The Education Forum

William Reymond: JFK, le Dernier Témoin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you John. Let me say that this book is not a Billie Sol biography but the result of a three years full time investigation. Billie Sol's allegations were the beginning. Then, Tom Bowden and myself spend much of our time trying to prove if Billie was right or not. Once, we did that, the next step was to go deeper on LBJ's involment, Texas politics, Mac Wallace, the Henry Marshall Case and of course the JFK assassination.

On 9th August, 1984, Estes' lawyer, Douglas Caddy, wrote to Stephen S. Trott at the U.S. Department of Justice. In the letter Caddy claimed that Estes, Lyndon B. Johnson, Mac Wallace and Cliff Carter had been involved in the murders of Henry Marshall, George Krutilek, Harold Orr, Ike Rogers, Coleman Wade, Josefa Johnson, John Kinser and John F. Kennedy. Caddy added: "Mr. Estes is willing to testify that LBJ ordered these killings, and that he transmitted his orders through Cliff Carter to Mac Wallace, who executed the murders."

(1) I can understand why Estes would have known about the deaths of people like Marshall, Krutilek, Orr, Rogers, Wade, Johnson and Kinser. However, I would have thought he would be outside the loop by 1963. How did he know about the JFK assassination?

(2) Mac Wallace seems a strange man to use to kill Kennedy. He had already been convicted of murdering a man who could be linked to LBJ. I would have thought he was the last person that LBJ would have used.

John,

these are good questions. So, first, you asked :

I can understand why Estes would have known about the deaths of people like Marshall, Krutilek, Orr, Rogers, Wade, Johnson and Kinser. However, I would have thought he would be outside the loop by 1963. How did he know about the JFK assassination?

Billie Sol Estes did not have first hand knowledge about the assassination. You are right, back in 1963, most of the ties between LBJ and BSE were cut. Billie Sol was in big trouble and Lyndon did want his name to be link with him. I know, that sometimes Billie said that he knew about Dallas prior November 22 but it's not true. His knowledge came from his 1971 conversation with Cliff Carter. The one he did tape. Cliff did express his regrets about some aspects of his role on LBJ's rise to power. One of them was the assassination. And the fact that LBJ gave to Mac the order to kill JFK.

Mac Wallace seems a strange man to use to kill Kennedy. He had already been convicted of murdering a man who could be linked to LBJ. I would have thought he was the last person that LBJ would have use

Yes and no. But first, let me state that. Before we were sure about the fingerprint, Tom and myself did spend quite a time to try to find if Mac Wallace was Mac Wallace. Several times, Billie said to us that he used Mac Wallace's name as an alias for somebody else. Though, he said that he didn't do that about the JFK's assassination but others murders. But then came the fingerprint...

About your question now. I guess as Historian, you have to be very careful when you try to understand a situation. Yes, NOW, it's pretty obvious than you can tie Mac to LBJ but it was less obvious back in 1963. Plus, do you thing that, as a shooter, you will take part of sucha kind of "project" without any guarantee. As, you will not be caught ? As i wrote in the book, one the most underated question is "Why Dallas". Dallas because they can control everything and they can assure the shooters that it will be a safe job. Then, Mac, is a safe choice. He got the right connection, the right ability, the right past and he so in need of LBJ.

His knowledge came from his 1971 conversation with Cliff Carter. The one he did tape.  Cliff did express his regrets about some aspects of his role on LBJ's rise to power. One of them was the assassination. And the fact that LBJ gave to Mac the order to kill JFK.

(1) Have you heard the Cliff Carter tape?

(2) Did Cliff Carter say how many gunman were used? Did he name anyone else other than Mac Wallace?

(3) Was Oswald aware of what was going on?

(4) Did LBJ pay for the assassination?

(5) Is there any plans for an English-language version of your book?

Hi William, a few questions about corroborating witnesses.

First, Kyle Brown was offered to the Justice Department in 1984 as a living witness who was present at Estes’ meeting with Cliff Carter and who would be willing to testify and corroborate Estes’ story. My understanding is that Brown still supports that and I was wondering if you obtained any sort of statement or affidavit from him on that? I'm also amazed that nobody else seems to have located him and that he has had zero visiblity as a first hand witness to Cliff Carters "confession". To me that would be almost as important as a fingerprint.

Second, its my understanding that Tom Bowden, who Estes has permitted to listen to one of the tapes. Bowden has not provided any detail on the tape other than to affirm it does contain what Estes has maintained and can be taken to implicate Lyndon Johnson as a murderer. Can you confirm that Bowden has listened to the tape and did you obtain a statement or affidavit from him as an actual witness to the existance of the tape and the conversation?

-- thank you, Larry

(1) Have you heard the Cliff Carter tape?

(2) Did Cliff Carter say how many gunman were used? Did he name anyone else other than Mac Wallace?

(3) Was Oswald aware of what was going on?

(4) Did LBJ pay for the assassination?

(5) Is there any plans for an English-language version of your book?

1) Let say that I can confirm that the tape is not another Billie's fairy tale.

2) No. He did name two others persons involved on the operation. The first one is Sheriff Bill Decker to control the motorcade and the aftermath. I cannot name the second one but his job was to be sure that Decker will do his job right.

3) Not in the tape. But I have several reasons to strongly believe that LHO knew that he was taking part of JFK assassination.

4) Not in the tape. But LBJ didn't pay for the assassination. Dallas did.

5) If rumors are right, Billie Sol is currently planning the release of the book. If he will do so, it will be without my publisher's approval and without Tom and myself's approvals and superivisation.

First, Kyle Brown was offered to the Justice Department in 1984 as a living witness who was present at Estes’ meeting with Cliff Carter and who would be willing to testify and corroborate Estes’ story. My understanding is that Brown still supports that and I was wondering if you obtained any sort of statement or affidavit from him on that? I'm also amazed that nobody else seems to have located him and that he has had zero visiblity as a first hand witness to Cliff Carters "confession". To me that would be almost as important as a fingerprint.

Larry, I'm a journalist and an author. So, I have two video tapes interviewes with Kyle but no affidavit. Not my job.

Second, its my understanding that Tom Bowden, who Estes has permitted to listen to one of the tapes. Bowden has not provided any detail on the tape other than to affirm it does contain what Estes has maintained and can be taken to implicate Lyndon Johnson as a murderer. Can you confirm that Bowden has listened to the tape and did you obtain a statement or affidavit from him as an actual witness to the existance of the tape and the conversation?

Tom Bowden don't have the credit he deserves. Tom was my daily partner on the story. We did spend three years together on the story. For commercial reasons, my publisher was not ready to put three names on the cover. They want to have mine bigger because my name can sell books. I did fight against that but business prevail. And Tom's name was kicked out. And it's a big shame. So, yes, I can confirm than Tom has listened to the tape.

William, thanks very much for the response!

Given that Estes offered Kyle Brown to the Justice department when he first named Wallace and that Justice seems to have totally ignored this corroboration, never even interviewing Brown, certainly we can't fault you for not doing their job...grin.

Do you have a feel whether Brown would be willing to talk to serious researchers who might try for an affidavit or is he fed up with this whole subject by now?

Obviously if there were an effort in Texas to take this to a Court of Inquiry something like his affidavit would be a key element.

-- thanks again, Larry

William,  thanks very much for the response!

Given that Estes offered Kyle Brown to the Justice department when he first named Wallace and that Justice seems to have totally ignored this corroboration,  never even interviewing Brown,  certainly we can't fault you for not doing their job...grin.

Do you have a feel whether Brown would be willing to talk to serious  researchers who might try for an affidavit or is he fed up with this whole subject by now?

Obviously if there were an effort in Texas to take this to a Court of Inquiry something like his affidavit would be a key element.

-- thanks again,  Larry

__________________________---

Mr Reymond,

Nathan Darby has asked me to ask you about the dvd, or video he was supposed to receive. Also "X" has asked re same just now on phone. Neither posts on forums so I am the "elected" volunteer for this task.

Did you find Billie to be credible?

Why do you think he is still alive?

Has anyone else evaluated the print evidence? ((Aside from FBI and Mark Sample's guys)? (Oh. and the other expert in Tx. who also found a match, but became too frightened,) If so reaction?

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us,

we are honored.

I so hope to read your book.

Dawn Meredith

William wrote:

[...]

but others murders. But then came the fingerprint...

[...]

-----------------

Hey William,

Nice to see you still posting on the subject -- Most of us from RichD's JFK Research forum send a big "hello" -- How is the book doing?

Thought I'd let you know, a documentary aired last night in the US regarding the reliability of finger prints and finger printing in general, and the technology, specifically. 'Specifically', how the FBI has bungled case after case that relied on the use of IDing perps through "finger prints". Worse, when NO conclusive or defining points can be agreed upon [amongst experts] the FBI refuses to concede they made mistakes ...

Apparently there is NO criteria, or education track one can determine as in, who is a *expert* for this field -- if one claims they're an expert in fingerprint identification technology, evidently they are! Same works for the FBI, however -- time after time after time when the FBI sits for the prosecution, their work is seldom challenged, right or WRONG... The documentary finding WRONG much more than a seasoned investigative organization show...

I think the road to ID'ing anyone through the use of finger printing is going to get much tougher from here on out!

I forgot the name of the show, and the cable network carrier that hosted last night, Jan 13th, sometime between 2000 - 2200hrs Pacific Standard Time

Unfortunately the FBI did not comment, nor the courts that intervened and freed the 'evidently', NOT guilty from prison...

David Healy

Edited by David G. Healy

Larry wrote :

Do you have a feel whether Brown would be willing to talk to serious researchers who might try for an affidavit or is he fed up with this whole subject by now?

Approching Kyle was tough. Talking to him was tougher. Having him on camera about the Carter's tape was...miraculous. Even with Billie's green light. So, i don't think that Kyle will adress the topic with another researcher.

Then Dawn wrote :

Mr Reymond

William is good enough :(

Nathan Darby has asked me to ask you about the dvd, or video he was supposed to receive. .

Tell Nathan that i'm sorry. I'm not the producer of the documentary and i have hard time to access the film. Myself, i only own a bootleg copy on a very poor shape. I hope that my next trip to Paris will help with this issue.

Also "X" has asked re same just now on phone. Neither posts on forums so I am the "elected" volunteer for this task.

Who is X ? ;)

Did you find Billie to be credible?

I'm well aware of Billie's reputation and let say that it's well deserve. Only a fool will trust Billie and find him credible without any kind of verification. And it's why Tom and myself did spend so much time to find evidences of Billie's allegations. Not only the JFK assassination but everything else as his relationship with Carter and LBJ. The truth about the Franklin Grand jurys, the rape allegations...

Why do you think he is still alive?

The power of the 1971 tape.

Has anyone else evaluated the print evidence? ((Aside from FBI and Mark Sample's guys)? (Oh. and the other expert in Tx. who also found a match, but became too frightened,) If so reaction?

According to Barr, a french expert did it. I'm sure that X can tell you the whole story ;)

Edited by William Reymond

David wrote :

Nice to see you still posting on the subject -- Most of us from RichD's JFK Research forum send a big "hello" -- How is the book doing?

Thank you David. The book did good. About me and posting on the JFK assassination, let say that i was impressed by John's job and his commitment to History and Education. So, i'm still in a kind of semi-retirement. :(

Thought I'd let you know, a documentary aired last night in the US regarding the reliability of finger prints and finger printing in general, and the technology, specifically. 'Specifically', how the FBI has bungled case after case that relied on the use of IDing perps through "finger prints". Worse, when NO conclusive or defining points can be agreed upon [amongst experts] the FBI refuses to concede they made mistakes ...

Apparently there is NO criteria, or education track one can determine as in, who is a *expert* for this field -- if one claims they're an expert in fingerprint identification technology, evidently they are! Same works for the FBI, however -- time after time after time when the FBI sits for the prosecution, their work is seldom challenged, right or WRONG... The documentary finding WRONG much more than a seasoned investigative organization show...

I think the road to ID'ing anyone through the use of finger printing is going to get much tougher from here on out!

It's very interesting, especially the way the FBI is dealing with their own experts. On a general way, the fingerprint issue as evidence is a controversial topic between experts. It's why Darby's brillant job + two others confirmations are not a slam dunk.

But now, he you add fingerprint+ tape+ Mac's background+ few other things, you are pretty close of a three pointer from Downtown !

David wrote :

Thank you David. The book did good. About me and posting on the JFK assassination, let say that i was impressed by John's job and his commitment to History and Education. So, i'm still in a kind of semi-retirement. :o

It's very interesting, especially the way the FBI is dealing with their own experts. On a general way, the fingerprint issue as evidence is a controversial topic between experts. It's why Darby's brillant job + two others confirmations are not a slam dunk.

But now, he you add fingerprint+ tape+ Mac's background+ few other things, you are pretty close of a three pointer from Downtown !

William,

Thanx. I will let Nathan know the situation. And I will tell you know who too (you know who X is, deep cover man)..we're all awaiting the book in English. Great answers to all the questions asked of you.

We really appreciate it. Weird being in LBJ's sorta hometown, but it's a wonderfully liberal FJk kind of town I'm sure Lyndon and I don't frequest the same haunts.

As for using Mac, who else? He got away with several murders so what's a few more? He's still gotten away with it. I think he was in it, but who fired which shots, that's up for grabs. I know Lee shot no rifle that day. But the other "confessors"...I have questions and I have doubts, and they sway me every way. The one confession I am sure is false is Easterling. Files??Perhaps, but some think he read a lot of books...so hard to KNOW. But Wallace, there's so much evidence of him, and so thanx for sharing your work with us.

Dawn

William Reymond wrote:

Yes and no. But first, let me state that. Before we were sure about the fingerprint, Tom and myself did spend quite a time to try to find if Mac Wallace was Mac Wallace. Several times, Billie said to us that he used Mac Wallace's name as an alias for somebody else. Though, he said that he didn't do that about the JFK's assassination but others murders. But then came the fingerprint...

Can you bring me up to speed on the fingerprint. I understand it was found on a box in the TSBD.

(1) Was it on the sixth floor?

(2) What date was it found?

(3) On what box was it found?

I am curious why a box would stay in the TSBD for years.

William Reymond wrote:

On 9th August, 1984, Estes' lawyer, Douglas Caddy, wrote to Stephen S. Trott at the U.S. Department of Justice. In the letter Caddy claimed that Estes, Lyndon B. Johnson, Mac Wallace and Cliff Carter had been involved in the murders of Henry Marshall, George Krutilek, Harold Orr, Ike Rogers, Coleman Wade, Josefa Johnson, John Kinser and John F. Kennedy. Caddy added: "Mr. Estes is willing to testify that LBJ ordered these killings, and that he transmitted his orders through Cliff Carter to Mac Wallace, who executed the murders."

I wanted to remind readers that Caddy was also involved very quickly as an attorney in the Watergate matter. Caddy has been discussed in another thread.

Is Caddy still alive?

I have seen a copy of this letter on the Internet. Can someone post a copy of it in this thread (or a link to the letter?), I'm sure Forum members/guests would like to see the original letter.