The Education Forum

If the back wound was an exit wound

Ron Ecker

Here's my tentative scenario. A shot was fired from the grassy knoll, hitting JFK in the throat. The bullet hit his spinal column, which deflected the bullet out the back of JFK's right shoulder. The raising of JFK's elbows is indicative of spinal injury, and he appears to be paralyzed thereafter.

A shot from atop the south end of the overpass then hit JFK in the head, blowing out the right rear of the head.

Emmett Hudson heard the first shot, and the sound ("from behind and above me," to quote from his 11/22/63 statement) apparently distracted him, as he testified to the WC that he was not even aware that JFK was hit until the second shot hit him in the head. Hudson witnessed the head shot. Hudson then heard a third shot, which must have been fired by Hatman or Badge Man and missed. (Hudson testified that perhaps the third shot hit JFK in the throat, after the head shot, which we know is not true.)

Question: Would a shooter at the Hatman position have a shot at JFK at the time of the throat wound, or would that shot have to be fired from someone in Badge Man's position?

BTW Hudson testified to only one man being with him on the steps. They had sat together, and stood up as the motorcade approached. Hudson never mentions the arrival of the third man, who is suddenly standing in front of them with the red shirt and dark trousers.

This third man obviously hurried down to join them as the limo was approaching. His blurred image as he is hurrying or starts to hurry down is seen in photos as Black Dog Man.

Ron

Question: Would a shooter at the Hatman position have a shot at JFK at the time of the throat wound, or would that shot have to be fired from someone in Badge Man's position?

Sam Holland said that he thought the first shot came from the same area over by the fence somewhere.

BTW Hudson testified to only one man being with him on the steps. They had sat together, and stood up as the motorcade approached. Hudson never mentions the arrival of the third man, who is suddenly standing in front of them with the red shirt and dark trousers.

This third man obviously hurried down to join them as the limo was approaching. His blurred image as he is hurrying or starts to hurry down is seen in photos as Black Dog Man.

I think Hudson didn't mention the third man because he wasn't the focus of the discussion at the time. If you look at the Willis photo you will see the man in the red shirt on the lower steps and the man next to Hudson already in place with the BDM still at the wall.

Sam Holland said that he thought the first shot came from the same area over by the fence somewhere.

Bill,

I realize what Holland said, but the question is, would Hatman have a line of sight necessary to have inflicted the throat wound. I don't think the limo was visible around the corner of the fence yet, at least not long enough to track the target before firing. In which case the first shot had to come not from the east-west segment of the fence, but from the north-south segment where Badge Man was (requiring more deflection of the bullet), unless Hatman could shoot over the north-south segment from where he was.

Ron

I don't think the limo was visible around the corner of the fence yet, at least not long enough to track the target before firing. In which case the first shot had to come not from the east-west segment of the fence, but from the north-south segment where Badge Man was (requiring more deflection of the bullet), unless Hatman could shoot over the north-south segment from where he was.

Ron

In the Willis and Betzner photos the Badge Man is hidden behind the pyracantha bush. I believe the Hat Man is looking in the direction of the limo as Bowers had stated. Whether he is shooting at that time I do not know. See below.

I believe this to be the Hat Man seen looking towards the motorcade as Bowers had stated.

Edited by Bill Miller

Good Day.... FWIW, this is what the HSCA stated about President KENNEDY's back wound....

(QUOTE)

There is a sharply outlined area of red-brown to black around the wound in which there is dried, superficial denudation of the skin, representing a typical abrasion collar resulting from the bullet's scraping the margins of the skin at the moment of penetration. This is characteristic of gunshot wounds of entrance and not typical of exit wounds. This abrasion extends around the entire circumference, but, is most prominent between 1 o'clock and 7 o'clock about the defect (with the head at 12 o'clock). In addition, there are several small linear, superficial lacerations or tears of the skin extending radically from the margins of the wound at 10 o'clock, 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock. These measure 0.1, 0.2 and 0.1 centimeter respectively. Photographically enhanced prints of photographs Nos. 38 and 39 reveal much more sharply contrasted color determination and, to some degree, more sharply outlined detail of the abrasion collar described above.

Several members of the panel believe, based on an examination of these enhancements, that when the body is repositioned in the anatomic position (not the position at the moment of shooting) the direction of the missile in the body on initial penetration was slightly upward, inasmuch as the lower margin of the skin is abraded in an upward direction. Furthermore, the wound beneath the skin appears to be tunneled from below upward.

The panel concurs with the assessment that the color photographs made during the autopsy of President Kennedy are authentic, as described in correspondence of Frank Scott of the photographic evidence panel, dated June 13, 1978. (6)

(END QUOTE)

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John" Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHOS...update2001.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"Nobody is more interested than I in knowing who is responsible for the death of President Kennedy."

---- ROBERT F. KENNEDY, March, 1968 in response to a student question at San Fernando Valley state college in California.