The Education Forum

"FINANCIAL OVERSEER" CANDIDATES

Any person interested in this volunteer position is encouraged to reply here or directly via the Admin/s.

I believe the main requirement is that you reside in the U.S.

Other concerns/duties can be addressed either publicly/privately.

Initial Closing Date: Friday Aug19 

Thank you to those who are interested.

Chris

As one of the administrators, I will stress that we seek someone trustworthy, obviously. But we also need the person to be able to track the financial situation of The Education Forum. I think we could pin a post in which you could make a monthly report on income, expense, and balance on hand, to create a level of transparency for the members and guests who contribute to the Forum. Once the PayPal account is set up and the withdrawal arrangement with InVision is established, and once we post a pinned link to the new PayPal account, the rest should more or less work on "autopilot."

18 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

As one of the administrators, I will stress that we seek someone trustworthy, obviously. But we also need the person to be able to track the financial situation of The Education Forum. I think we could pin a post in which you could make a monthly report on income, expense, and balance on hand, to create a level of transparency for the members and guests who contribute to the Forum. Once the PayPal account is set up and the withdrawal arrangement with InVision is established, and once we post a pinned link to the new PayPal account, the rest should more or less work on "autopilot."

😋

I'm not sure if this is a nomination page. But I think Chris, Sandy and Ty have all been actively involved in seeking creative solutions to the funding problems.I don't know who would be interested. But  I trust all of them and I think they'd all be good.

To be clear. It appears the applicant would be picked by the mods. I just want the people I've mentioned to know, if they're thinking of applying, IMO, I approve and I think they should.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 8/16/2022 at 12:34 PM, Mark Knight said:

😊

😎

More than happy with any of the names above to do it. Chris, you’ve demonstrated you have a keen eye for details and numbers. I would suggest it suits a skillset or natural aptitude that you have. If you are chose and accept, I am sure we’d all be grateful. 

I'm not as familiar with Ty, but I would generally second Kirk's nomination of Chris Davidson or Sandy. 

I thought of suggesting Chris but thought James might have thought he stepped on his toes a bit.  In that he did take action instituting a survey of his own initiative.  I've no idea if Chris would be willing to take this on.  Mark mentioned his age in relation to the position, as did Tye.  Is Chris an old fart like me of 66 soon with a Dad that passed at 71?   Does that matter at this time regarding the subject?

It is still James site, hopefully with input from Mark, Kathy and other administrators.  But something needs to be done in the not too distant future.  We need to have a real pledge drive to see if a year's funding or commitments to can be secured.  If not, how the archives can be preserved.

Closing Day.

😎

Chris Davidson hasn't responded as to whether he would accept the position. His name has been placed in nomination by several forum members. Sandy Larsen has indicated to the administrators that he would accept the position if offered. I'm fine with either one.

I’d like to thank everyone for their kind comments.

But, it is/was not my intention to fill the financial overseer void.

It was, to expedite the election process once we knew the forum was on more solid financial ground for the immediate future.

I think this past week provided plenty of time for those interested to express themselves.

We had a long, very spirited discussion about the many different options available for setting up - funding, etc etc.

Apparently, Sandy has expressed interest in taking over the position.

I think Sandy would do an excellent job and has my full support.

If there are others that volunteered, I have complete faith the the Admin team will choose who they believe is the most capable for the forums future well being.

Chris