The Education Forum

Politico will publish early scoop on the JFK Records

Shenon writes - “Those documents suggested the CIA’s Mexico station bungled evidence …”

The term “those documents” refers to the previous releases, not the upcoming batch.

Obviously, the JFK Records Act continues to be flouted, and it will require continuing legal and public relations efforts to shake this material free. Soothing words assuring the public that nothing seriously compromising will appear in the still-withhold files strongly suggests, by other precedents, that something seriously compromising is in fact being hidden.

As an example, political and intelligence officials from Australia and Great Britain strenuously denied any subterfuge in the dismissal of the Whitlam government in the mid 1970s, and did so for decades. It was only in the last year, and only after many years of determined efforts by interested citizens, that all the information was released and showed that indeed the rot went right to the top (the Queen), that the people had been flat-out lied to over five decades, and that the darkest and most outrageous scenario was pretty much exactly what occurred.

"Several of the newly declassified documents will refer, directly or indirectly, to the activities of the undercover CIA operatives in the agency’s Mexico City station who mounted an aggressive surveillance operation against Oswald when he visited the Mexican capital in September 1963, just several weeks before the assassination."  If the surveillance was so "aggressive," why did it fail to photograph LHO?

"Those documents suggested the CIA’s Mexico station bungled evidence that, had it been passed on quickly to the Secret Service and other agencies in Washington, could have saved Kennedy’s life."  Uh, the CIA chief of station in Mexico City, noted for his excellent memory and attention to detail, wrote in a memoir that every piece of information that the  Mexico City station obtained on LHO was reported to CIA headquarters.

Shenon has been an establishment guy favoured to write limited hang outs and non revealing revelations. The fact that his history of the 9/11 Commission was headlined 'the uncensored history' of that group was pretty funny.

Hopefully Newman and others can find some worthwhile things in the new docs today once the staffers have had their coffee and pressed the button to release them.

8 hours ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

‘About to Release More JFK Files…’ 

more information is about to come to light — but not everything’

‘more’ files not ‘all’ files

‘For this nation’s army of conspiracy theorists, few long-secret government documents have whipped up so much suspicion in the 59 years since President John F. Kennedy’s death as the CIA’s massive, multivolume background file on assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.’

‘White House officials hope at least a little of that suspicion will be lifted later today.’

Shenon is such a tool. And I mean that in every sense of the word.

They’re kicking the can down the road again flipping the bird at the law. That should be the main thrust of his story not this condescending piece of shyte.

This is even worse than I had feared.

And Philip Shenon? Beneath contempt. 

On Google, I scrolled through the bulk of coverage. "More files released, Biden says 97% of files released, blah-blah." 

The true lede graph, "Nearly six decades after the JFKA, President Joe Biden still refuses to release in full period documents that serous researchers say could confirm relations between the CIA and accused assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald." 

Ask Shenon this:

Where is the HSCA report entitled "Was Oswald an Agent of the CIA?"

It is noted in the Lopez Report footnotes, but Eddy was shocked when I told him it was not declassified with the report.

He said, "They always hated that part.  If I had been them I would have hated it too."

OK, Phil, there is the lead.  You will bury it.

13 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The true lede graph, "Nearly six decades after the JFKA, President Joe Biden still refuses to release in full period documents that serous researchers say could confirm relations between the CIA and accused assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald."

Bingo!

I return to my previous conclusion - obfuscation at this late date and at this level means the CIA is guilty as hell. Any other conclusion is beyond naive.

3 minutes ago, Michaleen Kilroy said:

Bingo!

I return to my previous conclusion - obfuscation at this late date and at this level means the CIA is guilty as hell. Any other conclusion is beyond naive.

It is a good day to not read the "news."

The corporatist press, Donk or 'Phant, cannot even frame the story properly, let alone pursue it. 

Government secrecy, unless strictly and obviously warranted, should be an automatic anathema to any real journalist. 

Instead, we get apathy.