The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

7 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

Nope - but maybe a good combo surf meets teen tragedy song will take your mind off of it:

LOL, Bill... 😂

If Bruce Springsteen had grown up in SoCal instead of New Jersey, he would have written songs like this.

Killed by coral...that's the moral?

Incidentally, I've had a weird fondness for surf rock for many years-- despite growing up 1,000 miles from an ocean.

My all-time favorite recording in that genre is Apache, by the Shadows-- a masterpiece.  1960.

Long live the Fender Stratocaster!!!

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Incidentally, I've had a weird fondness for surf rock for many years-- despite growing up 1,000 miles from an ocean.

My all-time favorite recording in that genre is Apache, by the Shadows-- a masterpiece.  1960.

That's a great one.   I think you have to be of a certain age to really like surf music and it probably helped to be land-locked where you could only dream of surfing or see it on the Wide World of Sports.

This should make the election a lot closer - Trump is running as 'The saviour of vaping'.  The 'make vaping great again' hats should be on sale soon.

https://www.timesnownews.com/world/us/us-news/donald-trumps-latest-truth-social-claim-ill-save-vaping-again-article-113535190

Edited by Bill Fite

Trump and Vance’s Springfield smear is a microcosm of their entire campaign
By Sidney Blumenthal
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/sep/20/trump-vance-springfield-immigrants-avoid-abortion

“I don’t know what happened with the bomb threats,” Trump lied. “I know that it’s been taken over by illegal migrants, and that’s a terrible thing that happened.” He pledged: “We will do large deportations from Springfield, Ohio. Large deportations. We’re gonna get these people out.” He said they would be the first to be rounded up.

"It was so beautiful. Springfield, Ohio. I was there. I campaigned there a while ago. Springfield, it was so beautiful. Now it’s just … What a place. Can you imagine? You have this small little community. All of a sudden you have 20,000 illegals in your community. Nobody knows where they come from. I’m angry about young American girls being raped and sodomized and murdered by savage criminal aliens.”

OMG

Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

There are 7.6 million voters in Georgia.

The three Republican members of the Georgia Elections Board should be forced to count every single ballot by hand, and they should not be allowed to stop until they are finished.

Steve Thomas

Trump’s Nemesis Returns to Protect the Vote in Georgia

September 21, 2024 at 10:28 am EDT By Taegan Goddard 

“Brad Raffensperger is all too familiar with attempts to subvert U.S. democracy,” the Financial Times reports.

“The Secretary of State for Georgia was on the receiving end of the infamous Donald Trump phone call after the 2020 election, when the then-president urged his fellow Republican to ‘find’ the 11,780 votes he needed to win the state. Raffensperger refused and death threats ensued.”

“Almost four years on from the unrest that followed the last presidential election, Raffensperger is again in the crosshairs of the Trump faithful, as he battles a MAGA-friendly majority on the swing state’s election board who passed last-minute laws that critics claim will pave the way for post-election legal chaos, if not violent unrest.”

4 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Trump First Edition Silver Medallion will be available starting Wednesday, 9/25/24."

There's just too many Trump collectibles - too many choices.  

How can anyone make up their mind what future garage sale items to purchase?

The Senate Dems can tie in the Senate if only John Tester can win in Montana and he's currently losing by 5%.

Outside of that, it would be nothing short of  a revolution going after  Big Daddy Ted Cruz in Texas. Will the people there ever  break the chains that bind them?  I can name 10 states he wouldn't be elected dog catcher! Tune in !

Good analogy. Corporatism is the order of the day. And the Democrats are the "good cops" and the Republicans are the "bad  cops". But I think there's hope for the Democrats if their base ever got their sh-t together.

Scaramucci, old corporate guy, lasted all of 10 days in the Trump administration, talking to Cenk Uygur about Citizen's United and corporate /government corruption hitting a 20 year streak of new highs!