The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,In the interview, I would interpret it as the Dems are trying to portray themselves as the "good cops" or the benign face of capitalism and the Republicans are the bad cops  who don't care but are just adamant capitalists

.But both omit the word "corporate" because that's where their money comes from and who they work for. My take

6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Bill,In the interview, I would interpret it as the Dems are trying to portray themselves as the "good cops" or the benign face of capitalism and the Republicans are the bad cops  who don't care but are just adamant capitalists

.But both omit the word "corporate" because that's where their money comes from and who they work for. My take

Kirk,

I agree that corporate money funds both parties, but consider the major party differences on;

1)  Tax policy (including corporate tax rates)

2)  Big Pharma 

3)  Big Oil

4)  Protective tariffs

5)  Labor unions

6)  Minimum wages

I agree W.  on all those counts. Though the Dems have moved closer to the Republicans on tariffs. But now Trump has shot to the moon on tariffs and the Dems are starting to draw the line. I think history will credit Trump in recognizing the Chinese economic threat, but Biden will be credited with more of a surgical strike that didn't hurt American workers as much,  and I think it's worked better than i could have predicted 8 years ago, but that might also be due to a demographic decline in China as well. I think the Chinese have learned that it's more important to have a working relationship with the U.S. than say, Russia.

As for "Big Oil", Unfortunately I think the Dems have also move toward the Repubs on energy policy. Now policy is leading toward more energy independence and less concern for climate change because its really been decided on high that our energy needs are going to get much greater with the advent of AI and Crypto.

But it's also important to note that you can't find a Democratic politician who has come out in favor of Citizen's United. It's a little schizoid  though in that the Dems didn't want codified into law what they are in effect already doing. So they're kind of saying to their base.  "Please stop us, before we take this to such an extreme, you'll never forgive us, and that will be destabilizing."

8 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

There is definitely a difference in approach between the two, as this woman exemplifies. A huge difference, actually.

Trump explains plan to mass deport 'beautiful children' who have 'serial numbers'

by David Edwards September 22, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-immigrant-serial-numbers/

“In a Sunday interview on Full Measure, host Sharyl Attkisson challenged Trump on his promise of mass deportations.

"That's right," Trump said. "You take a young woman with two beautiful children, and you put her on a bus, and it ends up on the front page of every newspaper. It makes it a lot harder."

"So yes to mass deportation, even of women and children," he continued. "You put one wrong person onto a bus or onto an airplane, and your radical left lunatics will try and make it sound like the worst thing that's ever happened."

Trump said that he would work with local authorities to round up immigrants by "serial numbers."”

I wonder if those serial numbers will be tattooed on their forearm

Steve Thomas

50 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Trump explains plan to mass deport 'beautiful children' who have 'serial numbers'

by David Edwards September 22, 2024

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-immigrant-serial-numbers/

“In a Sunday interview on Full Measure, host Sharyl Attkisson challenged Trump on his promise of mass deportations.

"That's right," Trump said. "You take a young woman with two beautiful children, and you put her on a bus, and it ends up on the front page of every newspaper. It makes it a lot harder."

"So yes to mass deportation, even of women and children," he continued. "You put one wrong person onto a bus or onto an airplane, and your radical left lunatics will try and make it sound like the worst thing that's ever happened."

Trump said that he would work with local authorities to round up immigrants by "serial numbers."”

I wonder if those serial numbers will be tattooed on their forearm

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Trump is the child of immigrants, like four of his five children.

So, his contempt for "immigrants" is really about racism-- contempt for dark-skinned people.

Trump's father was active in the KKK.

b939e9221717bb2b3fb7250c4faa10ad75e777b7

Companies Are Quickly Firing Gen Z Employees
Published Updated Sep 23, 2024
https://www.newsweek.com/companies-are-quickly-firing-gen-z-employees-1958104

"Companies are rapidly firing Gen Z employees just months after they hired them, according to a new report from Intelligent.com, but instead of putting the blame on G Z-ers, one expert told Newsweek whose fault it may really be."

"The survey revealed that one in six businesses said they were hesitant to hire recent college graduates over concerns about how prepared they are for the work as well as their communication skills and professionalism."

"Many recent college graduates may struggle with entering the workforce for the first time as it can be a huge contrast from what they are used to throughout their education journey," Intelligent's Chief Education and Career Development Advisor Huy Nguyen said in the report."

"They are often unprepared for a less structured environment, workplace cultural dynamics, and the expectation of autonomous work. Although they may have some theoretical knowledge from college, they often lack the practical, real-world experience and soft skills required to succeed in the work environment."

"And because Gen Z already has a stereotype of being lazy or uncooperative in the workplace, employers might be primed to find problems with the generation of workers that is adapting to full-time jobs for the first time."
"Across the board, 75 percent of companies reported that some or all of their recent college graduate hires were unsatisfactory.

Employers most often cited a lack of motivation in their recent graduate hires, at 50 percent, while 39 percent said poor communication skills and 46 percent said a lack of professionalism made this cohort difficult to work with."

"But according to HR consultant Bryan Driscoll, the problem likely isn't Gen Z, but instead the larger education system."

"Not only are we creating a generation of workers who feel disillusioned and undervalued, but we're also stunting long-term growth in the workforce," Driscoll said. "Gen Z is hungry for development opportunities, but if companies keep treating them as disposable assets, we're going to end up with a workforce that's both overworked and unprepared."

"The solution is not to stop hiring people fresh out of school but instead change how education and professional development are viewed, he added."
"Companies are failing workers by not taking responsibility for training and hoping that a college degree can substitute," Driscoll said. "It never has and, in our current system, it never will."

Steve Thomas

I'm going up to Estes Park tomorrow, to enjoy the autumn aspens and play some end-of-the-season golf.

It used to be pleasant around Labor Day, (70 F) but global warming has shifted the cooler weather three or four weeks later in the year.

Just saw this article from the local news. *

I was up in Estes last October when they had to close one of the golf courses after it was overrun by elk herds.

I had to abandon a decent approach shot (by the green) on my final round on that course because of a testy bull trotting near the green.  Would have parred that hole.

Colorado mountain town recognized as one of the best places to visit this fall (msn.com)

AA1r3r04.img?w=768&h=513&m=6

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I'm going up to Estes Park tomorrow, to enjoy the autumn aspens and play some end-of-the-season golf.

I was up in Estes last October when they had to close one of the golf courses after it was overrun by elk herds.

William,

I used to live over on the Western Slope outside of Rifle. We used to sit on the bluff watching the elk graze in the Colorado River bottom down below. Great times.

Steve Thomas