The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

GOP spin and list of sour grape grievances about the debate.

1)Fact checked on social media claims of immigrants eating U.S. citizens dogs, My God the moderators were so unfair. CNN didn't fact check! It was 3 against 1!
Fact:Trump Fact checked 2, maybe 3 times and Trump had 5 minutes more air time than Harris?

2)  Trump got diverted by Harris with her cheap tricks!
Yes that's true, she completely lulled him in and when Trump didn't end up bashing himself, Harris bashed him, All the while Harris was chiding  him for being a sucker and easily manipulated by foreign leaders, like Putin and Kim Jong Un. Did the GOP catch the irony there?
And this isn't some sign of Harris's competence under pressure? Oh how could that be?

I'll agree that Harris wasn't put as much to task to get her policies out there as Trump. Some  blame Trump for not taking her to task. 
First off  I'm not even sure the debate rules even allowed for that.  But I guess it didn't matter because all rules ended when Trump was given the complete license to have the last word on everything! I thought they were going to be turning off mics here, not turning them back on again. I think he got away with it twice and finally Harris said she also wants to respond in kind. 
It should have been as easy as not turning the mic back on and laying down the law and simply saying "we're running this debate here." Supposedly they have an agenda and time constraints!

Was it really that unfair? He ended speaking over 5 minutes more than Harris. As it turned out, Trump gave himself a chance to challenge Harris, but  with every Trump interjection, it ended up  being just  more rope for Trump to hang himself.

The future, the Republicans seem to think Trump can actually learn and turn around his performance?

What the GOP hopes for their next debate spin, is that they'll be able to say that Trump "calmed down" and "focused on the issues." So he'll just 1) talk about the border and 2) ask "are you better off* and both can be somewhat deflected and Trump will be even more boring than he was in this debate. Is that why people tune in to watch Trump? Because he's boring?

* Never mind in either case does the Vice President direct policy. Harris will counter again that they had a border bill approved by both parties and Trump nixed it and his party followed in lockstep. And 2. Harris will remind him when Trump left office the economy was in shambles from covid ruin, It's not that fair, but neither is blaming Biden Harris  for inflation that was caused by a surge in  consumer spending chasing after fewer goods, after the covid lock down. But the average voter doesn't know the difference so it's all fair game.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Trump collapse when Harris took him to task during their debate,

My first thought was,  Gee, that was  easy!
I can't help but think -was it always this easy? 5 years ago we first learned that Trump inherited 410 million and has declared bankruptcy 6 times.

I wondered , how come Biden never brought things like this up when he debated Trump? During the 2020 campaign it seemed like, despite being the challenger, Biden played defense and often only hoped to successfully deflect  Trump's charges against Hunter  Biden. Biden would attack Trump but often in non specific terms.

I didn't like it, but in the end I had to admit, he won! So Biden knew something I didn't know.
Now we know Harris won't spare him at all!

We could all probably come up with some more suggestions for Harris. Perhaps things we've heard as well as things Trump settled out of court.
- If Harris is going to say that the Trump's deliberately did not rent to blacks, she could also say the Trump family  were known slumlords that often faced injunctions to not  provide adequate facilities to their tenants There are a number of people who have said that, including decades back, Woodie Guthrie.

-Trump in front of his supporters made fun of Paul Pelosi sustaining injuries being smashed over the head with a hammer.

Since the cat is now out of the bag. And we know now Harris is not going to soft pedal it.
Trump benefited from overcharging the government 5 times the going government rate for Secret Service members staying  at his hotel, charging the $1185 dollars a night  when the going government rate was $242!

Documents obtained by Congress show the Secret Service was charged rates above the government rate at least 40 times from Jan. 20, 2017, to Sept. 15, 2021.

Harris should mention  Trump is currently under investigation that Trump
collected a $10 million cash bribe from Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi.s

Reports of Alleged Bribe are Consistent with Trump’s Record of Selling Out the White House to Corrupt Foreign Autocrats

This was settled out of court involving the Trump crime family. This is about a settlement with Trump, Donald Jr., Ivanka,  and Eric stealing from a child's charity!

Donald J. Trump was forced to pay more than $2 million in court-ordered damages to eight different charities for illegally misusing charitable funds at the Trump Foundation for political purposes:

a-kids-cancer-charity-why-dont-we-talk-a

What else  could Harris bring up?

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

hahaha omg he's truly lost his mind

He's lost without an incredibly inept (Mrs Clinton) or weak (Biden) hand-picked DNC candidate to run against.

image.png.d52b3fe98c7d6cc945d239c929f18b70.png

Make no mistake about it. Look at the time stamp.

This was posted after the City Hall and Elementary School in Springfield, Ohio had to be evacuated because of bomb threats.

The man is beyond disgusting.

Steve Thomas

- Laura Loomer -

“Haitian immigrants aren’t just eating cats and dogs. They eat HUMANS. Remember their leader? Known as “Barbeque”? Only Hannibal Lecter himself would want to bring more of them to the United States! Don’t let the media say that concerns about illegal immigration are “conspiracy theories”. These aren’t rumors. It’s a FACT. When you import the third world, you become the third world, and we won’t allow it here in America.”

See? I told you. They can't help themselves. That's the problem with sensationalism. You have to keep upping the ante, or people get bored.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

People in Springfield, Ohio and elsewhere, are getting pissed.

- J.D. Vance -

"In Springfield, Ohio, there has been a massive rise in communicable diseases, rent prices, car insurance rates, and crime," Vance wrote. "This is what happens when you drop 20,000 people into a small community. [Vice President] Kamala Harris's immigration policy aims to do this to every town in our country."

People are eating your dogs and cats. Now they've introduced human sacrifice, voodoo and cannibalism.

The elementary schools are being evacuated because of bomb threats. City Hall had to be evacuated.  Neighbors are now afraid of each other.

All this is happening in a small Midwestern Town because some asshole politicians want to exploit a situation for their own personal gain.

People are calling for J.D. Vance to resign (he's a United States Senator for God's sake), and also withdraw from the Presidential race. nobody wants him anywhere near the White House.

"No sanitizing this. @jdvance and @realDonaldTrump bear full responsibility. They’re promoters of terrorism; and they did it intentionally," wrote columnist, reporter, and former editor in chief of Crooked Media Brian Beutler."

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

You know, maybe this Springfield flopalooza happened when it did.

Trump speaks and his supporters follow.

It happened January 6th and it's happening again.

Now the entire country can see what's in store for all of us if Trump wins.

He can make stuff up of out of thin air and his rabid dogs will follow right along.

Steve Thomas

6 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

You know, maybe this Springfield flopalooza happened when it did.

Trump speaks and his supporters follow.

It happened January 6th and it's happening again.

Now the entire country can see what's in store for all of us if Trump wins.

He can make stuff up of out of thin air and his rabid dogs will follow right along.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Trump is the very definition of a "stochastic terrorist" -- i.e., a demagogue who incites random acts of violence against the citizenry.

The examples are legion-- MAGA Bomber Cesar Sayoc, the Baltimore journalist murders, the El Paso Walmart Massacre, and, of course, J6.

3 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Steve,

Trump is the very definition of a "stochastic terrorist" -- i.e., a demagogue who incites random acts of violence against the citizenry.

The examples are legion-- MAGA Bomber Cesar Sayoc, the Baltimore journalist murders, the El Paso Walmart Massacre, and, of course, J6.

Addendum:  Not to mention MAGA death threats against election officials, judges, prosecutors, and, most recently, the ABC debate moderators!

Any predictions about Don's latest possible con?

I predict that Trump is doing a head fake, to keep the price from plunging before he dumps his shares next week.

Trump Claims He’s Not Selling Stake in Trump Media

September 13, 2024 at 3:04 pm EDT By Taegan Goddard

Shares of Trump Media surged Friday after majority owner Donald Trump said he is not selling his stake, NBC News reports.

Said Trump: “I have absolutely no intention of selling.”

Edited by W. Niederhut