A Statement Regarding the Future of the Forum

21 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I still think the forum can be maintained with a yearly pledge drive.

I agree. I believe that if James or any of the admin says it's time for donations, that's all that would be needed to collect enough for another year or two.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I agree. I believe that if James or any of the admin says it's time for donations, that's all that would be needed to collect enough for another year or two.

Exactly...

On 8/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Sandy,

I think most of us agree with you on this sentiment.

But, there is enough money (using only the $5 contributions) to pay for September. Before we start the larger donation drive(hopefully), I encourage the Admins to select the new financial overseer and set up all elements related to payment methods first.

7 hours ago, Chris Davidson said:

...there is enough money (using only the $5 contributions) to pay for September. Before we start the larger donation drive (hopefully), I encourage the Admins to select the new financial overseer and set up all elements related to payment methods first.

If and when the forum financial system is switched to another overseer is up to the forum admin. If James feels that he is okay with that task, and that all he needs to do is call for donations in order to finance the forum, then he can continue to use his system.

The new system can be developed at any time and can be done without interfering with James' system. Once the new system is completed, a quick transition can take place.

The new system will provide two advantages over the current system. First, it will result in saving currency exchange fees in both directions (US Dollars to GB Pounds, then GB Pounds to US Dollars). (Of course, this is the case only for American donors.) Second, it will release James from the financial responsibilities. Though he can still be the one who calls for donations if he wants.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 2:27 PM, Kathy Beckett said:

I think we'd go to adverts before that. 

I am just really surprised at what you say.  I think it is more than just Forum funding

Well, that is what we are trying to ascertain, how many people are currently willing to donate/ have donated. You and at least one other, are not contributing because it isnt flowing your way as yet. So why complain about paying for gas? 

I am vehemently opposed to pay to play. And you saw that the owner if, we went to that, may have IRS problems, or have to set up as a business? We don't want this to be an unnecessary hardship.

I would think folk would want to keep it going because it means something.

Kathy:  How does one donate to the Forum?  Is there a postal address?  Or a Paypal address?  Please reply to me (privately) at  dlifton@gmail.com.  DSL

7 hours ago, David Lifton said:

Kathy:  How does one donate to the Forum?  Is there a postal address?  Or a Paypal address?  Please reply to me (privately) at  dlifton@gmail.com.  DSL

David.  At the top of the page click Store, then Donations.  I believe you or anyone else can still donate there.  The $7479 figure is all time donations if I understood James correctly in a prior comment.  Currently I believe the site is funded through September.  So, I imagine any contribution would be greatly appreciated by other members.  Me included.  As I understand it a reorganization of payment procedures may hopefully be in progress at this time.  With a pledge/donation drive to fund the site for a year or more soon to follow.  Right now, I wonder about October, both here and personally.