Jump to content
The Education Forum

MAINSTREAM COOLER - For those who believe mainstream contemporary facts.


Sandy Larsen

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I read the initial reports about this Progzhin phone call with interest this week.

Obviously, some very powerful people in Putin's FSB oligarchy are fed up with Mad Vlad.

Will Putin dare to have even Prigozhin thrown out of a window?

Incidentally, I read two other stories recently illustrating the similarities between Putin's FSB police state today and Stalin's NKVD police state during WWII.

One was about a Russian who was sent to the Gulag for criticizing Putin in a private communique.  (This is precisely what happened to artillery Captain Alexander Solzhenitsyn during WWII-- he was sentenced to 10 years in the Gulag for posting a joke about Stalin in a private letter from the Front.)

The other story was about Putin's use of snipers who shoot Russian soldiers for retreating from the front lines in Ukraine-- an old tactic used by Stalin during WWII.

 

Edited by W. Niederhut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Conservative podcast host Steve Bannon showed up in E. Palestine on Tuesday to comfort victims of a recent train derailment by offering them coupons for $80 off water filtration systems.

What is Wrong With These People?

Have they no shame whatsoever? How can you go through life like that?

Steve Thomas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Conservative podcast host Steve Bannon showed up in E. Palestine on Tuesday to comfort victims of a recent train derailment by offering them coupons for $80 off water filtration systems.

What is Wrong With These People?

Have they no shame whatsoever? How can you go through life like that?

Steve Thomas

Parasite jumps to mind as an answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I read the initial reports about this Progzhin phone call with interest this week.

Obviously, some very powerful people in Putin's FSB oligarchy are fed up with Mad Vlad.

Will Putin dare to have even Prigozhin thrown out of a window?

Incidentally, I read two other stories recently illustrating the similarities between Putin's FSB police state today and Stalin's NKVD police state during WWII.

One was about a Russian who was sent to the Gulag for criticizing Putin in a private communique.  (This is precisely what happened to artillery Captain Alexander Solzhenitsyn during WWII-- he was sentenced to 10 years in the Gulag for posting a joke about Stalin in a private letter from the Front.)

The other story was about Putin's use of snipers who shoot Russian soldiers for retreating from the front lines in Ukraine-- an old tactic used by Stalin during WWII.

 

This may be a factor in the decision of some elites in Russia to be critical of Putin:

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is ushering in an economic crisis for Putin: report - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

 

From the article: "Russia’s economy is entering a long-term regression," he warned.

Edited by Douglas Caddy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2023 at 2:46 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Jury Reviews Role of Pecker in Trump's Stormy Daniels Affair

Former National Enquirer Publisher David Pecker Testifies Again in Trump Inquiry

 

Ha! I wonder if the double-entendre in that title was intentional.  😄

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

 

Ha! I wonder if the double-entendre in that title was intentional.  😄

 

Some jokes write themselves, Sandy.  🤥 

I'm guessing that David Pecker experienced a lot of harassment in his youth.

Perhaps it played a role in his later involvement with the scurrilous National Enquirer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

I wonder if these endless delays are related to concerns about attacks/riots by violent Trump supporters.

Didn't the Fulton County grand jury wrap up their hearings a month ago?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

I wonder if these endless delays are related to concerns about attacks/riots by violent Trump supporters.

meh, I highly doubt it. When Trump announced that he was "going to be arrested Tuesday" and told people to protest, the small number of Proud Boys that showed up in Manhattan got a less than friendly welcome and ultimately required escorts to get out of an unpleasant situation. That kind of BS isn't going to be allowed by New Yorkers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

meh, I highly doubt it. When Trump announced that he was "going to be arrested Tuesday" and told people to protest, the small number of Proud Boys that showed up in Manhattan got a less than friendly welcome and ultimately required escorts to get out of an unpleasant situation. That kind of BS isn't going to be allowed by New Yorkers.

Matt,

     On the other hand, a woman with a knife-- a Trumpster-- was arrested outside of the NY court house yesterday after threatening people, and some yahoo recently mailed DA Alvin Bragg some white powder.

     Any thoughts or insights about the delays in indicting Trump, (including the Fulton County case?)

    

    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...