The Education Forum

Is This About the JFK Records? Daily Beast Savages RFK Jr.

Benjamin Cole

The Daily Beast has been identified by JFKA researcher Dick Russell as a CIA-linked news organization. Call it "Mockingbird II" 

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/the-daily-beast-ties-to-cia/

Now, the Daily Beast has called RFK Jr. "the worst possible president." 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rfk-jr-would-be-the-worst-possible-president-kennedy?ref=wrap

To be clear, RFK is not a simple anti-vaxxer, but has concerns about vaccines. Maybe vaccines need review, I don't know. 

But set that aside: Why would a candidate's stance on just one issue---in this case, vaccines---make him or her the "best" or "worst" possible candidate? How about national defense? The VA budget? Urban crime?  Industrial policy? An open border with a Third World nation? Trade with China? Real wages in the US? On and on. 

I think we all strongly conjecture RFK Jr. would open up the JFK Records, and any records pertaining to his own father. 

I posit the CIA and Mockingbirded allies (which is to say large swath of US media) want to put the knife in RFK Jr. now, early, before he gains any traction. 

BTW, back in 2021, RFK said out loud he suspected Daily Beast was a CIA op. 

"I assumed Daily Beast was probably receiving some stream of advertising revenue from Pharma. It never occurred to me, back then, that this might be an intelligence agency agenda.” ---RFK Jr. 

Intel agencies don't give a hoot about vaccines.

They care about the JFK Records. 

My friends seem to feel the same about his supposed anti vaccine stance, yet none of them have listened to him or read anything he’s written. It’s brainwashing. And posters here say - he’s too tainted to recover from the smear campaign, which has been going on for years btw. Some kind of Catch-22. Trump effect as well, meaning anyone but Trump becomes a forced vote. I remember the same thing being said about Reagan, and Bush too. We are too scared of what might happen. Really. Really? Hasn’t the worst already happened? We lost the Supreme Court. That was the bugaboo. We already got the crushing millionaire tax cuts. We are fighting a proxy war. What could be worse? William will point out all the Republican shenanigans, and I would even agree with him. But the oppositional fractured Democratic Party does little to reverse those trends when they do control Congress. As someone said today on KPFA, talking about our system vs France, we have two right wing parties. That’s basically true. 

T

2 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

My friends seem to feel the same about his supposed anti vaccine stance, yet none of them have listened to him or read anything he’s written. It’s brainwashing. And posters here say - he’s too tainted to recover from the smear campaign, which has been going on for years btw. Some kind of Catch-22. Trump effect as well, meaning anyone but Trump becomes a forced vote. I remember the same thing being said about Reagan, and Bush too. We are too scared of what might happen. Really. Really? Hasn’t the worst already happened? We lost the Supreme Court. That was the bugaboo. We already got the crushing millionaire tax cuts. We are fighting a proxy war. What could be worse? William will point out all the Republican shenanigans, and I would even agree with him. But the oppositional fractured Democratic Party does little to reverse those trends when they do control Congress. As someone said today on KPFA, talking about our system vs France, we have two right wing parties. That’s basically true. 

Not true, Paul.

It took some time and effort, but Democrats have rolled back Reaganomic tax cuts for the rich-- e.g., in 1993.  In the process, Clinton dramatically reduced the growth rate of our Reaganomic national debt in the 1990s.  (See graph) And the U.S. economy prospered under Bill Clinton.

Bush and Cheney DOUBLED the national debt from 2001 to 2009 with their additional tax cuts for the rich, (in 2001 and 2003) en route to crashing the U.S. economy in 2008.  Their GDP and jobs record was terrible.

Obama succeeded in gradually reducing the deficits, after stabilizing the Great Bush-Cheney Recession.  He then presided over seven years of sustained U.S. GDP and private sector job growth, and a 275% increase in the stock markets.

Then Donald Trump mushroomed the debt, again, with his idiotic 2017 tax cuts for billionaires and corporations.   And Trump presided over the worst GDP and job growth numbers in modern U.S. history.  

It takes time for Democratic administrations to clean up these recurrent Republican debacles.

The Republican Party in the post-Reagan era is still operating on the Reaganomic Starve-the-Beast model-- 1) Cut taxes for the rich, then 2) Cut socially beneficial spending to pay for the tax cuts.

That is why Paul Ryan and the GOP House passed two budget bills after 2010 that would have ended Medicare, as we know it, for retirees born after 1959.

It's also why the current GOP House is unable to propose a budget.  They won't roll back the 2017 Trump/GOP tax cuts for billionaires, and they are afraid to cut Social Security and Medicare.

US National Debt History by President : r/dataisbeautiful

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Ben, do you think maybe your post would have been more appropriate in the recently moved topic RK ir about to run for the presidency?

I am specifically focusing on the Daily Beast article and RFK's stance re the JFK Records. This is not a Deeper Politics article, or another entry in the blue vs. red kool-aid pissing wars. 

The JFK Records are extremely timely, and topical, being suppressed by the current administration and under review now.

I defer to MFF and Larry Schnapf on details.  

Perhaps Niederhut's comment should be removed from this thread (much of which I agree with, but Neiderhut's comments turn this thread into another referendum on Donks v. Phants and Trump, which is a very, very large and often emotional topic). 

I will leave the removal of Niederhut's off-topic commentary to the mods. 

I contend threads (such as intended on this one) strictly on the JFK Records, and CIA-inspired hatchet jobs on someone who would open up those presently-suppressed JFK records, are germane to the EF-JFKA. 

Yet another general comparison of Donks vs Phants is likely not worthy of the EF-JFKA forum.

Edited by Benjamin Cole

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I appreciate your commentary, much of which I agree with.

But another review of Donks and 'Phants is OT, here.

I am focusing on a CIA-inspired Daily Beast hit piece on an individual---RFK Jr.---who would likely open up the JFK Records. 

I reason and contend since the CIA does not care much about domestic vaccine policies, the reason they organized this Daily Beast hatchet job must be the prospect of the JFK Records being opened up. 

For decades I thought there must not be much in the JFK Records. Scrubbed long ago. 

But given the excellent research of Jeff Morley, John Newman, the recent statements of former CIA'er Rolf Mowatt-Larssen, and the deep-sixing of the JFK Records by the present administration...now I think there really is something in the records. 

Something that, even now, the CIA does not want you, or the American public, to see. 

Great chart W.  To summarize.

Gross National Debt as a % of Gross Domestic Product starting at 50% in 1940 went up to 120% at the end of WWII.  Then fell from Truman to Carter in 1980 to about 35% when the neocon's took over.  In the next 40 years it went up to 65% under Reagan-Bush 1, down below 60% under Clinton, over 80% under Bush 2, over 100% under Obama but falling at the end, then back to almost 120% under our last president, what was his name?

In effect, over the last 40 years it's gone up to the level that required a World War, by 85%.  65% of that under the Republican administrations of Regan-Bush 1, Bush 2, and what's his name.

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Great chart W.  To summarize.

Gross National Debt as a % of Gross Domestic Product starting at 50% in 1940 went up to 120% at the end of WWII.  Then fell from Truman to Carter in 1980 to about 35% when the neocon's took over.  In the next 40 years it went up to 65% under Reagan-Bush 1, down below 60% under Clinton, over 80% under Bush 2, over 100% under Obama but falling at the end, then back to almost 120% under our last president, what was his name?

In effect, over the last 40 years it's gone up to the level that required a World War, by 85%.  65% of that under the Republican administrations of Regan-Bush 1, Bush 2, and what's his name.

Ron-

This wonderful commentary---for some other part of EF-JFKA. 

53 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Ron-

This wonderful commentary---for some other part of EF-JFKA. 

Ben,

This thread belongs on the Political Discussions board.

It has far less to do with the JFK assassination than some threads that have been removed to other boards.

It should be noted regarding the GND % of GPD bottomed out initially under Nixon then went up slightly and down again slightly under Carter.  Before exploding into trickle down Voodoo neocon Regan - Bush 1 economics over 12 years.  25% of the 65% increase in 40 years.  That's 40% of the total increase in 30% of the total years.

8 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

My friends seem to feel the same about his supposed anti vaccine stance, yet none of them have listened to him or read anything he’s written. It’s brainwashing. 

Exactly, Paul. It’s ‘programming’, pure and simple. From memory it was RFK JR who pointed out that the Daily Beast is a CIA front. 

Children’s Heath Defense is something that the public should welcome and celebrate. 

6 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

This thread belongs on the Political Discussions board.

It has far less to do with the JFK assassination than some threads that have been removed to other boards.

I posit that RFK Jr.  represents a threat---and a real threat, for obvious reasons---to those who want to keep the JFK Records buried. This is On Topic. 

For short-hand, I will call those people the Deep State, or shadow government, or the national security state, and they have factions of media doing their work, ala Operation Mockingbird, and in both major parties. 

Dick Russell has exposed The Daily Beast in this regard. 

General discussions about the worthiness of either party, or about Trump, do belong elsewhere. The internet is flooded with oceans of copy about the virtues and shortcomings of both parties and Trump. 

But not about the JFK Records. No one covers the JFK Records. The EF-JFKA needs to cover the JFK Records, as no one else is (with the exception of Jeff Morley).

The hipster Daily Beast called RFK Jr the "worst possible candidate" (that takes in some territory)...in the basis of a single issue: Vaccines? 

Huh? We know RFK Jr. is reliably liberal on most issues. So the Daily Beast can not con their liberal reading audience into being against RFK Jr. on the issues. The Daily Beast cannot accuse RFK Jr. of being a Russian stooge---that card has been played already. 

But they want to put the torpedo into RFK Jr., and badly. So...vaccines. We know that vaccines became politicized, and left-wingers embraced the C19 vaccines more than right-wingers. A great wedge issue to sink RFK Jr. 

I realize the world does not revolve around the JFK Records Act. 

But man, oh man, somebody does not want those records released, and in the worst way. When it comes to the JFK Records, I reason the CIA is a "one-issue voter." If someone is a threat to open up the JFK Records, all torpedo bays are fired and re-armed. 

President Biden just inked a deal to deep-six the JFK Records in perpetuity. Why? 

How on earth Biden's move the suppress the JFK Records transparent, or democratic? 

This transcends politics.

PS. I have no say in what is, or is not moved, and where inside EF-JFKA. I do think EF-JFKA should welcome all people from all political stripes---and thus have a neutral face to the world---and engage in civil conversation with all. New members and participants should be encouraged. 

General political discussions (also highly divisive, btw) should be assigned to their proper locations. 

Administrators,

This redundant Benjamin Cole thread about the Daily Beast and RFK, Jr.'s 2024 candidacy doesn't belong on the JFKA board.

In comparison, you recently removed a three year-old 2020 JFKA board thread about Trump's 2017 decision to block the release of the JFK assassination records, and a thread documenting Fletcher Prouty's history of exposing important details about the JFK assassination and the Vietnam War.

What criteria are being used to "exile" threads from the main board?

Let's, at least, have some consistent standards about what constitutes legitimate discourse about the JFK assassination.

The notion that RFK Jr might become President highlights the transparency problem of the last 6 decades.

Until now, all presidents have more or less been the least transparent possible.   And the HSCA and AARB were certainly "controlled" by folks that didn't want a full-bore investigation.   A potential RFK Jr. presidency would be a game-changer.

First off, this dithering that Biden is doing (as Trump and others did) would stop.  But it goes beyond that because there would, for the first time be active pressure to be more forthcoming - to decide "should we release X" questions in favor of transparency.   Beyond that:

• What if the president actively encouraged "whistleblowers" with promise of protection
  • What if the white house actively sought out information from its departments instead of limiting "transparency" to the bare minimum
  • What if the president encouraged other countries (e.g. Mexico) to share their files.

The stonewalling that the executive branch does to Congress would be disrupted substantially if the white house itself is pursuing the information.