The Education Forum

Dealey Plaza

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Cory...any guesses as to why you felt such a chill at that one particular location?

Sounds like a paranormal experience.

I think I would get a chill standing about where Mary Moorman stood and being completely still for minutes just scanning the entire plaza from the TXSBD building, down along Elm and the grassy knoll to the overpass and imagining the entire shooting scene in my mind as I did so.

Trying to re-feel the almost unreal super charged powerful shock, sadness and deep loss past energy of that one earth shattering and reality changing moment in time.

That weird Greek/Roman style Pergola, ( so different than what would think in Dallas, Texas ) eerily glowing white like some Freudian JFK mausoleum symbol in a surreal Hitchcockian movie dream ( Spellbound - Vertigo?) always comes to my mind when I imagine that historic place.

I have been there many times over the last approximately 30 years. I also have walked all over the plaza and surrounding area and streets.   Only on the overpass do I get this feeling-which is uncomfortable to say the least.   Keep in mind I’m a former fighter and do not get frazzled easily.  Why this happens I have no idea.   

Edited by Cory Santos

Just now, Cory Santos said:

I have been there many times over the last approximately 30 years. I also have walked all over the plaza and surrounding area and streets.   Only on the overpass do I get this feeling-which is uncomfortable to say the least.   Keep in mind I’m a former fighter and do not get frazzled easily.  Why this happens I have no idea.   

Strange indeed.

By fighter...do you mean boxer?

8 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Yeah. Lol haven’t you googled me?    Everyone has googled Cliff Varnel who I keep trapped in my basement but not me ha ha ha.   

Wow...what a resume!

Actor, Boxer, Attorney?

We've got a true life celebrity on our forum folks!

Almost there guys and gals!!!! We had to drop two of our group off at Six Flags in Arlington and now we're headed back to Dallas. I am a HUGE fan of Six Flags too! Rather go to Six Flags than to the mountains or the beach myself! So that says A LOT about how much this means to me if I would pass up Six Flags for it, lol!

1 hour ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Almost there guys and gals!!!! We had to drop two of our group off at Six Flags in Arlington and now we're headed back to Dallas. I am a HUGE fan of Six Flags too! Rather go to Six Flags than to the mountains or the beach myself! So that says A LOT about how much this means to me if I would pass up Six Flags for it, lol!

RIGHT ON JAMEY!

CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR DEALEY PLAZA VISIT STORY HERE ON THE FORUM.

The thing that struck me the most was just how small that area really is! Anyone else that has been there struck by just how small an area it is from the turn on Elm to the triple underpass? It looks like such a big area on TV and in pictures and such but I could literally throw a rock from any given point and hit another, lol!

6 minutes ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

The thing that struck me the most was just how small that area really is! Anyone else that has been there struck by just how small an area it is from the turn on Elm to the triple underpass? It looks like such a big area on TV and in pictures and such but I could literally throw a rock from any given point and hit another, lol!

I've read and heard that many times.

1 hour ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Yeah, a lot of people take from this that the shots were easier than they thought. They make the mistake, however, of thinking of the shots in isolation...like "Heck, even I could make that shot." Rapid firing with a dead-bolt rifle is of course another story. 

3 hours ago, Jamey Flanagan said:

Doorway Man 2022? 😂😂😂

received_1498816637238601.jpeg

Cool picture!  Nice hat (are you from Alabama?).  You should be back further into the corner though . . .

Looks like you were there about two hours, probably not time enough for the Sixth Floor, though it is cheaper than Six Flags.

Edited by Ron Bulman