front wheel.

He had not advanced as far as shown here (ie say halfway between Queen Mary & jfklimo) until Z333, & he touches the footplate with his foot at Z340, & he touches the handrail with his left hand at Z342, but then his foot slips off & he drags himself back onto the footplate at Z380.

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

On 8/1/2022 at 2:00 PM, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

The AR15 had to be near center of Queen Mary for the Z313 slug to go throo the gap between the vizors, as per the white line.

Then the remnant slug had to veer say 6 deg to make a spider crack on the windshield just left of the mirror, as per the white line. The remnant slug must then have bounced out onto Elm St. 

Just realized. SSA McIntyre (on the left running board) is drawn wrong. Its like this. When Hickey bent down & picked up the AR15 at say Z285 McIntyre saw him & watched what Hickey was doing. Then Kinney braked at say Z295 & Hickey lurched forward & unfortunately he had his finger on the trigger & the AR15 fired an auto burst, starting at say Z299 (i dont mean that the AR15 had a BURST setting, that fired a 3-shot burst, BURST settings were invented later), with the last shot (the jfk headshot) being at Z313 (a span of 14 Z frames)(0.75 sec). After which McIntyre quickly turned his gaze from Hickey to jfk, to see if anyone had been harmed. So, at Z313, McIntyre was still looking at Hickey, & he turned his head towards jfk at say Z318. U can see McIntyre's headturn in the Bronson footage. Then, if u want a good laugh, have a look at McIntyre's testimony re what he did at that time, & what others did or didnt do, & then have another look at the Bronson footage to see if u were dreaming.

I have been building my library on JFKA books for decades.  Yes, there are some publications on my bookshelves that I could have avoided.  We live and learn.  Mr Menninger's 'Mortal Error' is one I had the good sense to avoid.

On 8/3/2022 at 6:13 AM, Pete Mellor said:

I have been building my library on JFKA books for decades.  Yes, there are some publications on my bookshelves that I could have avoided.  We live and learn.  Mr Menninger's 'Mortal Error' is one I had the good sense to avoid.

I have learnt most of my stuff from LNers & CTers, there are some very clever fellows. Unfortunately there are few Hickeyists like myself, but i learnt a lot from Donahue Menninger & McLaren. Holland too, re the ricochet offa the signal arm.

I can learn from anyone. Sometimes an idiot gives me an excellent link i hadnt seen before, & the link gives me a weeks happy work.

But along the way one needs a good memory & a good BS meter.

Have u seen a good explanation for the bullet dent in the chrome trim above the mirror in the jfklimo?

Here is Hickey's view of possible victims of his auto burst -- jfk -- chrome trim -- tarmac -- curb -- grass -- curb -- Tague -- pillar of underpass.

The red star shows that the manhole is too far left to be a victim.

No wonder gawkers near the line of fire were running -- Hickey was lucky, more could have died -- Tague got a scratch.

Here is a possible auto burst by Hickey. The sequence should say that the lowest star was the last shot which hit jfk in the head at Z312. Hickey was falling forward, ie the AR15  was swinging downwards. The bonnet of the limo shown in the photo should be viewed as being the bonnet of Queen Mary -- & the jfklimo & jfk should be considered to be in thems stars somewhere.

hickey view of burst.jpg

The Agents on Queen Mary have just seen a chunk of JFK's head blown off.
The motorcade has now passed the underpass & is heading for the hospital.
What are the agents on the runningboards of Queen Mary doing?  Are they….
(1).  Scanning the surrounds for snipers.
(2).  Scanning back to the top of the underpass for snipers.
(3).  Looking up the road ahead for danger.
(4).  Looking to see if agent Hill is safely in JFK's limo.
(5).  Trying to get a look at JFK & Jackie.
(6).  Looking at agent Hickey & saying WTF.
Make up your own mind.

Bennett is brushing stinking hot spent casings out of his crutch.

McIntire west of underpass cropped.jpg

On 8/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, Ron Bulman said:

I had hickey's on my neck in Jr. High and High School a few times.  I was proud but kind of embarrassed.

I have never had a Hickey, nor given any. But today is a great day for Hickeys. It is the first time anywhere, ever, that i have realized that the slug that dented the chrome strip went under not over the divider. The pix supports that. The camera angle is pretty much exactly what Hickey's AR15 saw, when the shot barely cleared the windshield of Queen Mary (i mean exactly the same in the vertical)(but in the horizontal the AR15 would have been say on center rather than the camera's right of center).

If the AR 15 were any lower the shot would have hit the top of the windshield of Queen Mary, if any higher the shot would have hit the divider in the jfklimo. This slug was the second or the second last of Hickey's auto burst. We can see the windshield & a vizor of Queen Mary on the left side of the photo.

As can be seen any shot of that burst that went higher than the divider must have gone clean throo the narrow gap between the vizors, or, if higher still, it would have cleared the vizors anyhow. So, 2 or 3 or 4 such shots went throo or over.

In the past year or so i was certain that the headshot was the last shot of the burst, but today i am giving consideration to it being the first. If first, then the  burst would have started at Z313 & finished at say Z327. Still thinking.

It has been a great day for Hickeyists. The dent shot went under the divider -- amazing -- another major problem solved. Clearing the windscreen was never the issue -- or, it was only an issue for skoolkids -- i lost sleep re the dent shot -- how could it get over the divider -- well, it didnt.

So, today, i have just one more major problem, it concerns the Bronson footage, i will return.

dent in chrome.jpg

10 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

It is embarrassing. Hickey's are trash, just like this theory.

Here i show the elevations needed for Hickey's Z313 headshot -- & for the shot under the divider (to dent the chrome trim) -- & for the shot(s) over the windshield (to hit curbs tarmac grass etc).

Its embarrassing that i didnt see this (that the dent shot went under not over) before today. 

This is a world first. I suspected that the slug might have made a skidmark on top of the divider, NO, it would have been on the underside (easy missed).

limo showing shots.jpg

In a frame from Bell's footage we see Hickey spin around to see whether he killed others.

He aint looking for shooters -- koz he is the shooter now.

But in his testimony he said that as he approached the underpass he grabbed the AR15 offa the floor & cocked & loaded it, & didnt really have it ready until he was under the underpass.

Witnesses had him holding the AR15 at around Z313.

Officer Murphy on the overpass at the freeway heard Oswald's shot-1. Then he heard Oswald's shot-2. Then he heard Hickey's burst, at which time he decided to climb onto the back of his 3-wheeler to see what the commotion was. But the high signage blocked his view. After JFK & Co passed under him on the on-ramp he ran across the freeway to see JFK & Co again, in the distance, entering the freeway.

Hoffman in his falcon is slowing down & at this point has not see or heard any of the commotion, but the Bell footage shows the falcon coming to a stop much later much further along. Hoffman saw the tail of the JFKlimo as it entered the freeway (as did Murphy).

And here we see another couple running -- Hickey's auto burst had say 10 seconds earlier whizzed past say 34 ft in front of them, as they watched jfk approaching. When did they stop running -- & where -- who knows.  

Hickey lools back, Murphy pops up  .jpg