The Education Forum

Uploading Images

Never mind. I had a typo in the type of file. I typed

a comma instead of a period (,jpg instead of .jpg)

If I reach a limit of space for posting images, I will

just stop posting. My research deals with photos, not

words. No images I post become obsolete.

Thanks.

Jack

I found it very hard to believe it was possible or likely that even you had achieved the massive new allocation I had set for you only yesterday. :hotorwot

Am I to take it from your last announcement that you have no interest in managing your uploads as I have requested?

I am afraid I will be unable to give you any further space once this has gone.

Andy,

I assume others are still having the same problem, because no one is posting photos. I have been unable to post any photos for weeks, and I have no posts on this particular forum containing photos. The only photos I have on this entire site are the ones in my Rear Head Wound seminar. If I have to delete those, it essentially renders the seminar useless. I guess if I have to delete those photos to post something of great importance I will, but when members request photos I may have(such as the JFK wedding photos John requested), they may be out of luck(and allocated space).

RJS

Never mind. I had a typo in the type of file. I typed

a comma instead of a period (,jpg instead of .jpg)

If I reach a limit of space for posting images, I will

just stop posting. My research deals with photos, not

words. No images I post become obsolete.

Thanks.

Jack

I found it very hard to believe it was possible or likely that even you had achieved the massive new allocation I had set for you only yesterday. :hotorwot

Am I to take it from your last announcement that you have no interest in managing your uploads as I have requested?

I am afraid I will be unable to give you any further space once this has gone.

Andy,

I assume others are still having the same problem, because no one is posting photos. I have been unable to post any photos for weeks, and I have no posts on this particular forum containing photos. The only photos I have on this entire site are the ones in my Rear Head Wound seminar. If I have to delete those, it essentially renders the seminar useless. I guess if I have to delete those photos to post something of great importance I will, but when members request photos I may have(such as the JFK wedding photos John requested), they may be out of luck(and allocated space).

RJS

Jack, Please don't leave. I just saw you on tv last night. An old MWKK. I had thought it was the 40th anniversary edition and I wanted to check something, but it turuned out to be the old one with You and Gary Mack and the Badgeman stuff.

Also the hour on the French connection, hubby and I watched all three hours, great stuff.

We want to see your images.

Dawn

I had no idea that each member has an allotment of image space. This seems

odd since most members post NO images, and a few of us deal ONLY in image

research. I do not have time to "manage" postings I have made in the past

and have no interest in taking the time to do so. I joined this forum at the

special INVITATION of John Simkin, who felt that my photographic research would

be a useful addition to his forum. I feel that I am doing John a "favor" by

sharing my research for your members. If you wish me to cease, just say so,

and I will quit sharing my research.

Jack :rolleyes:

I have to agree with a response that Richard Smith posted only briefly before it turned up missing for some odd reason ... and it said words to the effect that 'posting those ridiculous Apollo observations is a waste of forum space, especially one that deals with the assassination of JFK.'

John Simkin also invited me here as well if I am not mistaken and I am sure he wouldn't want me running up photographic space by posting images of Bigfoot and UFO's which happen to be subjects outside of the JFK assassination that I have an interest in.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

There is 194.66mb upload space left on this forum. I think this should be enough :rolleyes:

I have enabled the facility for members to upload on request. If any member would like this facility please contact me and I will set it up.

I am posting an image just to show Jack that it can be done :lol:

I had no idea that each member has an allotment of image space. This seems

odd since most members post NO images, and a few of us deal ONLY in image

research. I do not have time to "manage" postings I have made in the past

and have no interest in taking the time to do so. I joined this forum at the

special INVITATION of John Simkin, who felt that my photographic research would

be a useful addition to his forum. I feel that I am doing John a "favor" by

sharing my research for your members. If you wish me to cease, just say so,

and I will quit sharing my research.

Jack :lol:

I have to agree with a response that Richard Smith posted only briefly before it turned up missing for some odd reason ... and it said words to the effect that 'posting those ridiculous Apollo observations is a waste of forum space, especially one that deals with the assassination of JFK.'

John Simkin also invited me here as well if I am not mistaken and I am sure he wouldn't want me running up photographic space by posting images of Bigfoot and UFO's which happen to be subjects outside of the JFK assassination that I have an interest in.

Bill Miller

Mr. Miller... does Big Foot exist??? :rolleyes:

Edited by Denis Morissette

I joined this forum at the special INVITATION of John Simkin, who felt that my photographic research would be a useful addition to his forum. I feel that I am doing John a "favor" by sharing my research for your members. If you wish me to cease, just say so, and I will quit sharing my research.

Bill Miller

My response was that White's statement was one of the most arrogant obnoxious posts I've read on any forum. I said he was on the moon, his poorly done DP work was crap anyway, and you blow him out of the water. I also said something like "aren't you the guy who found Badgeman?? What a letdown since then". Then I said many researchers, including me, were invited by John to join his forum. I concluded by saying he should poke a hole in his swelled head.

My post was deleted without notice.

RJS

I joined this forum at the special INVITATION of John Simkin, who felt that my photographic research would be a useful addition to his forum. I feel that I am doing John a "favor" by sharing my research for your members. If you wish me to cease, just say so, and I will quit sharing my research.

Bill Miller

My response was that White's statement was one of the most arrogant obnoxious posts I've read on any forum. I said he was on the moon, his poorly done DP work was crap anyway, and you blow him out of the water. I also said something like "aren't you the guy who found Badgeman?? What a letdown since then". Then I said many researchers, including me, were invited by John to join his forum. I concluded by saying he should poke a hole in his swelled head.

RJS

Richard, I certainly understand where you are coming from. I'm sure Jack has his reasons for being interested in the Apollo images - for a man who worked with photographs for as many years as he has tends to take his interest with him into other areas and topics. I just think, as you probably do, that regardless whether Jack is right or wrong in his observations, he is posting on a topic such as "Apollo" that doesn't belong in this section of the forum.

Bill

It looks like Richard and Bill are testing the administrators. I look forward to seeing the administrators' reaction! :rolleyes:

This thread was supposed to be uploading pictures, not uploading problems.

Well, two minutes ago I was by myself on this board, all of sudden we are six! Are you in the same room???

Edited by Denis Morissette

RJS

It seems that I need to remind members of rule iv.

(iv) Members should not make personal attacks on other members. Nor should references be made to their abilities as researchers. Most importantly, the motivations of the poster should not be questioned. At all times members should concentrate on what is being said, rather than who is saying it. It is up to the reader to look at the biography submitted by the poster, to judge whether they are telling the truth or not. The word “xxxx” is banned from use on the forum.

Richard’s comments about Jack White were unacceptable and was deleted. I do not go along with Jack’s theories about the Moon landings but he deserves to be treated with respect. If people make personal attacks on Jack or on any other forum member they will have their posts deleted.

It looks like Richard and Bill are testing the administrators. I look forward to seeing the administrators' reaction!  :rolleyes:

You are of course right. This is not the first time Richard has done this. It has also been noticed that some members spend more time trying to upset other members than they do posting information about the assassination.

I wish people would spend more time on research than on making personal attacks on other members. One of the things that I find so disturbing is that threads like this get so many responses and page views whereas others that include important research are virtually ignored. Sometimes I get the impression that some people are more keen to take part in some sort of soap opera than they are in research.

Richard’s comments about Jack White were unacceptable and was deleted. I do not go along with Jack’s theories about the Moon landings but he deserves to be treated with respect. If people make personal attacks on Jack or on any other forum member they will have their posts deleted.

John - I think a lot of unecessary replies could be avoided if you had just addressed the issues being raised in the beginning. To your credit you did quickly raise the level of posting capabilities for some of us, but never addressed whether or not non-related JFK assassination photos were going to be premitted. I personally feel this section of the forum should remain dedicated to the Kennedy assassination.

Bill

To your credit you did quickly raise the level of posting capabilities for some of us, but never addressed whether or not non-related JFK assassination photos were going to be premitted.

Bill

Maybe because it is not business? I am not trying to be rude, but just provide you with a probable explanation. I guess you have already thought about this probability? B)

RJS

It seems that I need to remind members of rule iv.

(iv) Members should not make personal attacks on other members. Nor should references be made to their abilities as researchers. Most importantly, the motivations of the poster should not be questioned. At all times members should concentrate on what is being said, rather than who is saying it. It is up to the reader to look at the biography submitted by the poster, to judge whether they are telling the truth or not. The word “xxxx” is banned from use on the forum.

It looks like Richard and Bill are testing the administrators. I look forward to seeing the administrators' reaction!  ;)

You are of course right. This is not the first time Richard has done this. It has also been noticed that some members spend more time trying to upset other members than they do posting information about the assassination.

I wish people would spend more time on research than on making personal attacks on other members. One of the things that I find so disturbing is that threads like this get so many responses and page views whereas others that include important research are virtually ignored. Sometimes I get the impression that some people are more keen to take part in some sort of soap opera than they are in research.

John,

Mr White's comments to Andy were uncalled for. If my post pointing out that Mr White said he was doing us a favor by being here was deleted, then his original post should have also been deleted. If I was out of line I apologize, but there should be no double standard. And I should mention that a serious critique of Mr White's photographic work is not a personal attack on him. That's what open debate is all about. His Dealey Plaza work is controversial in the research community at the least, and severely flawed to many.

Regarding your comment "This is not the first time Richard has done this", you may be confusing posts I've made with emails we've exchanged. I have been VERY careful in my postings with regard to certain people here. Once again, you have been selective in your warnings, allowing some pretty crazy postings to occur, particularly regarding heated topics such as the Judyth Baker situation. I may call attention to members who have no supportive evidence who repeatedly accuse others of "having an agenda". Do you get tired of these "agenda" comments because you disagree with someone? Is making an unsubstantiated charge against Arlen Specter of funding a rape assault worthy of deletion? I only ask for equal treatment.

RJS