The Education Forum

A Companion Car To SS-100-X?

https://blogspot.com/The-Cincinnati-Enquirer-November-23-1963

The above Cincinnati newspaper has an interesting tidbit in the article in the lower-right corner (re: limousines). It says:

The-Cincinnati-Enquirer-Nov-23-1963--Cli

I have never heard about the existence of such a companion car. Anybody know anything about it? And do any photos exist of it?

Edited by David Von Pein

12 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

https://blogspot.com/The-Cincinnati-Enquirer-November-23-1963

The above Cincinnati newspaper has an interesting tidbit in the article in the lower-right corner (re: limousines). It says:

The-Cincinnati-Enquirer-Nov-23-1963--Cli

I have never heard about the existence of such a car. Anybody know anything about it? And do any photos exist of it?

Very much so, yes. I learned about this in the late 1990's. Photo(s) to follow soon.

18 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I have never heard about the existence of such a car. Anybody know anything about it? And do any photos exist of it?

Upon digging a little deeper into this, I have now answered my own question (via the Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper article seen below, from June 27, 1962). Click to enlarge:

The-Cincinnati-Enquirer-Jun-27-1962 (N

Edited by David Von Pein

3 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Upon digging a little deeper into this, I have now answered my own question (via the Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper article seen below, from June 27, 1962). Click to enlarge:

Great! Here it is seen trailing JFK's limo (note the two license plate numbers) on 3/27/63 in Washington, D.C.:

May be an image of 2 people, car and road

34 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

I was correct about the limo behind JFK's being Jackie's limo (SS-297-X): May be an image of text that says 'In 1962 second Lincoln Continental limousine was designed Ford conjunction with Hess and Eisenhardt; this built for Jackie, and was called SS- 297-X. Although it stretch limo, thi ways resembled SS-100-X. Pamela Brown brought information this imo, also called the Shiek II" 'to he community using iles and photographs found at Henry Ford Museum Research Center'

1 hour ago, Adam Johnson said:

Looks like Greer and Kellermen, as Presidential drive team number 1 was current as of March 63'.

No--that is SAIC Gerald Behn in the front seat AND Thomas Shipman also drove the limo. Note the military aide between the two, as well.

1 hour ago, Adam Johnson said:

Looks like Greer and Kellermen, as Presidential drive team number 1 was current as of March 63'.

(Kellerman can be seen in the follow-up car front passenger seat to the right)

On 12/7/2022 at 11:44 PM, Vince Palamara said:

Great! Here it is seen trailing JFK's limo (note the two license plate numbers) on 3/27/63 in Washington, D.C.:

May be an image of 2 people, car and road

Clearly Greer driving the jfklimo.  

Probably Hickey driving Queen Mary. Kellerman in passenger seat.

Kinney drove the QM when Hickey killed JFK, but i dont think Kinney is anywhere in this pix.

But who are the other agents in QM -- at least 4 ovem.

The SSA sitting high up in the rear seat is interesting. This is where Hickey sat high up when he killed JFK. But Hickey was sitting high up on 2 leather AR15 cases -- i think that our SSA here is just sort of perched/thrust back against the back of the seat (unless he has borrowed something to sit on).

Edited by Marjan Rynkiewicz

1 hour ago, Marjan Rynkiewicz said:

Clearly Greer driving the jfklimo.  

Probably Hickey driving Queen Mary. Kellerman in passenger seat.

Kinney drove the QM when Hickey killed JFK, but i dont think Kinney is anywhere in this pix.

But who are the other agents in QM -- at least 4 ovem.

The SSA sitting high up in the rear seat is interesting. This is where Hickey sat high up when he killed JFK. But Hickey was sitting high up on 2 leather AR15 cases -- i think that our SSA here is just sort of perched/thrust back against the back of the seat (unless he has borrowed something to sit on).

Next to Kellerman- Agent Ron Pontius (still alive); agent on other side- Agent Toby Chandler (still alive). Agent directly seated behind Kellerman- it looks like either Don Lawton (deceased) or Frank Yeager (still alive); I am torn on which it is. The other gentleman does not appear to be an agent but a member of the media.

On 12/7/2022 at 7:15 AM, Vince Palamara said:

I was correct about the limo behind JFK's being Jackie's limo (SS-297-X): May be an image of text that says 'In 1962 second Lincoln Continental limousine was designed Ford conjunction with Hess and Eisenhardt; this built for Jackie, and was called SS- 297-X. Although it stretch limo, thi ways resembled SS-100-X. Pamela Brown brought information this imo, also called the Shiek II" 'to he community using iles and photographs found at Henry Ford Museum Research Center'

Yes. In addition, Jackie may have confused 'her' car with SS100X in her Warren Commission testimony when she said 'you couldn't hear them, you know, because of the windshield..." SS297x had.a permanent second windshield.  SS100X did not; it had been removed and redesigned three months after delivery to the White House...