The Education Forum

PrayerPerson ???

Chris Davidson

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Henry Frost said:

The image from the prayer-man site is heavily filtered, probably to bring out details.

Compare the pm site image (left) with a Darnell screen cap (right).                                                                                               
If you look at the columns on the right in both images, you can see grey squares and rectangles on the PM site filtered image. The filtering added noise. Also, the people look funny in the filtered image.

comparison.jpg.57f5a7055bed2d954b133078587fd19c.jpg

Henry,

The frame on the left isn't from the PM website. It is from Duncan's forum, posted by Alan Ford. (According to Chris Davidson.) That is the one where the filtering added noise, e.g. the spots on the left column. (According to you.)

EDIT:  Oh wait, maybe you are right. I just started reading a later post that seems to suggest that that Alan Ford photo is also at the ROKC site. (Is that the PM site? I thought that PM has it's own site.) I need to read more.

5 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

In fact, I can pretty much guarantee that most "Prayer Man" believers will move on to something else in the near future, as its momentum seems to have stalled.

I think you're right Pat. But they will continue believing that Oswald was out on the steps with Shelley watching the P. Parade, and that Lovelady, Shelley, and Frazier helped to cover that up and to discredit Victoria Adams so that the fabricated 2nd-floor encounter between Oswald and Baker worked. Because that is what the totality of the evidence suggests.

17 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Andrej has my support. I agree with every word he said.

Like Pat, I was also involved in the long Prayer Man thread. But I was never convinced by any of the Prayer Woman arguments. This was when I was on the fence and before my research led me to believe that Oswald was out on the steps during the motorcade. (And that the second floor encounter was fabricated to discredit Oswald's alibi -- both his real one, being outside, and the WC's official one, being on the first floor.) It wasn't till after Andrej's model (showed with that PP could be Oswald standing one step down from the top landing), and Malcolm Blunt's discovery (of Hosty's note verifying that Oswald's alibi was indeed being on the TSBD steps during the P. Parade) that I finally got off the fence and decided Prayer Man probably was Oswald. Oh yeah, and also after Bart's research eliminated other contenders.

It amazes me that there are still so many people who think that PM is a woman. I wonder if some of these are simply married to the second-floor encounter story and want to discredit it's alternative.

Sandy:

many thanks for your comments; your opinions are important to me.

16 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

This looks like an own goal. We should not be disseminating any doctored (one can say "filtered") images as people may consider them to be original assassination pictures and will likely draw incorrect conclusions. There is no benefit in showing the altered Darnell picture anywhere within the JFKA community.

15 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I think I saw this on the JFK Assassination Forum some years ago. Wasn't this photo taken years later? 

Yes, this picture appeared in June 2018 when Brian Doyle contacted from members of Mrs Stanton's family. Linda Zambanini was instrumental in indentifying the family members.

43 minutes ago, Andrej Stancak said:

This looks like an own goal. We should not be disseminating any doctored (one can say "filtered") images as people may consider them to be original assassination pictures and will likely draw incorrect conclusions. There is no benefit in showing the altered Darnell picture anywhere within the JFKA community.

You mean the photo with a red arrow on the PM website is altered/filtered?

1 hour ago, Denis Morissette said:

You mean the photo with a red arrow on the PM website is altered/filtered?

Yes the photos from Duncan's site and the PM site are already doctored. The ones with the red arrow. 

I agree with Andrej that you can't base an analysis starting with a heavily filtered or doctored image. You can get all kinds of strange artifacts with so much filtering.

I hope your trip to Dallas is successful. Enjoy your trip regardless.

12 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Okay, I see that Darnell frame on the PM site now. (I didn't before because my browser warned me not to trust the site because of security certificate issue. But this time I overrode it.)

Yeah the image on the PM site is already altered.  I got the same security warning, I had to tell my anti-virus software twice to let me on already.  I did run a full virus scan after though.

Edited by Henry Frost

17 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

You can bet I'll be viewing it. I hope to be there for 2 week to give me the opportunity to visit several Universities in Texas. I'll be on the hunt of never-before-published photos and material. I think it would be possible to ask the 6FM archivist to obtain a few screenshots so the researcher can look at it on the screen. I think they should get them ready so researchers can view them right away.

That's nice to hear.

Good luck with the search endeavor.

I've emailed James, just waiting for a response.

13 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I think you're right Pat. But they will continue believing that Oswald was out on the steps with Shelley watching the P. Parade, and that Lovelady, Shelley, and Frazier helped to cover that up and to discredit Victoria Adams so that the fabricated 2nd-floor encounter between Oswald and Baker worked. Because that is what the totality of the evidence suggests.

Pauline Sanders left the SECOND floor lunchroom at 12:20. She told the FBI that she never saw Oswald AT ANY TIME on Novermber 22, 1963. ( 22 H 672 ) That includes the second floor lunchroom.

She took up her place to watch the motorcade in front of the TSBD. In addition, there were seven other office people in front of the building who gave statements to the FBI ( Jane Berry, Avery Davis, Judith McCully, Madie Reese, Sarah Stanton, Betty Thornton and Otis Williams ). This is in addition to Lovelady, Shelley and Frazier.

None of these 11 people ever reported seeing Oswald on the front steps. IMO the evidence indicates that Oswald was in the Domino Room on the first floor eating lunch. Not one employee reported to the FBI that they saw him in the second floor lunchroom, no one saw him on the sixth floor and no one reported seeing him outside on the front steps of the building.

I agree with Pat. People look at blurry pictures and see whatever they want to see.

That's why I don't get involved in picture interpretations. 

If people want to believe that Oswald was on the front steps and there was a conspiracy between the employees to cover it up, well, you can ignore reality and speculate that the world is flat, that men can get pregnant, or that the truth is whatever you say it is.

Nowadays, everybody has their own "truth".

It all comes down to: does the evidence support the theory ?

IMO the evidence doesn't support Oswald being on the front steps.

Who that is I can't tell you. I can't even tell if it's a male or female. 

But IMO, the evidence tells me that it's not Oswald.