The Education Forum

"All went as planned, until..."

1 hour ago, Allen Lowe said:

it's actually not certain that he was armed at the theater; are there any police evidence photos of the hand gun? We have only the Dallas cops' say-so, no evidentiary proof, as far as I know (other than the aural reports and supposed notes of what he said in the interrogation, for which there is no documented - as in recorded, or stenographer-driven - proof or confirmation. I think it is possible that he had some part in the whole thing, but there is no possibility he fired any gun; there is nothing placing him on the third floor, we know from the book by Barry Earnest that he did not descend from the sixth floor after the shooting, he was spotted in other parts of the building close to the time of the shooting. None of this adds up. The more we know, the less we know.

"The more we know, the less we know."---AL

Ditto. 

I say, "If you are not confused, then maybe you do not understand the situation." :)

As an aside, I am not comfortable with Earnest's book.

The reason: Somebody, maybe not LHO, stuck a rifle out of the TSBD Sixth Floor window, and fired a shot or shots during the JFKA. There are multiple, earnest eyewitnesses to that. Not one of the witnesses can truly ID the gunman. 

OK: How did that mystery man get down the stairs? If no one saw the mystery man...then could have it been LHO? 

Just IMHO...

I cannot prove LHO had a revolver in the TT. It might have been planted.

But IMHO, the DPD was not "in on" the JFKA. 

IMHO, the JFKA resulted from a very small group of conspirators who had worked with other before, and trusted each other, as in men who had served in combat together in a larger cause. 

Cuban exiles, mercenaries. mobster gunsels attached to the CIA-Cuba situation. 

Just IMHO. 

That same person departed the building without being seen, whoever it was.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

But IMHO, the DPD was not "in on" the JFKA. 

Yes but what about elements of the DPD? What about Tippit? Who was he frantically looking for in the minutes before he was murdered? It seems to me it was LHO.

1 hour ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Yes but what about elements of the DPD? What about Tippit? Who was he frantically looking for in the minutes before he was murdered? It seems to me it was LHO.

Obviously, I cannot prove my point of view. 

Tippit was acting erratically, or possibly only unusually, by most accounts.

Perhaps Tippit thought he should be very active and diligent on the day when the President's murderer could be on the loose in Dallas. But how could a patrol officer, away from the scene of the crime, be diligent? So he raced around and looked into cars, and stopped LHO on the street, or maybe another gunsel who looked like LHO. 

I wonder if Tippit would be the type of fellow to invite into the JFKA plan. 

In general, here's my IMHO: The guys planning the JFKA were tight, very tight, very small in number, knew each other for years, trusted each other, all from the same organizations or battles or wars. They would dedicated to a consuming cause. Cubans exiles and anti-communist mercs fit the bill. 

Venturing across organizations to organize a Presidential assassination?

So, imagine you are in a CIA-related group planning the hit, and someone says, "Oh, we can get a lot of Dallas Police officers to participate also. Should I ask some of the guys down there do they want to help murder the President?" 

Add on: 

"Then we get building supervisor Truly and the Secret Service also to help us."

Well, surely anyone planning the JFKA wanted as few witting pre-JFKA players as possible. Like two or three, max. 

After the fact...loads of complicity. 

Just IMHO....

59 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Me neither,but word came down from the White House or JEH IMHO.

In fact,I personally believe that the Secret Service,CIA,FBI & the Dallas Police Department all received their marching orders from the White House.

Edited by Michael Crane

43 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Tippit was acting erratically, or possibly only unusually, by most accounts.

Perhaps Tippit thought he should be very active and diligent on the day when the President's murderer could be on the loose in Dallas. But how could a patrol officer, away from the scene of the crime, be diligent? So he raced around and looked into cars, and stopped LHO on the street, or maybe another gunsel who looked like LHO. 

I wonder if Tippit would be the type of fellow to invite into the JFKA plan. 

In general, here's my IMHO: The guys planning the JFKA were tight, very tight, very small in number, knew each other for years, trusted each other, all from the same organizations or battles or wars. They would dedicated to a consuming cause. Cubans exiles and anti-communist mercs fit the bill. 

Venturing across organizations to organize a Presidential assassination?

So, imagine you are in a CIA-related group planning the hit, and someone says, "Oh, we can get a lot of Dallas Police officers to participate also. Should I ask some of the guys down there do they want to help murder the President?" 

Add on: 

"Then we get building supervisor Truly and the Secret Service also to help us."

Well, surely anyone planning the JFKA wanted as few witting pre-JFKA players as possible. Like two or three, max. 

After the fact...loads of complicity. 

Just IMHO....

IF Tippit was charged with looking for a specific person like Oswald in the streets of Oak Cliff it is not a prerequisite that he know it has anything to do with the assassination, is it? Maybe he pieced together a connection with the JFKA in his mind and decided at the last minute against fulfilling his assigned task? Maybe that reticence cost him his life? I have heard that theory on this forum.  

His actions, in particular looking inside a stranger's car, do not seem to match a motive of just trying to be helpful or 'diligent'.

Its a mystery wish we had an answer.