The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.

Sandy Larsen

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Ron, I wondered if they had a microphone fail?  Those in the crowd behind him were zombies in comparison to the rowdy performances at other rallies. Granted, Baylor is not the home of animated enthusiasm, but this was rather bizarre.  

58 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

It appeared to me that in the first hour they were recruiting fans to move to the bleachers behind the podium? And he kept them waiting how long this time?  That is collective insanity imv, and reflective of just how little he respects his fans.

1 hour ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Ron, I wondered if they had a microphone fail?  Those in the crowd behind him were zombies in comparison to the rowdy performances at other rallies. Granted, Baylor is not the home of animated enthusiasm, but this was rather bizarre.  

I haven't watched any of his actual speech.  I did watch part of the link W posted of Ted Nugent.  The crowd's response to his comments seemed pretty blah.  He wasn't exactly getting them fired up.

26 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

I haven't watched any of his actual speech.  I did watch part of the link W posted of Ted Nugent.  The crowd's response to his comments seemed pretty blah.  He wasn't exactly getting them fired up.

It was one of the more weird rallies I've followed. Very low key, Trump was 'low key'. Perhaps far too genuinely conservative a venue.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

4 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

While not using those specific "End Times" words, more and more, Donald Trump is beginning to frame his arguments in Armageddon terms.

At his last rally in Waco on Saturday,, he said (according to the Daily Beast):

"Donald Trump made some big promises to supporters at his rally in Waco, Texas on Saturday, vowing to defeat demonic forces in the “final battle” of 2024 and make the country a “free nation again.”"

Again and again, I read references to people in the audience speaking of Donald Trump as the "Savior".

With Trump speaking in the background, Hungarian-American retiree Marianna Bodrogi told AFP the occasion marked "the first time I've seen Trump in person."

"I love him, he's our savior," the 69-year-old said.

He is not doing anything to dispel that notion.

Steve Thomas

According to the [Wac0] Tribune-Herald's Mike Copeland, "Trump arrived shortly before 6 p.m., his plane circling the airport as attendees intently looked to the heavens."

I'm telling you. People are being prepped.

Steve Thomas

40 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

According to the [Wac0] Tribune-Herald's Mike Copeland, "Trump arrived shortly before 6 p.m., his plane circling the airport as attendees intently looked to the heavens."

I'm telling you. People are being prepped.

Steve Thomas

Did you watch and listen as "Hallelujah" blared prior to Trump's descent down those stairs? [why didn't some trickster hide a banana peel?!]

Thankfully it wasn't Cohen's rendition, otherwise I would have been conflicted! 

Nuremberg Rally redux.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

MUSSOLINI RECEIVES THE BROWNING PILGRIMS: “When Mr. Mussolini notified the American ambassador that he would be pleased to receive us, the Chargé d’ Affaires ad interim, Alexander Kirk, called to inform us and to instruct us in the niceties of such a reception. His visit was followed by a special messenger from the Italian “ministero degli Affari Esteri" bearing a very large envelope with a gold seal. In Italian the Secretary had informed us that “the Chief of the Government”—as Mussolini is invariably called—“would receive us at 19:45 in the Palazzo Venezia.” It was a memorable day that “the Chief of the Government”—as Mussolini is invariably called—“would receive us at 19:45 in the Palazzo Venezia.” It was a memorable day. The Browning Pilgrims had been given an audience by the Pope at one and now at 7:45 we were being accorded a private reception by Mussolini. It thrills Americans to see Mussolini as he leaves his home in his automobile … but to see him intimately at close range was exciting and unforgettable . . . since our return to America, Mr. Mussolini has shown his further interest in Baylor Browning Collection and this pilgrimage by sending his autographed photograph in large cabinet size to be placed in the Browning Library—“ Baylor Bulletin: ‘BROWNING INTERESTS’ by A. Joseph Armstrong, Ph D., Litt.D. 

You can't make this stuff up.  The version was Italian Andrea Bocelli.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Ron,

I think I have discovered why Trump's Waco crowd was so subdued.  🤥

Edited by W. Niederhut