The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Joseph Backes said:

The guy who started this thread told me he's a family friend.  He said Lifton was living in the Las Vegas area. So, that should limit a search for local news about this.

Thanks for the info.

David Lifton Facebook post from a couple years ago:

· 

Hi everyone — I appreciate the support.
I’m devoting full time to the writing of Final Charade.
This book will explain —once and for all —the plot as it was supposed to occur —with full details about the pre-planned cover-up.
Even though I just turned 81, my life has not followed the usual retirement routine..
I was recently car jacked — at about 11:50 one evening, in a supposedly safe area.
Three assailants confronted me, and shoved a 9 mm Glock into my face, instucting me turn over my car keys, and then lie down on the asphalt where this occurred, while they roared away in my Honda. While the Glock was pointed at my forehead, I remained calm and looked at the hand, with its finger on the trigger. And i actually thought: if this S.O.B. actually pulls that trigger, my work will have been for naught, and the truth about Oswald will not be found.
I survived this trauma; unfortunatey, and contrary to police optimism, my car is still missing.
I appreciate all youir support.

2 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

So you knew him well enough to know if he has family. Does he have family? Did he live with someone? Can you call his phone number in the hopes that someone picks up and then you can inquire about his collection? What is his address? Maybe a member can drive to his place? Can you help at all?

The two times I met up with David, it was in Beverly Hills. I believe he lived in the area. As we know he went to UCLA, and I don't think he ever moved very far from there. Until recently. The last time we talked I think he did mention something about Las Vegas. 

As far as family, he never married, and I believe he spent most of his life living alone. Long before I met David, or even got obsessed with the Kennedy case, however, I worked with a guy in the record biz, who told me Lifton was his wife's uncle. So he had extended family here in Southern California.

As far as his records...David told me that the vast majority of his stuff was either given to the National Archives or in storage and not readily accessible. On at least three occasions, he called me in hopes I could help him find a primary source for something mentioned on my website, or posted on the Ed Forum. 

As far as his book... It started out as a bio of Oswald, built upon interviews with Marina. I believe he could have finished this decades ago. But he was stuck on his body alteration theory, and wanted to double-down on that. So his final book was to be a two-parter--a history of Oswald merged with an update and expansion of his thoughts on the medical evidence. Will it ever come out? That's anyone's guess. 

I will say that if his departure is confirmed, I will share what he thought was an important breakthrough in his thinking. I didn't write it down, but I can only assume others will have more details and help fill in the blanks. 

P.S. I called his phone number and the phone number was no mas. As it was a local number, however, it might only mean he got a new number after moving to Vegas. 

Edited by Pat Speer

2 hours ago, Denis Morissette said:

At least, ONE person tried something! 

In 2020, Lifton put up a gofundme for getting Final Charade published. Sounds like it's complete - or at least maybe it would be better to call that the "2020 version" because DSL always added stuff to Best Evidence right before he published it.

18 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

The two times I met up with David, it was in Beverly Hills. I believe he lived in the area. As we know he went to UCLA, and I don't think he ever moved very far from there. Until recently. The last time we talked I think he did mention something about Las Vegas. 

As far as family, he never married, and I believe he spent most of his life living alone. Long before I met David, or even got obsessed with the Kennedy case, however, I worked with a guy in the record biz, who told me Lifton was his wife's uncle. So he had extended family here in Southern California.

As far as his records...David told me that the vast majority of his stuff was either given to the National Archives or in storage and not readily accessible. On at least three occasions, he called me in hopes I could help him find a primary source for something mentioned on my website, or posted on the Ed Forum. 

As far as his book... It started out as a bio of Oswald, built upon interviews with Marina. I believe he could have finished this decades ago. But he was stuck on his body alteration theory, and wanted to double-down on that. So his final book was to be a two-parter--a history of Oswald merged with an update and expansion of his thoughts on the medical evidence. Will it ever come out? That's anyone's guess. 

I will say that if his departure is confirmed, I will share what he thought was an important breakthrough in his thinking. I didn't write it down, but I can only assume others will have more details and help fill in the blanks. 

P.S. I called his phone number and the phone number was no mas. As it was a local number, however, it might only mean he got a new number after moving to Vegas. 

Pat, thanks for the info! Matt Douthit was working with David and was in frequent contact with him. I let him know of David's passing + everyone's concern about his new book.

1 hour ago, Pat Speer said:

Thanks, Pat.

I have been in contact with David fairly regularly and he seemed fine last time we spoke. He has not mentioned any health issues. I tried calling him a few minutes ago and there was no answer, will try again later. Last I spoke to him, I was under the impression he still lives in Los Angeles area, not Las Vegas.

Edited by Greg Burnham

I just did another search, and there is still no print or broadcast entity that has anything about this.

And this is one day old.

2 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I just did another search, and there is still no print or broadcast entity that has anything about this.

And this is one day old.

That's not surprising. They wouldn't publish anything if the family hasn't told them. I talked to another researcher who'd been in recent contact with Lifton, and he confirmed that Lifton had been living in Vegas and that his phone number has been disconnected. 

4 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

And this is one day old.

I am starting to get a weird feeling about this. 

1 minute ago, Pat Speer said:

That's not surprising. They wouldn't publish anything if the family hasn't told them. I talked to another researcher who'd been in recent contact with Lifton, and he confirmed that Lifton had been living in Vegas and that his phone number has been disconnected. 

Any chance that David may still be alive and perhaps in the hospital (or a hospice) instead?

3 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Any chance that David may still be alive and perhaps in the hospital (or a hospice) instead?

Steven Kossor started this thread. He would be the one to know. 

Edited by Pat Speer